Auburn

13 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Very early as the game is Saturday, Sagarin has Auburn as a 2 point road favorite. Auburn has an intermediate tuneup at home Tuesday vs. North Alabama. 

NET: Auburn 12, SLU 65.

Sagarin:  Auburn 16, SLU 51.

That line shocks me.  Only a 2-pt dog?  I would have guessed Auburn, minus at least 8.  I'm interested in what the Wiz has for us.

By the way, our loss to Memphis is losing luster daily as they continue to struggle.

22 minutes ago, bauman said:

That line shocks me.  Only a 2-pt dog?  I would have guessed Auburn, minus at least 8.  I'm interested in what the Wiz has for us.

By the way, our loss to Memphis is losing luster daily as they continue to struggle.

they should do  a penny toss  & put bad bad larry brown in head walker seat

Bills By 40 likes this

22 minutes ago, bauman said:

SLU gets Sagarin’s 4 point home court advantage. Auburn’s Sagarin rating is 6.33 better. 

20 minutes ago, bauman said:

Auburn is an A team ... we are an A- team playing at home so it should be close.   I am waiting for the numbers from the Auburn / N Ala game on Tues night. Whether we are favored or not, it is a very winnable game.   How winnable?  If we play like we did against BC minus a couple of TOs ...we win.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Auburn is an A team ... we are an A- team playing at home so it should be close.   I am waiting for the numbers from the Auburn / N Ala game on Tues night. Whether we are favored or not, it is a very winnable game.   How winnable?  If we play like we did against BC minus a couple of TOs ...we win.

I'm glad you feel so positive about the game.  I have thought that it would be our toughest game in our run of 6 difficult OOC games.  Clearly, I don't have your knowledge of this, but I  still will be pleasantly surprised if we stay within 8-10 of them, and blown away if we can pull off a win.  We need to make sure the flu bug is long gone.

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

I'm glad you feel so positive about the game.  I have thought that it would be our toughest game in our run of 6 difficult OOC games.  Clearly, I don't have your knowledge of this, but I  still will be pleasantly surprised if we stay within 8-10 of them, and blown away if we can pull off a win.  We need to make sure the flu bug is long gone.

At the beginning of the season , I had this game, in fact,  the next 2 games (Auburn and Drake) as question marks. A question mark at the beginning of the season means even.  Again,  the formula for this game  is simple...play like we did against BC and we win ...play like we did against Belmont and we get blown out.

Bc I keep hearing about how good Auburn is I went and took a peek. 

of the 8 man rotation for both, we have the better 3%, FG% and Rbd margin. 

They have a sizable difference in steals and blocks.

Good news, both their guards that would likely face Yuri or small.  Im still worried about how Yuri plays against long lengthy guards. 

Jabari Smith is an animal. He'll likely be the best player we play all year, top 3 NBA draft pick.  6'10 averages 17/7 shoots 44% from 3.

38 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

+a million for the Jim Croce reference

Skimming through the website while waiting for my wife in a parking lot, I saw the thread title "Auburn' and then your post Bills by 40, and I wondered who the heck was loopy.  Bills by 40 over Auburn?

Then I adjusted by bifocals.

Reinert310 likes this

From the couple games I've watch I am a fan of Auburn's team this year. Jabari Smith is really fun to watch. I'm guessing we have Hargrove try to guard him to start but wouldn't be surprised if we had to go to a zone or 2-big lineup at some point. Wendell Green, KD Johnson and Zep Jasper are all smaller, but very explosive guards that can score in bunches. If they get hot, so be it, but I would rather make them beat us than allow Smith and Walker Kessler to get buckets inside.

One of Auburn's best players, Allen Flanigan, is out with an achilles injury and probably won't be back until SEC play. If he comes back fully healthy I could see Auburn as a potential dark horse final four team. Will be a great win on our resume come March.

Auburn likes to get out and run. I am hoping for a fun up-and-down game.

27 minutes ago, NH said:

From the couple games I've watch I am a fan of Auburn's team this year. Jabari Smith is really fun to watch. I'm guessing we have Hargrove try to guard him to start but wouldn't be surprised if we had to go to a zone or 2-big lineup at some point. Wendell Green, KD Johnson and Zep Jasper are all smaller, but very explosive guards that can score in bunches. If they get hot, so be it, but I would rather make them beat us than allow Smith and Walker Kessler to get buckets inside.

One of Auburn's best players, Allen Flanigan, is out with an achilles injury and probably won't be back until SEC play. If he comes back fully healthy I could see Auburn as a potential dark horse final four team. Will be a great win on our resume come March.

Auburn likes to get out and run. I am hoping for a fun up-and-down game.

I think either of our bigs guarding Smith for any period of time is a recipe for disaster. I'm worried enough about them trying to defend Kessler

Bills By 40 and RUBillsFan like this

37 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nesbitt is really going to have to lock in mentally. I think sometimes he loses the plot for a split second transitioning from offense to defense.

Don't disagree with that but he's most definitely the best man for the job. Size + athletic ability and he's not a big foul/turnover liability. TJ is second best option for the same reasons minus 2 inches. 

Nesbitt with a big block on Jabari would have all of Midtown rockin 

7 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Just wanted to point out that Auburn is now ranked #13. The last two times we’ve played a ranked team at home, they were ranked #13 (Seton Hall and Dayton, 2019-20). Third times a charm?

They are going to be so pissed when we knock them out of the top 25.......