GDT - Tha Spidahhhs

Fraz

20 minutes ago, almaman said:

coach laughed off the hater's "we keep it slowing down" BS pretty good with Rammer post game.

It wasn’t haters, it was anyone that watched the closing of the last three losses.  It, also, wasn’t BS as the the number of possessions per minute in the close of those games proves they slowed down.  Other than that, good on coach.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

A good W. Although I still think when we slow down play we let the opponent back into the game. Ford may have laughed at that, but it’s obvious to the casual observer. We let up in the gas teams come back on us. 

not many areas I can think of where i would rather be in the hand of your casual observers than in  those that know wtf they're doing.

slufanskip likes this

Nice win for the bills after a mini layoff. I didn’t think we played that great.  We had no business losing to that team, we had 4/5ths of the talent on the court.  However, it was the same thing against Belmont.

Yuri is SPECIAL!  He has really turned it around after that 3 game rough patch.

I hope we can get a game in before the bonnies game.  That will be a test, but I fear NO team in the A10.  So excited I can even state that with confidence after losing our best player before the season.  Awesome!

6 hours ago, almaman said:

any word or thoughts on Tj's leg incident. was scary optics lake shaking like that.

i think he had a hamstring cramp.   i sit very close to that basket and watched to two trainers as they worked on him.  no look of panic and massage of that hamstring was all they worked on.   my guess is hargrove was one of the players that didnt practice much the last two weeks.   to go out and play hard as hargrove did with little conditioning for two weeks imo would be a likely lead up to leg cramps.  i am betting he is fine. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i think he had a hamstring cramp.   i sit very close to that basket and watched to two trainers as they worked on him.  no look of panic and massage of that hamstring was all they worked on.   my guess is hargrove was one of the players that didnt practice much the last two weeks.   to go out and play hard as hargrove did with little conditioning for two weeks imo would be a likely lead up to leg cramps.  i am betting he is fine. 

that was my take as well...

-good to get a win

-Yuri was really good and clearly we needed that play from him, he played 37 minutes, I'll take the arrows as I think that is too much

-JNezz somehow gets the ball to the rim from some nearly impossible places, I am a big fan of his

-I wonder if Markhi set a SLU record for least amount of time from a starter who didn't get hurt?

-we played 10 guys and won the game, I wonder if the rotation will stay broad? I have my hunch

-seeing Linssen limping was not good but getting everyone on the squad, except perhaps the team doctor, cleared from the virus is great, hope we are done with that

-after hearing CFord say on the postgame (I wish those were available to hear after the fact) that he doubts if LaSalle will be coming to town I figured by this morning the A10 would have announced a schedule change, not so much

NH likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

He came back in, so I’m guessing cramp. More concerned about Linssen’s ankle. Although, I thought Traore played well. 

My concern about Traore is that he often let his man unguarded once the man got out on the perimeter.  Golden hit at least 2 3pointers when he was wide open.  I get that he is a freshman but if he is going to play that loose then his man will burn him often.  Today many big men can pop from the outside from time to time.  Sure the coaching staff can teach him and hopefully that will happen.  From what I saw he was OK but not ready to play big minutes just yet.

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

My concern about Traore is that he often let his man unguarded once the man got out on the perimeter.  Golden hit at least 2 3pointers when he was wide open.  I get that he is a freshman but if he is going to play that loose then his man will burn him often.  Today many big men can pop from the outside from time to time.  Sure the coaching staff can teach him and hopefully that will happen.  From what I saw he was OK but not ready to play big minutes just yet.

from this point on we won’t see a big who can hit that shot like GG. Esp until linssen comes back 

bauman and billiken_roy like this

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Thanks. That is what I saw but the shaky leg thing was crazy looking 🤓

34 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

With Traore guarding Golden, it seems to me that was a pick your poison. At this point I don’t want Traore venturing too far out, especially with a player like Golden. 

59 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I think Golden only hit one? If it happens one time in a game, I don't think it is anything to get too worked up about

almaman likes this

46 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I think Golden only hit one? If it happens one time in a game, I don't think it is anything to get too worked up about

Well you are right he hit one - Perhaps the other guy he was covering hit one also.  I am pretty sure their big guys hit at least 2.  I get your point but I just prefer not giving anybody a wide open 3.

9 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well you are right he hit one - Perhaps the other guy he was covering hit one also.  I am pretty sure their big guys hit at least 2.  I get your point but I just prefer not giving anybody a wide open 3.

Yeah, Grace is a good shooter. I'm with you

41 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I get your point but I just prefer not giving anybody a wide open 3.

Agreed.  My thing is I'm ok if that was the worst thing our 3rd string frosh did in his like 3rd game.