Here We Go Again

HoosierPal

2 hours ago, NH said:

I think we can all probably agree that we don’t want to be tested everyday, especially if we’re vaccinated, and I’d bet that the players feel similarly. I’m no expect on this but my understanding from talking to some people in the field is that it’s more to do with setting collective bargaining precedent than it is to protect the specific demands of the current players.

When are you going to realize that having the vaccination isn’t going to keep you from getting Covid? 80% of those who are contracting the Omicron variant have been vaccinated. That’s why this vaccine mandate is ridiculous and completely worthless.

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20211213/what-the-cdc-report-says-about-the-first-omicron-cases-in-the-us

billiken_roy, Old guy and AGB91 like this

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

When are you going to realize that having the vaccination isn’t going to keep you from getting Covid? 80% of those who are contracting the Omicron variant have been vaccinated. That’s why this vaccine mandate is ridiculous and completely worthless.

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20211213/what-the-cdc-report-says-about-the-first-omicron-cases-in-the-us

Please do not hijack this thread.  There is nothing you can say that hasn't already been said.  There is no one who will change their mind over what you post.  All you will accomplish is getting another thread locked.  Please don't. 

This goes to all of the MBM's who desire to express their opinons on Covid.   Please take it elsewhere.  The Post Dispatch has forums no one locks. 

There are basketball games being canceled left and right.  Let's keep this thread about basketball.

Old guy likes this

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

From the article you linked:

• The 80% (actually 79%) is based on the first 43 confirmed Omicron infections.  I'm not a statistician, but I have to believe 43 cases isn't enough to be statistically significant.
  • Only 1 of the 43 was hospitalized.  Article doesn't say if the 1 was vaxxed or not, but I'd say that points to the vaccine working in preventing serious illness.  Again likely not a representative sample though.

49 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Please do not hijack this thread.  There is nothing you can say that hasn't already been said.  There is no one who will change their mind over what you post.  All you will accomplish is getting another thread locked.  Please don't. 

This goes to all of the MBM's who desire to express their opinons on Covid.   Please take it elsewhere.  The Post Dispatch has forums no one locks. 

There are basketball games being canceled left and right.  Let's keep this thread about basketball.

How can I hijack a thread when I commented on something YOU POSTED???? if you don’t want Covid discussion, THEN DON’T BRING IT UP!

24 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

• The 80% (actually 79%) is based on the first 43 confirmed Omicron infections.  I'm not a statistician, but I have to believe 43 cases isn't enough to be statistically significant.
  • Only 1 of the 43 was hospitalized.  Article doesn't say if the 1 was vaxxed or not, but I'd say that points to the vaccine working in preventing serious illness.  Again likely not a representative sample though.

And the NFL has record reported Covid cases from a league that is 95% vaccinated.... I guess that is a statistical anomaly as well...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8897847002

MB73 likes this

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Please lock this thread

I don’t want it locked but I don’t want all the back and fourth nonsense.

I would like this thread to be a Covid cancellation thread.

Somewhere I can go to see what games are canceled and how it impacts the Bills.

Anyway that can happen?

Ironbills likes this

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I don’t want it locked but I don’t want all the back and fourth nonsense.

I would like this thread to be a Covid cancellation thread.

Somewhere I can go to see what games are canceled and how it impacts the Bills.

Anyway that can happen?

It would be nice, wouldn't it to actually talk about how this effects Billiken basketball. 

My plea to not highjack the thread didn't stop the selfish MBM's.

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I am not going to argue either way in this thread on this.  I would suggest those that want to inform themselves on this topic to read the Columbia University study.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.14.472719v1.full.pdf

12 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

And the NFL has record reported Covid cases from a league that is 95% vaccinated.... I guess that is a statistical anomaly as well...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8897847002

I love people who troll your every post, but then don’t allow people to PM them back... it says volumes about their character....right Pete????