Here We Go Again

HoosierPal

6 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-we were told the entire "traveling party" was vaccinated. If this is reality and one member of said "party" tests positive I wish I knew what and whose  "protocol" prohibits the rest of the group from taking a charter flight to Amherst Mass to play a basketball game

Don't try to make sense of something that doesn't make any sense. 

thatskablamo and JohnnyJumpUp like this

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NH said:

With all due respect I don't think you have any basis for saying this. There is not a city policy that is going to cause a game in Amherst, Massachusetts to not be played. It has been reported that the A10 is going with the seven and one rule, meaning that if you have 7 players and 1 coach who are available, you are expected to play the game. If SLU or the city are holding the team to a harsher standard than the A10's rules, SLU will forfeit (which is clearly not what has happened here).  

I understand people want to be able to blame someone, but this stuff is happening all over the country. There is simply no reason to believe that SLU is holding its teams to a harsher standard than most other schools are being held to.

I agree with you. No one is answering your question.  Probably because no one knows but simply want to blame someone, anyone. 

I want to know the specific, current  SLU policy and how it compares to the other A10 schools who have also had to postpone games.  Posters are making a lot of assumptions with no backup. 

RUBillsFan and Reinert310 like this

It's kind of funny that MBMs are complaining that SLU protocols are to blame when almost 1/2 the A10 and numerous other schools have cancelled or postponed games within the last 2 weeks.

I have no insider knowledge here.  However, given the mess of cancellations / postponements across the rest of college basketball, the NBA, and NHL, I feel pretty confident saying this isn't a SLU issue.

33 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I agree with you. No one is answering your question.  Probably because no one knows but simply want to blame someone, anyone. 

I want to know the specific, current  SLU policy and how it compares to the other A10 schools who have also had to postpone games.  Posters are making a lot of assumptions with no backup. 

The specific SLU policies can all be found in links in the link I posted earlier.  My statements are based on the policies SLU has posted.  If SLU is following some other unpublished policy for the basketball team, any wrong assumptions being made are on SLU. Be transparent and SLU won’t have any issues.

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The specific SLU policies can all be found in links in the link I posted earlier.  My statements are based on the policies SLU has posted.  If SLU is following some other unpublished policy for the basketball team, any wrong assumptions being made are on SLU. Be transparent and SLU won’t have any issues.

Which of the 14 address this situation? 

How does the most recent, current, or whatever we are following, policy differ from those of the other A10 schools that have postponed games? 

We have had 5 players available for practice this past week.  Not sure why you are blaming the university for this.

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

There are no issues. SLU’s policies are fine. The guys aren’t ready to go. Everybody needs to F-ing chill!

SLU_Lax likes this

Just now, slufan13 said:

Thou must not criticize Yuri Collins

Thou must not criticize the SLU covid policies 

Got it. This board sucks

Then stop coming here. Problem solved.

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Thou must not criticize Yuri Collins

Thou must not criticize the SLU covid policies 

Got it. This board sucks

Which SLU COVID policies would you like to criticize?

Just now, NH said:

Which SLU COVID policies would you like to criticize?

Especially when SLU’s Covid policy has nothing to do with the game being postponed on Thursday. Ford said the guys aren’t ready to go. There’s not a whole lot of room for interpretation there.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

What protocol from the city is causing the issues?  SLU's posted protocols say if you are vaccinated you don't have to quarantine if exposed to someone who tests positive.  The city currently doesn't have any emergency orders in place that are more strict than the policy posted on SLU's website.

I’m just quotin’ from what I am told.

13 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

There are no issues. SLU’s policies are fine. The guys aren’t ready to go. Everybody needs to F-ing chill!

If the policies are fine, just come out and say X number of players and staff members tested positive in the last ten days.  Be transparent and don’t play stupid games when answering the beat writer’s question.  

Jesus Christ, transparency isn’t a hard thing to do.  The University itself publishes the total number of positive test for students and staff. 

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If the policies are fine, just come out and say X number of players and staff members tested positive in the last ten days.  Be transparent and don’t play stupid games when answering the beat writer’s question.  

Jesus Christ, transparency isn’t a hard thing to do.  The University itself publishes the total number of positive test for students and staff. 

As far as I can tell, none of the schools who are cancelling games have demonstrated the level of transparency you're demanding.  

Reinert310 likes this

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Why? They don’t owe you or anyone else anything. If you really think the university cancelled these games on a whim for $h!ts and giggles, I really don’t know what to tell you.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The travel ban that applies to the basketball team but not other students when one person in a group tests positive like what happened with the Drake game.

But do we even know if that's a thing? Or that only one individual tested positive? All I've been saying is that I have no clue what the circumstances are, and I've yet to see anything posted, quoted, reported, e-mailed, etc. that can clarify what the circumstances are. 

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Is there anywhere that says Ford has to be truthful in interviews about his players health? 

What reason does he have to lie? Like honestly, what would be the motivation there?

7 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Why? They don’t owe you or anyone else anything. If you really think the university cancelled these games on a whim for $h!ts and giggles, I really don’t know what to tell you.

Uh, this isn't the pros.

The fanbase pays the bills. No fanbase, no players of Yuri, Perkins, Nesbitt, and Goodwin and French's caliber.

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Buy his team more time out of quarantine.

And you don’t think the A10 or UMass might check that? Is this really the point we’ve gotten to now? Everyone is lying about everything?