SLU vs. Drake Las Vegas

JGR6396

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jonny karate said:

What is protocol? One guy gets covid whole team can't play for a week? What if someone was exposed to someone with covid? Team out for a week for that? Don't all students need to get vaccinated unless there is an exemption?

Omicron don't care (if you are vaxxed)

-of course SLUBillikens.com is a wealth of information, here's the announcement: ST. LOUIS – Wednesday's men's basketball game between Saint Louis and Drake in Las Vegas has been canceled due to COVID-19 protocols, the schools announced today.

SLU returns to action Thursday, Dec. 30, when it takes on Massachusetts in the Atlantic 10 Conference opener in Amherst, Mass.

11 minutes ago, Brighton said:

I expect the entire roster to go on a long pause again. Only this time they no longer have anything to play for. And no, no one cares about the NIT.

Well fortunately you’re wrong. That’s not how it works, it’s not like last year. 

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

For as strict as SLU and St Louis have been on protocols, SLU has lost a tremendous amount of games due to covid over the last 2 years. 

I think we’ve lost so many games BECAUSE we were strict. There is a lot of gray area in these decisions, more than people realize, and slu has taken the strict route every time.

For example, the NFL/NBA/NHL don’t cancel a game just because one player on the team has covid. Not sure why colleges are doing so…

billiken_roy and cgeldmacher like this

1 hour ago, The Valley Sucks said:

What does it matter if someone on our team has Covid? We shouldn't even be testing for it.

1 hour ago, The Valley Sucks said:

What does it matter if someone on our team has Covid? We shouldn't even be testing for it.

The NFL agrees with you...obviously they have had enough of this insanity....I wonder if the individuals who trolled you are being tested weekly for their jobs??

A memo, obtained by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, sent to all 32 teams states that fully vaccinated, asymptomatic individuals will no longer be subject to weekly testing. If a fully vaccinated player or staff member reports symptoms that person will immediately be isolated and tested, and will not be permitted to interact with any player or tiered staff until producing a negative test.

31 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I think we’ve lost so many games BECAUSE we were strict. There is a lot of gray area in these decisions, more than people realize, and slu has taken the strict route every time.

For example, the NFL/NBA/NHL don’t cancel a game just because one player on the team has covid. Not sure why colleges are doing so…

This is correct.  SLU is way to effing strict.  A team like Auburn wont miss a game and chooses to live normally with none of their players being at any risk of anything.  I honestly did not realize SLU was so granola.  SLU officials are just making things up with no logic in sight. 

How about this -  Isolate the person who has symptoms (they better have symptoms).  Test negative the other players and play Drake.  

Who would clutch their pearls and call that reckless?  Feels like we are just dodging Drake.  

If mild Omincron escaping all vaccines doesn't stop all the madness I am afraid nothing will.  

22 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

This is correct.  SLU is way to effing strict.  A team like Auburn wont miss a game and chooses to live normally with none of their players being at any risk of anything.  I honestly did not realize SLU was so granola.  SLU officials are just making things up with no logic in sight. 

How about this -  Isolate the person who has symptoms (they better have symptoms).  Test negative the other players and play Drake.  

Who would clutch their pearls and call that reckless?  Feels like we are just dodging Drake.  

If mild Omincron escaping all vaccines doesn't stop all the madness I am afraid nothing will.  

I agree.

The problem is that they are on a campus with vaccinated 18-24 year olds. 
A lot of these people will get it and never know it. So they will continue to go to class and bars and spread it like wild fire.

Are the players tested weekly? 
If so this is going to repeatedly happen because so many in that age group are Asymptomatic or show such mild symptoms they don’t isolate. 
something needs to be figured out besides cancelling games for a single positive test.

-is it SLU or the City protocols that are driving this? if the City's could SLU say screw you and do what they want? we are not what AB once was but somehow hope we could make such a unilateral decision but doubt even if we had such clout we would use it for this

I have an MS in Biosecurity from SLU, the advisor to Pestello on Covid is Rebman she's the only Professor in the program that gave me a B all other grades were As.  She said my paper on a specific community response to a disaster was "too optimistic."  It was on an Army response to a helicopter crash.   I was in the Army was in combat but I was too optimistic.   So that's who's planning SLU's Covid protocols.  Just anecdotal information.   

My view is that you have to take the most recent science and human nature into account when you plan.   There's good tests now that give results quickly. 

Just sad we're dealing with this again.   

JMM28, SLU_Lax, AGB91 and 2 others like this