Here We Go Again

HoosierPal

4 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Uh, this isn't the pros.

The fanbase pays the bills. No fanbase, no players of Yuri, Perkins, Nesbitt, and Goodwin and French's caliber.

If the fact that the university won’t tell you how many players have Covid is really the last straw for you buying tickets or watching games…do what you gotta do man.🤣🤣🤣🤣

ARon likes this

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

As far as I can tell, none of schools who are cancelling games have demonstrated the level of transparency you're demanding.  

I haven’t looked at these recent games, but I do know Mizzou has released totals positive test results for players/staff for both their football and basketball teams.

17 minutes ago, NH said:

But do we even know if that's a thing? Or that only one individual tested positive? All I've been saying is that I have no clue what the circumstances are, and I've yet to see anything posted, quoted, reported, e-mailed, etc. that can clarify what the circumstances are. 

Carter reported it was one positive for the Drake game and a travel ban after that positive was why the game was canceled.  SLU’s COVID dashboard backs Carter’s claim that it was only one player because only one university student tested positive between the Auburn game and the Drake game being canceled.

11 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

If the fact that the university won’t tell you how many players have Covid is really the last straw for you buying tickets or watching games…do what you gotta do man.🤣🤣🤣🤣

In the last hour you have encouraged one poster to not post here anymore and one to not go to games

Littlebill likes this

Just now, slusam said:

In the last hour you have encouraged one poster to not post here anymore and one to not go to games

You mean the poster who has complained about how much this board sucks more than once, and the other that’s an obvious troll who only ever posts the most unrealistically negative BS? Good riddance.

18 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Will do. Any board with you and NH on it is not worth my time.

What did I do to you? I didn't criticize anyone, or call anyone names, or even tell anyone they were wrong. I just think it's hard know who is responsible for these COVID-related decisions because we're not privy to the details. I did not realize that would be so offensive.

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Didn’t every returning player have it last season?

Not sure if every player got it. Only a few spoke about it. I would assume it was if not everyone very close.

So are players getting it twice???

🤪🤪🤪🤪

50 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I haven’t looked at these recent games, but I do know Mizzou has released totals positive test results for players/staff for both their football and basketball teams.

Sincere question, why does it matter if there are 1, 3, or 5 players on the list?  I certainly don't need to know.  If the game is on, it is on.  If the game is off, it is off.  

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Sincere question, why does it matter if there are 1, 3, or 5 players on the list?  I certainly don't need to know.  If the game is on, it is on.  If the game is off, it is off.  

Multiple reason why it matters to me. I want to know if the games are being canceled because of a high case count or because of other reasons as was the case with the Drake game.  If it is for other reasons, that is something that can be addressed with protocol adjustments going forward. If half the team has omicron, a repeat of this later in the season is something we most likely would not have to worry about.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Not sure if every player got it. Only a few spoke about it. I would assume it was if not everyone very close.

So are players getting it twice???

🤪🤪🤪🤪

Omicron DGAF if you’ve had COVID before.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

Multiple reason why it matters to me. I want to know if the games are being canceled because of a high case count or because of other reasons as was the case with the Drake game.  If it is for other reasons, that is something that can be addressed with protocol adjustments going forward. If half the team has omicron, a repeat of this later in the season is something we most likely would not have to worry about.

Okay, fair enough.  I hope you sleep well tonight with all of these concerns. 

According to ESPN, 13 basketball games were played tonight, 16 were postponed.  Lots to worry about there.

Old guy likes this

37 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

This is such an L man. This isn't your board to gatekeep

They complained about how much this board sucks more than once. If you hate it so much, stop coming here. Go back and look at the posts. Other posters have told people to F off on this board for a lot less than that. But it’s whatever. If you wanna make me the A-Hole, I really couldn’t care less anymore.

17 hours ago, brianstl said:

Carter reported it was one positive for the Drake game and a travel ban after that positive was why the game was canceled.  SLU’s COVID dashboard backs Carter’s claim that it was only one player because only one university student tested positive between the Auburn game and the Drake game being canceled.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Carter/Stu reported "at least one positive" for the Drake cancellation 

40 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I "hid" the China related posts to try to keep discussion more basketball focused.

this whole string is pretty stupid steve.  imo, close the whole thing.  nobody knows anything definitive and everything is pretty speculative and depressing.