Lunardi Bracketology 12/24

Taj79

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2022-march-madness-men-field  

So Joey Joe has updated his 2021 listing.  The A10 is a Juan Bid league with Davidson now coming in as the sole rep at an 11 seed.  The Bonnies are listed but in the "Next Four Out" category.  Of the 36 spots available after auto-qualifiers, Joe has given 33 out of those 36 slots to Power 5 + 1 teams.  The only other mid-majors to sneak in are WCC teams BYU as an 8 seed, San Francisco as a 10 seed and St. Mary's as an 11 seed.  Love for the WCC; none for the A10.  Might be justified right now.

If the annual cannibalization routine occurs as expected in the A10, who's to argue?

Although per the NET the WCC would have 4 NCAA teams, like Joe Lunardi is saying (4 Gonzaga, 30 BYU, 33 USF-CA, 43 St. Mary's), in reality I doubt the WCC will get 4.  It will scrape to get 3.  Last year the NCAA gave 2 bids each to a group of traditional multi-bid leagues below the Power 5 + 1.  I think that hurt SLU when Drake of the MVC was gifted the Valley's 2nd bid.

ADDENDUM: I don't respect Joe Lunardi much but since I posted this title, a new bracket has come out dated 12/31.  I guess he is doing a weekly update now that the turn of the new year is upon us.  He had added St. Joe's as the auto qualifier out of the A10 and put Davidson in as the last team picked.  Fuokin' homer.

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don't think we could ask for much better than that from where we sit right now. 

Yep.

I thought Linardi would have given Davidson the lone bid. 

this is very close, but keep seeing VCU ahead of us in every bracketology 

VCU: 9-4 Net 53, Q1 0-3, Q2 2-1, Q3 3-0, Q4 4-0     Worst loss #63 Wagner, best Win @ #82 Vandy

SLU: 9-4  Net 65, Q1 1-3, Q2 1-1, Q2 2-0, Q4 5-0      Worst loss #51 @ Memphis, best win #48 @ Boise state

no sense discussing or expressing displeasure with the rankings until we have a few of the conference games completed, particularly with the more highly thought of conference teams.   at that point we have some kind of reference for comparison imo.