"Bad Losses"

The Wiz

As we await news on where and when our next game will be ...here is an interesting article from Lunardi on what constitutes a bad loss.  We even get a shout out in the article.   I think the take away for Bills fans is the difference between a bad loss and what I would call a painful loss. A painful loss is one you should have won.  A painful loss though  isn't necessarily a bad loss. Leading in the final minutes of a game only to watch it slip away  is painful.  But our losses were not to bad teams. A computer can do one thing a Bills fan can't do....take the emotion out of the wins and losses....which is why Lunardi and I are both more optimistic  than some Bills fans are.

One last thing...I am not a big fan of the NET...it is a tool...(yes ..a double meaning) .  But if you want to use it in the best way possible, you have to think like a selection committee member.  Instead of looking at The Bills NET rating...look at The Bills opponent's NET rating for a better idea of what goes into the Committee's selection process.

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32965626/bracketology-new-year-resolution-redefine-bad-losses

CBFan and Bills By 40 like this

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

As we await news on where and when our next game will be ...here is an interesting article from Lunardi on what constitutes a bad loss.  We even get a shout out in the article.   I think the take away for Bills fans is the difference between a bad loss and what I would call a painful loss. A painful loss is one you should have won.  A painful loss though  isn't necessarily a bad loss. Leading in the final minutes of a game only to watch it slip away  is painful.  But our losses were not to bad teams. A computer can do one thing a Bills fan can't do....take the emotion out of the wins and losses....which is why Lunardi and I are both more optimistic  than some Bills fans are.

One last thing...I am not a big fan of the NET...it is a tool...(yes ..a double meaning) .  But if you want to use it in the best way possible, you have to think like a selection committee member.  Instead of looking at The Bills NET rating...look at The Bills opponent's NET rating for a better idea of what goes into the Committee's selection process.

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32965626/bracketology-new-year-resolution-redefine-bad-losses

great that covers "u know it alls" what about the casual observer?