College basketball and Covid...a must read

The Wiz

This is a great and comprehensive article on how Covid is affecting and will affect College basketball in the coming months. It also discusses what is being done and what can be done going forward. This is a must read article if you have interest in D1 basketball.

The NCAA has had about 60 games cancelled...the A-10 makes up about 1/3 of those cancellations.  So we (the A-10 and The Bills) are right in the thick of it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/court-report-how-omicron-variant-of-covid-19-could-upend-college-basketball-as-leagues-flip-forfeit-rules/

Thanks for sharing the article on Covid and its potential impact on college hoops. My wife was a nurse her entire career so I listen to her sage advice at all times. Much of her career was as an ER nurse. Happy to say she retired well before Covid. We both feel that Covid in some form will be with us until the end of our lives so we do take all precautions including wearing masks while in public. I really enjoy college sports and Billiken hoops is something I like to watch from the comforts of our FL home. We both think keeping the athletes and fans as safe as possible is a very aspect moving forward with this season.

-some interesting items to me in the article include McGlade’s comment that hopefully with all the precautions in place a program isn’t shutdown “because of a positive” – was it ever established how  many positives we had that caused us not to go to Vegas?

-I was unaware of this “minimum” rule where in the A10 if you have 8 healthy players and one coach you have to play, I guess with the non-con part of the schedule over we now have a metric to follow

-for us, and this might be the biggest factor, how does any of it matter if the City has rules that are more strict?