OT: John Madden

Brighton

I saw this and started scrolling through Twitter expecting to see more than a few “Madden sucked” posts or people taking shots at him for some other reason but I couldn’t find one.

It says a lot about someone if you can’t find derogatory comments about them in the cesspool that is Twitter.

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

Besides being a very good HC John was the GOAT of TV football analysts!

I've always been a Cowboy obsessed fan and did not follow Madden until he got into the broadcast booth.  Especially during the Cowboys glory years of the 90's I fell in love with the guy.  He loved lineman and unsung heros like fullback Darryl  "Moose" Johnston. He seemed to joyously love the game the way Earl Austin Jr loves basketball.  The only better broadcaster memory of this Cowboy fan was listening to Howard Cosell turn Cowboy Billy Joe DuPree's name into like a ten syllable word.....

FYI it seems like the NFL is showing a bunch of old games free on you tube.  Recently watched all the Cowboy's superbowls from Tom Landry to Jimmie Johnson and Barry Switzer.......good times.....