UMass update

The Wiz

The UMass (our next opponent ) game against NJIT tomorrow has been canceled.  2 key players  Fernandes (leading scorer....34 min/gm) and Weeks Jr (22 min/ gm) are listed on the injury list as questionable (illness)...both missed the last game.  In addition , Walker ( 15 min/gm) is out for the season ...Femur injury  and Garcia (18 min /gm) out indefinitely ...academics.

Stay tuned...

CBFan likes this

45 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The UMass (our next opponent ) game against NJIT tomorrow has been canceled.  2 key players  Fernandes (leading scorer....34 min/gm) and Weeks Jr (22 min/ gm) are listed on the injury list as questionable (illness)...both missed the last game.  In addition , Walker ( 15 min/gm) is out for the season ...Femur injury  and Garcia (18 min /gm) out indefinitely ...academics.

Stay tuned...

Garcia is back from his academic issues

2 hours ago, NH said:

Garcia is back from his academic issues

I noticed that ...He played a record 34 mins on Sunday. When I read the report early Sunday he was still ineligible and then sometime during the day before game time he became eligible. I guess when your team is down 4 players, you can become real smart , real fast.  Probably a big weekend of studying.

Saw former UMASS F Tre Mitchell today played 19 min, had 6 reb, 7 points vs Alabama St.

Also saw Courtney Ramey only played 4 minutes and no stats. His role is diminishing lately maybe a transfer candidate.

On 12/21/2021 at 1:14 PM, The Wiz said:

I noticed that ...He played a record 34 mins on Sunday. When I read the report early Sunday he was still ineligible and then sometime during the day before game time he became eligible. I guess when your team is down 4 players, you can become real smart , real fast.  Probably a big weekend of studying.

Must have taken some Ricky Clemons summer classes.