Here We Go Again

HoosierPal

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The A10 needs to make some schedule adjustments.  Let any healthy team play any other A10 team they can find.  Let the games and Feb schedule work itself out later on.  If not, there will be few teams playing 18 league games.

I like this idea, trying to reschedule all of these postponed games later is just going to get more difficult with each passing week. 

On 12/30/2021 at 2:37 PM, brianstl said:

Carter Chapley reported it.  

The next time Chapley correctly reports any original information about Billiken basketball will be the first time he provides any such information.

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Props to Carter for attempting to stay in the loop in spite of his present situation.  But the following tweet from Coach Ford directly contradicts the idea of a travel ban:

In Carter’s defense, his travel ban comment was only in reference to the game in Las Vegas.  At that time there was one positive test in the program.

NoCoBillsFan likes this

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Starting to lose interest in SLU basketball at this point.  If we are going to be PCR testing asymptomatic vaccinated players everyday waiting for the magical ‘zero reading’ we might as well just call it.  

How am I watching 5 New Year’s Day bowl games with 100+ players on each field but SLU is still acting like it’s April 2020 ready with the ventilators for the 20 year olds.  Morons 

Best Post of the season. Honestly though it's all of college hoops. Being stupid.  Nobody is missing these high profile bowl games.  Someone for Michigan yesterday had a fever and was on fluids but got out there.  Hoops needs to stop with all the testing.  This is just a cold now...

AGB91 likes this

Starting to lose interest in SLU basketball at this point.  If we are going to be PCR testing asymptomatic vaccinated players everyday waiting for the magical ‘zero reading’ we might as well just call it.  

How am I watching 5 New Year’s Day bowl games with 100+ players on each field but SLU is still acting like it’s April 2020 ready with the ventilators for the 20 year olds.  Morons 

This is right.

Separate note Brighton stays trolling.

Old guy likes this

If we can roll off a couple of games in a row I’ll start to feel better.

As it stands right now I just sit around waiting to hear news of cancellations.

Another cancellation or two and the risk of being invested won’t be worth the reward. 

Billiken Rich likes this

33 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Don't know.  Just like we don't know the exact details of why scores of other games were canceled.  Schools aren't exactly being forthcoming.

Well we have a report that there was some kind of travel ban for the Vegas game and now a poster is saying there wasn’t. So maybe he can share what the actual situation is.

44 minutes ago, brianstl said:

So why didn’t we go to Vegas when we only had one positive?

We  should have gone and leave the player testing (+) behind. I also think that as long as a large number of teams are not testing unless a player is symptomatic we should follow this trend.

4 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Could not agree more.  No symptoms, lace them up.

1 hour ago, Lando Griffin said:

SLU will be shorthanded as it returns to action against Richmond

Stu’s full article is above.  Those are some pretty interesting comments by Ford towards the school and administration.  

This is going to be interesting tomorrow.  In a game which SLU probably needs even though it’s early. 

Not good.