The Bills over LaS by 18

The Wiz

No analysis this game unless I know they are playing this one.  If they do, I will update this page.

In the meantime , you can check out the post game analysis on the Rich spread thread to find out the how and why of that game. 

A few other notes ...

Injuries....Linssen   (ankle) and Courtney (illness )are both listed as questionable for the Wed game.  It is unknown at this time whether they will be able to play against LaS.

Finally ...Chance to Dance....

The Bills....54%....dn

Dav............48%...up

VCU............41%....dn

The win against Rich didn't really help our chances because we did exactly what we were supposed to do .

Stay tuned

brianstl and CBFan like this

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

with 4 games cancelled one would think one of the six would be healthy enough to play, bring in someone

Exactly.  I'm not sure why the A10 isn't trying to reschedule to have teams that are able to play do so now.  That will open up more spots later to reschedule other postponements and/or allow you to shift the home & homes mid-season such that you can hopefully still get everyone 18 A10 conference games or at least as many as possible.

Example - SLU's game vs LaSalle is postponed because of LaSalle and Mason's game vs Rhody is off I assume because of Rhody.  Have SLU go play at Mason.  That opens up SLU on 2/2 (the original date they were supposed to play @ Mason) for a potential makeup game against someone else.  Alternatively, you have SLU host Mason on 2/2 and not makeup the LaSalle home game. You just shifted SLU's home & home opponent from LaSalle to Mason.  Mason would drop a road game vs one of their H&H opponents - easy one is VCU since they already missed that one - and VCU would pickup a game vs LaSalle later on.

A10 conference schedule needs to be fluid if the plan is to try to get each team as many conference games as possible & hopefully 18.  A10 did an awful job at this last season & IIRC had the most missed games of any league.  You'd think they would have learned their lesson, but this is fairly typical for them.

41 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Exactly.  I'm not sure why the A10 isn't trying to reschedule to have teams that are able to play do so now.  That will open up more spots later to reschedule other postponements and/or allow you to shift the home & homes mid-season such that you can hopefully still get everyone 18 A10 conference games or at least as many as possible.

Example - SLU's game vs LaSalle is postponed because of LaSalle and Mason's game vs Rhody is off I assume because of Rhody.  Have SLU go play at Mason.  That opens up SLU on 2/2 (the original date they were supposed to play @ Mason) for a potential makeup game against someone else.  Alternatively, you have SLU host Mason on 2/2 and not makeup the LaSalle home game. You just shifted SLU's home & home opponent from LaSalle to Mason.  Mason would drop a road game vs one of their H&H opponents - easy one is VCU since they already missed that one - and VCU would pickup a game vs LaSalle later on.

A10 conference schedule needs to be fluid if the plan is to try to get each team as many conference games as possible & hopefully 18.  A10 did an awful job at this last season & IIRC had the most missed games of any league.  You'd think they would have learned their lesson, but this is fairly typical for them.

Mason announced they had Covid...so URI would be on the table. 

2 hours ago, JettFlight5 said:

Mason announced they had Covid...so URI would be on the table. 

Well crap.  I can’t keep track of which other teams are in protocols.  Throw out my example, but the overall point is valid.  A10 needs to be flexible with the schedule.

-I know about Loyola and USF having the Jesuit Battle in Mormon Territory game and looked to find other such games being scheduled and I don't see any on CBS or ESPN, any other games out there? I am wondering as CFord said we could play if we wanted a road game but he doesn't as would be 3 in a row away from home. To a degree I get that. I also don't see other conferences adjusting their schedules so clearly there is more to this than just sending Rhodey here for a game on Wednesday. I want the kids to have a chance to play as many games as possible.