The Bills over St. B by 3

The Wiz

1 minute ago, Fraz said:

This will be our 4th postponement/cancellation with no new games scheduled to date this year.  Why do we struggle to get a game?  Any game.  Loyola gets a cancellation and schedules a great game the same night.  

I think we probably could have got a game earlier this week if we really wanted it.  I think it was probably the right move not to.  You really don’t want to play a Xavier, Loyola or a Kentucky without Linssen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think we probably could have got a game earlier this week if we really wanted it.  I think it was probably the right move not to.  You really don’t want to play a Xavier, Loyola or a Kentucky without Linssen.

At this point we need to play anybody. 

Fraz likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I agree, we probably weren’t looking too hard for a game. After the last minute scheduling of NC State last season, I’m confident in the coaches’ ability to find us a game on short notice

brianstl likes this

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Frank C tweeting that Iona may come to town

That would be fun.

The good thing about playing Iona is that if you win it’s a decent win and if you lose there is a good chance that loss will be vacated at some point because Slick Rick is most likely cheating. 

Fraz likes this

35 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Rammer responded to Chapley's second tweet with a one-word reply: Iona.

I wonder if Iona with an elite coach like Pitino is given even more of an advantage as the Billikens can't really scout/practice for Iona on such short notice. It may come down more to in game coaching.

I don't think I'm insulting our coach to say that Iona's coach is better.

So maybe the statistical models don't hold up, as much, in a rapidly scheduled game.  I doubt there is enough of a sample size to test my theory. Heck, it's hard to determine what a 'good in game' coach is.  

2 minutes ago, someoneelse said:

I wonder if Iona with an elite coach like Pitino is given even more of an advantage as the Billikens can't really scout/practice for Iona on such short notice. It may come down more to in game coaching.

So maybe the statistical models don't hold up, as much, in a rapidly scheduled game.  I doubt there is enough of a sample size to test my theory. Heck, it's hard to determine what a 'good in game' coach is.  

I don't know what a good "in game coach" is. However, I do know a bad one is any coach that doesn't do what Billikens.com mbm's think they should have. 

10 minutes ago, someoneelse said:

I had the same thought. Travis is very good at game-planning. Pitino would run circles around him in-game coaching (as he does against most coaches, so not a knock on Travis).

14 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I had the same thought. Travis is very good at game-planning. Pitino would run circles around him in-game coaching (as he does against most coaches, so not a knock on Travis).

Not saying you're wrong about a Iona SLU in game coaching on such a short notice thing, but this feels like a "this is why we'll never win more than a first round ncaa game" bit.  Thats like every NCAA T unless you get a high seed for Travis.

6 hours ago, someoneelse said:

One for the small sample size - the last time SLU had this situation arise with a last minute game scheduled we beat NC State just last season.