Vaccine Requirement at Chaifetz

STLHoopsFan

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m sure you’ve made due and figured out how to communicate despite the thin piece of fabric hanging on your face. Imagine not having a husband or wife or father or mother, how much more that would change your life than wearing a mask has. 

So where do you draw the line? Almost everything in life has a degree of risk. Are you advocating all of those things  in life be eliminated? Should I present you a list of everyday activities that have the potential to lead to injury, sickness, or death...or do you concede the point? Logic does not support your argument. Covid has proven to be the ideal weapon of exploitation to achieve an ideological agenda. It is stunning that so many are so willing to surrender the liberty that cost so much to win.

54 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Polio vaccines have been a requirement for kids to get into schools for years. That’s the thing. This really isn’t new. A person who works in food service can’t work without getting their Hepatitis shots. A welder can’t work without a Tetanus shot. Vaccine requirements aren’t a new thing. They’ve actually been around for a long, long time.

I get that and they work.  But Covid is a little different.  A person that is vaccinated can still contract snd pass Covid.  Is it the same for these others?  I understand that if your vaccinated and get Covid it most likely isn’t going to cause you a lot of issues.  I’m vaccinated so I don’t have to wear a mask at work.  But since I’m vaccinated I shouldn’t have to worry about those that are unvaccinated correct?   That’s why I don’t agree with the jab mandates.  If you don’t get it get sick and die that was your choice.  If my vaccination works I shouldn’t have to worry about weather or not you are.

2 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Like 05 said, if you're having vaccine mandates then the mask policy has to go. You just can't have both. 

I understand the mask policy isn't enforced as is but to even ask people to put it on to enter, immediately after asking them to prove they've been vaccinated against the disease the mask isn't actually protecting you from in the first place, is implying that neither actually work anyways and it's all theatre. 

Why stop at Covid vaccinations? Let's check for all vaccines at the door. I'd rather know someone is vaccinated against Polio than Covid. Or do we just not care about that because it isn't timely and trendy? 

I know you are trying to make a point but your Polio example is just stupid. There were 2 cases of polio in the world last year. 

19 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m sure you’ve made due and figured out how to communicate despite the thin piece of fabric hanging on your face. Imagine not having a husband or wife or father or mother, how much more that would change your life than wearing a mask has. 

I have begun to think uncharitably about people making light of the struggle to communicate while wearing a mask.  If you worked in a customer facing position dealing with many non-native english speakers all day, you'd think differently about your paper or cloth muzzle.  It doesn't help if you might be a little hard of hearing let me tell you.  My parents died just before covid.  My wife's parents  are vaxxed and boosted as am I.  My kids are vaxxed but not yet boosted.  This mask I'm wearing isn't doing a damn good thing nor is the plexiglass in front of me.      

This thread is going just as I thought it would. Y'all are really something. While I'm as sick of this pandemic as anyone, I'll gladly show my vaccine card and wear a mask for the privilege of watching my beloved Billikens in-person. Yes, the policies are probably a bit of theater, but at the end of the day, I'm fine with complying and hope the measures do add some provided safety for everyone. But that's just me. 

1 minute ago, Slowry said:

I get that and they work.  But Covid is a little different.  A person that is vaccinated can still contract snd pass Covid.  Is it the same for these others?  I understand that if your vaccinated and get Covid it most likely isn’t going to cause you a lot of issues.  I’m vaccinated so I don’t have to wear a mask at work.  But since I’m vaccinated I shouldn’t have to worry about those that are unvaccinated correct?   That’s why I don’t agree with the jab mandates.  If you don’t get it get sick and die that was your choice.  If my vaccination works I shouldn’t have to worry about weather or not you are.

That is still your choice. No one has taken that choice from you. But certain establishments may not allow you to enter their private property without being vaccinated. That is their right. Just like it’s a baker’s right to refuse service to a gay couple looking to buy a wedding cake. There’s a huge difference between the federal government saying, “if you don’t get vaccinated, we’ll prosecute you.” and private institutions saying “you can’t come to our basketball game if you’re not vaccinated.” You do understand that, right?

Just now, BrockL said:

This thread is going just as I thought it would. Y'all are really something. While I'm as sick of this pandemic as anyone, I'll gladly show my vaccine card and wear a mask for the privilege of watching my beloved Billikens in-person. Yes, the policies are probably a bit of theater, but at the end of the day, I'm fine with complying and hope the measures do add some provided safety for everyone. But that's just me. 

BAAAAAAA!   BAAAAAAAA!  BAAAAAAA! go the sheople

Just kidding......

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

That is still your choice. No one has taken that choice from you. But certain establishments may not allow you to enter their private property without being vaccinated. That is their right. Just like it’s a baker’s right to refuse service to a gay couple looking to buy a wedding cake. There’s a huge difference between the federal government saying, “if you don’t get vaccinated, we’ll prosecute you.” and private institutions saying “you can’t come to our basketball game if you’re not vaccinated.” You do understand that, right?

This liberal nonsense should of been done at the start of the year or not at all. Doing it now is the major problem! Ill just show my fake test and hope I have it, then I can spread it to some lib and they can have a cold for a week. 

7 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I have begun to think uncharitably about people making light of the struggle to communicate while wearing a mask.  If you worked in a customer facing position dealing with many non-native english speakers all day, you'd think differently about your paper or cloth muzzle.  It doesn't help if you might be a little hard of hearing let me tell you.  My parents died just before covid.  My wife's parents  are vaxxed and boosted as am I.  My kids are vaxxed but not yet boosted.  This mask I'm wearing isn't doing a damn good thing nor is the plexiglass in front of me.      

A mask is a mild inconvenience. Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

This liberal nonsense should of been done at the start of the year or not at all. Doing it now is the major problem! Ill just show my fake test and hope I have it, then I can spread it to some lib and they can have a cold for a week. 

You’re a bad person.

4 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

a lot to unpack here 

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Polio vaccines have been a requirement for kids to get into schools for years. That’s the thing. This really isn’t new. A person who works in food service can’t work without getting their Hepatitis shots. A welder can’t work without a Tetanus shot. Vaccine requirements aren’t a new thing. They’ve actually been around for a long, long time.

uh, the polio vaccine actually works......if you thought the Covid vaccine actually worked, you wouldn't give a damn if someone else didn't have it.....make sure you keep up with your boosters....hearing   that it may be every two months in the future...but you will be the first in line, right?????

4 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

A mask is a mild inconvenience. Nothing more.

I tend to be in the minority on this, but boy I flipping hate wearing it.  Like I wont go places just bc I hate having it on. Which to me, its either show proof - and don't have to wear a mask, or vice versa, but not both.

Slowry likes this

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

uh, the polio vaccine actually works......if you thought the Covid vaccine actually worked, you wouldn't give a damn if someone else didn't have it.....make sure you keep up with your boosters....hearing   that it may be every two months in the future...but you will be the first in line, right?????

1st it was that the vaccine was “experimental”. Then it was “rushed”. Now you’re claiming that it doesn’t work. I mean, how many times are you gonna move the goal posts, big dog?

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I tend to be in the minority on this, but boy I flipping hate wearing it.  Like I wont go places just bc I hate having it on. Which to me, its either show proof - and don't have to wear a mask, or vice versa, but not both.

I hate wearing a mask too. But people acting like they can’t do their jobs if they’re wearing a mask are just lying. Sure, it sucks to wear a mask. And I agree if they move to vaccine/negative test, you shouldn’t have to wear masks at the game. But let’s be real here.

19 minutes ago, Slowry said:

great post. 

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

I hate wearing a mask too. But people acting like they can’t do their jobs if they’re wearing a mask are just lying. Sure, it sucks to wear a mask. And I agree if they move to vaccine/negative test, you shouldn’t have to wear masks at the game. But let’s be real here.

I agree, was just responding to the mild inconvenience part 

3 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

1st it was that the vaccine was “experimental”. Then it was “rushed”. Now you’re claiming that it doesn’t work. I mean, how many times are you gonna move the goal posts, big dog?

how is that moving the goal posts, nitwit????????? those statements actually support one another...don't you tire of making a fool of yourself????

18 minutes ago, willie said:

I know you are trying to make a point but your Polio example is just stupid. There were 2 cases of polio in the world last year. 

and in the month since they discovered this latest varient no one has died from it.  

57 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

so the school folks, food service workers and welders all carry their vaccine proof with them?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  Employers in those industries absolutely verify proof of vaccination before you can start working & schools absolutely verify proof of vaccination for kids before your kid can attend school.  I worked as a dishwasher in my younger days and had to get a Hep A shot before I could start.  I had to send my kid's vaccine record to their school before they could start kindergarten.

The difference is that schools, restaurants, welders, etc. are able to specifically ID those students/employees and don't need to see proof again once they've verified.  SLU can't get specifically ID everyone going into Chaifetz arena such that they only need to see the proof of vaccination once.  It's much easier to just have everyone show it each time they enter. 

FWIW there is a company called "Clear" that you can subscribe to & download an app on your phone that will verify your vax status, criminal history, etc. so that it's much easier to get into & out of stadiums, arenas, airports, etc. that have a partnership with "Clear".  As far as I know Chaifetz does not have a partnership with "Clear".  If they did, you wouldn't have to show your vax card every time & could largely bypass security by just showing them the app on your phone that scans your fingerprint to verify you are good to go.

14 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

You gotta be a lonely mf lol

Littlebill likes this

4 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

i cannot effectively do my job wearing the mask.