SLU vs. Drake Las Vegas

JGR6396

1 hour ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

I just don’t get the constant living in fear.  It’s been around for two years now.  We have a pretty good idea of what’s going to happen.

We really don’t have any idea of what’s going to happen. Almost every prediction has been wrong  I agree with the  living in fear get us nowhere . Who’s to say the next 2 years are any different  What’s the next mutation? I think most of us thought this would be over by now . Major shutdown’s hurt a lot of people but are being done. No. I don’t think we know what’s going to happen  . 

bauman, RUBillsFan and CBFan like this

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, willie said:

We really don’t have any idea of what’s going to happen. Almost every prediction has been wrong  I agree with the  living in fear get us nowhere . Who’s to say the next 2 years are any different  What’s the next mutation? I think most of us thought this would be over by now . Major shutdown’s hurt a lot of people but are being done. No. I don’t think we know what’s going to happen  . 

Maybe you and many people are listening to the wrong predictions. If you listen to fear mongers expect to be peddled fear. Listen to everyday folks across the country and most don’t even think about Covid anymore 

15 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Small time school making small time decisions. What an absolute travesty that only harms the student-athletes. If it’s one person isolate them and play on. Such an overreaction. But not surprising since Freddy P is at the helm

Amen. Father Larry would have sent in the tanks. Freddie bends the knee at the clock tower and now to the Vid. You could have seen that one coming, BMB.

7 hours ago, willie said:

Are you trying to be a jerk, Willie??? Sounds like it based on the standards you have for others... right???

HenryB likes this

10 hours ago, dlarry said:

I agree.

The problem is that they are on a campus with vaccinated 18-24 year olds. 
A lot of these people will get it and never know it. So they will continue to go to class and bars and spread it like wild fire.

Are the players tested weekly? 
If so this is going to repeatedly happen because so many in that age group are Asymptomatic or show such mild symptoms they don’t isolate. 
something needs to be figured out besides cancelling games for a single positive test.

i dont get the fear of asymptomatic.   if there are folks without the vaccine or they have conditions that make them more succeptable to getting the virus, why shouldnt they shoulder all the responsibility to avoid the problem?  Why did I get the shots if I have to continue to live in a bubble to save others that arent willing to protect themselves?  

like i said, i got the shots.   I did my part.   but I am totally against mandates and these overzealous conditions ruining my life by making the world so sterile and blah.   I have almost died twice in the last decade (heart attack and cancer) so pardon me if i want to live my life to the fullest NOW.   I have done everything my doctors told me to do to make myself better (lost weight, eat better, exercise, take my meds, see my doctors, etc) but now i am expected to walk around in a mask and not interact with the world.  plus sadly the world is being kept from us (my world is the billikens thus my rant here.)

AGB91, drkelsey55, CBFan and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i dont get the fear of asymptomatic.   if there are folks without the vaccine or they have conditions that make them more succeptable to getting the virus, why shouldnt they shoulder all the responsibility to avoid the problem?  Why did I get the shots if I have to continue to live in a bubble to save others that arent willing to protect themselves?  

like i said, i got the shots.   I did my part.   but I am totally against mandates and these overzealous conditions ruining my life by making the world so sterile and blah.   I have almost died twice in the last decade (heart attack and cancer) so pardon me if i want to live my life to the fullest NOW.   I have done everything my doctors told me to do to make myself better (lost weight, eat better, exercise, take my meds, see my doctors, etc) but now i am expected to walk around in a mask and not interact with the world.  plus sadly the world is being kept from us (my world is the billikens thus my rant here.)

you make some good points Roy...I'm sure our enemies around the world never realized how easy it would be to take this country down....just enter a fear factor and watch our nation collapse....remember the days when we revered an athlete who would play sick or injured to help his team? Now we will cancel a game even if everyone is feeling good...but that's the society we have created...

billiken_roy likes this

10 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

I just don’t get the constant living in fear.  It’s been around for two years now.  We have a pretty good idea of what’s going to happen.

I think the blame the media narrative can be over played, but watching the news last night was something.  No wonder so many people are crippled by fear.  The TV media has obviously decided that fear sells on COVID.  If I was only watching the news on TV and not reading newspapers and actually reading the studies on omicron, I would be scared to death too.  

59 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

you make some good points Roy...I'm sure our enemies around the world never realized how easy it would be to take this country down....just enter a fear factor and watch our nation collapse....remember the days when we revered an athlete who would play sick or injured to help his team? Now we will cancel a game even if everyone is feeling good...but that's the society we have created...

We’ve become Wally Pipp’s when we should be Lou Gerighs.

billiken_roy likes this

As I've said numerous times on this board, I'm pretty set on being overly safe and "trusting the science" especially since Covid has impacted my family directly from my 8 month old son to my 91 year old grandpa. But if pre-vaccine rules are going to be in place in a post-vaccine world, then you are not "trusting the science". Let's hope this is a one game pause and we just get some extra rest before A10 play

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

it is pretty obvious they are going to use this against us until society in whole says "i'm not doing this anymore."   i know there are issues and a chance for problems.   but as big mouth said above, it is an overreaction the politicians and deep state are going to use against us to try to control us as long as they can.  it has to stop.  i know i am sick of it.

MB73 likes this

41 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think the blame the media narrative can be over played, but watching the news last night was something.  No wonder so many people are crippled by fear.  The TV media has obviously decided that fear sells on COVID.  If I was only watching the news on TV and not reading newspapers and actually reading the studies on omicron, I would be scared to death too.  

but the truth is only one person (that i have heard.   we arent blessed with the "daily exaggerated count" by cnn and msnbc any longer.) someone in houston, that has died from this latest version of the virus.   wanna bet more have died from pneumonia and the flu this year than that?  why arent the "authorities"  demanding those shots?  

drkelsey55 and MB73 like this

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

but the truth is only one person (that i have heard.   we arent blessed with the "daily exaggerated count" by cnn and msnbc any longer.) someone in houston, that has died from this latest version of the virus.   wanna bet more have died from pneumonia and the flu this year than that?  why arent the "authorities"  demanding those shots?  

Flu deaths have gone down to practically nothing the last year, who would have thought the covid would cure the flu

jonny karate likes this