GDT: vs Boston College

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the first half wasn’t so great, we would have collapsed in the 2nd half for 3 straight losses.  Glad it’s a win, but still not something to celebrate.

other than yuri. Hell of a night 

The second half was different, BC came alive and gave us a hard time. We won this one by 11, still double the Vegas line but nowhere close the 20 point lead we had in the second period. A win is a win and this was a significant win for us, well done guys. Now onto the next one.

With all the Collins talk, and rightfully so, it’s easy to miss that Okoro had his best game as a Bill. 17 points on 7/8 shooting, 6 boards and 3 blocks.

He finally made the bunnies he was missing earlier in the year. 
I think he is starting to get his basketball legs back. Each game he plays he’s going to get stronger and his timing is going to get better. 

He’s going to be a beast!

Rammer and Earl were giddy describing Yuri's no look pass between his legs behind him to Jimerson who drains the 3 
Please if one of you has the ability and opportunity to post the short clip of that, it sounds like Yuri's record game summed up in one play. 

43 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If the first half wasn’t so great, we would have collapsed in the 2nd half for 3 straight losses.  Glad it’s a win, but still not something to celebrate.

other than yuri. Hell of a night 

They scored more points in the second half than the first, that did not happen the last 2 losses.

This was a great win and the wife and I are celebrating in the local bar and grill.

Yuri was not the only player to play well.

JettFlight5 and Old guy like this

@larry72 ---- thanks for asking!  The Joeys/Temple game was brutal.  Temple has really fallen on hard times.  Folks are calling for them to be #16 and come back to the A10.  Right now, they are a middling program at best.  Jordan Hall seems to want to pad his statistics as he likely goes pro next year.  Again, he's no point guard.  Temple is just bad.  Another bad game was La Salle hosting Penn.  And another was Duquesne eking out a last second shot and two point win over New Hampshire.  Bonaventure ran pout of gas against Uconn; Adaway and Holmes played all 40 and Welch had 39.  Another stellar two points from Schmidt's bench.  

In other news, Notre Dame beat Kentucky by two.  This is the same team Boston College ran roughshod over.

Kudos to Collins for setting the new school one game assist record with 19.  I still think we have problems closing games.  In this one, we were up 23 and they closed to 8 down the stretch.  So we had double the lead we had over Belmont and UAB and it still got close.  At the end, we quit attacking.  Maybe there is a book that says this is what you should do when up by 23 or so.  But the strategy killed our mojo and with four or five empty trips coupled with phantom defense and foul calls on our end, that lead shrunk considerably.  It never became nervous time but I think it demonstrates quite clearly where the issue lies.  You can't coast, you have to keep pressing and with this team and Collins, running.  Free the Bills.  Let the horses run.  If Collins run, we have Jimerson, Nesbitt and Hargrove more open for uncontested threes.  We outscored them 33 to 9 from three.  At one point, it was 33 to 3!!!!  And that was when it counted.  BC's two threes came late when it was all over but the shouting.  The other part of the strategy was in full view as well ---- beat the snot out Collins.  The Langford boys were keen on trying to do that.  The one kid fouled out; yet the other had zero fouls.  

We played well and balanced.  Four guys in double figures and Hargrove one point shy of that.  Too bad his three wasn't a second sooner.  For as bad as they seemed and for the lead we attained, they still had less turnovers, less fouls, more rebounds, and more offensive rebounds than us.   It begs to the question how did we win?  I'm thinking the WIz will say 11 to 3 in the three point area.

Take a week off, Auburn will be tough.

By the way, announcers said Jimerson's black eye was courtesy of an Okoro wayward elbow in practice.

Old guy likes this

It was a great night at Chaifetz.

One young lady won 200 dollars making 3 shots, Yuri’s assist record, Nesbitt hitting some 3’s, Jimerson being Jimerson, and Okoro scored a lot and blocked shots.

My wife spoke with Mrs. Hargrove tonight and told Mrs Hargrove what big fans of her son we are.

We got to see a nice win and cheer our team off the court walking through the tunnel.  Jordan Nesbitt acknowledged my wife and I cheering him.