Vaccine Requirement at Chaifetz

STLHoopsFan

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

Like 05 said, if you're having vaccine mandates then the mask policy has to go. You just can't have both. 

I understand the mask policy isn't enforced as is but to even ask people to put it on to enter, immediately after asking them to prove they've been vaccinated against the disease the mask isn't actually protecting you from in the first place, is implying that neither actually work anyways and it's all theatre. 

Why stop at Covid vaccinations? Let's check for all vaccines at the door. I'd rather know someone is vaccinated against Polio than Covid. Or do we just not care about that because it isn't timely and trendy? 

Polio vaccines have been a requirement for kids to get into schools for years. That’s the thing. This really isn’t new. A person who works in food service can’t work without getting their Hepatitis shots. A welder can’t work without a Tetanus shot. Vaccine requirements aren’t a new thing. They’ve actually been around for a long, long time.

Ironbills and RUBillsFan like this

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

Like 05 said, if you're having vaccine mandates then the mask policy has to go. You just can't have both. 

Enterprise Center (Blues) has both a vaccine or negative test requirement and a mask policy (I understand masking isn't really enforced at Blues games, but it's still the official policy).  Other large indoor public spaces within the City of St. Louis like The Fox, Powell Hall & Stifel Theatre also have both.  I understand some people don't agree with it, but I don't understand why people expect SLU to be doing something different.  It was really surprising that they didn't go along with everyone else from the start / not that they're reverting back.

18 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well your objection seems a bit picky at least in my opinion.  They could have also said ingrown toenails are a problem at the school and it would not have changed the overall reason but whatever.

I disagree. The verbiage is extremely important and should be picked apart. Messaging is CRUCIAL and including the flu is a good way to increase concern that organizations want to extend covid health restrictions to things non-covid related.

dennis_w likes this

18 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It doesn't matter why they tacked it on. It shouldn't have been tacked on to a release about vaccination requirement for Covid19. If you want to tack it on to a mask requirement, I don't like it but at least I understand the motive.

they probably tacked it on because govt is already looking for alternative ways to keep this nonsense going.   they are desparate to get this status quo to next november.   come on man, how are dead people going to vote if they have to appear in person?  gotta keep that mail in balloting with no expiration date on the vote rec'd alive.  

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I disagree. The verbiage is extremely important and should be picked apart. Messaging is CRUCIAL and including the flu is a good way to increase concern that organizations want to extend covid health restrictions to things non-covid related.

+1000

12 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

If mask are important, why allow them to be removed while eating and drinking? is there some kind of profit motive involved in selling $8 beers and $6 hot dogs? surely folks can go without eating for a couple of hours. Why do they care about health on december 18th but not on december 11th?

i've decided i am going to play along with the nazi ID papers and the mask.   however i will eat and drink very slowly.  i estimate it will  probably take me 2 hours to finish my beer and nachos.  

13 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Enterprise Center (Blues) has both a vaccine or negative test requirement and a mask policy (I understand masking isn't really enforced at Blues games, but it's still the official policy).  Other large indoor public spaces within the City of St. Louis like The Fox, Powell Hall & Stifel Theatre also have both.  I understand some people don't agree with it, but I don't understand why people expect SLU to be doing something different.  It was really surprising that they didn't go along with everyone else from the start / not that they're reverting back.

RU, myself, i am not arguing vs slu, i am arguing vs the politicians imposing the mandates.  i agree slu is doing what they have to do to stay out of trouble.  i dont expect slu to stand up to the mayor or our wonderful president.  

15 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Polio vaccines have been a requirement for kids to get into schools for years. That’s the thing. This really isn’t new. A person who works in food service can’t work without getting their Hepatitis shots. A welder can’t work without a Tetanus shot. Vaccine requirements aren’t a new thing. They’ve actually been around for a long, long time.

so the school folks, food service workers and welders all carry their vaccine proof with them?

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

i've decided i am going to play along with the nazi ID papers and the mask.   however i will eat and drink very slowly.  i estimate it will  probably take me 2 hours to finish my beer and nachos.  

C’mon Roy. I really like you as a poster, but can we hold off on the hyperbole comparing someone making you show a piece of paper to get into a college basketball game to a government throwing millions of people into work camps and gas chambers? 

RUBillsFan likes this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

I intend to sneak in my own snacks that I will promptly begin eating as soon as I pass through the security and ticket scanners, and once those are gone I will be joining you in a ~2 hour long soft pretzel and cocktail adventure.

Just now, billiken_roy said:

RU, myself, i am not arguing vs slu, i am arguing vs the politicians imposing the mandates.  i agree slu is doing what they have to do to stay out of trouble.  i dont expect slu to stand up to the mayor or our wonderful president.  

This has been my attitude since day 1. The private sector is entitled to enforce any precautionary measures they wish - just as individuals are entitled to choose not to do business with any of those private sector entities enforcing precautionary measures they don't agree with. 

Centuries of modern human history have warned us that overreaching government mandates lead only to trouble and it takes bloodshed to reverse those tyrannical policies. If SLU or any other private entity wants to enforce it fine, but when the White House tries to mandate nationwide vaccines I'd sooner go to war. 

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

C’mon Roy. I really like you as a poster, but can we hold off on the hyperbole comparing someone making you show a piece of paper to get into a college basketball game to a government throwing millions of people into work camps and gas chambers? 

it did not start with work camps and gas chambers, but it did end up there

billiken_roy likes this

so the school folks, food service workers and welders all carry their vaccine proof with them?

No, but they have to present them when entering a place that requires them. Same as now. How many places, total, in your day to day life, actually require you to present proof of your Covid vaccine? 2? Can we stop pretending this has changed each individuals life on some dramatic way? It hasn’t. It just hasn’t.

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

And can you stop pretending the parallels don't exist? Because they do. We aren't in a Nazi Germany position yet, but we are undeniably trending in that direction. 

No, but they have to present them when entering a place that requires them. Same as now. How many places, total, in your day to day life, actually require you to present proof of your Covid vaccine? 2? Can we stop pretending this has changed each individuals life on some dramatic way? It hasn’t. It just hasn’t.

It all starts somewhere Reinert. 

Just now, Bills By 40 said:

It all starts somewhere Reinert. 

So you’re agreeing with me? Nobody’s life has dramatically changed from any of this. Got it

So you’re agreeing with me? Nobody’s life has dramatically changed from any of this. Got it

When you say dramatically, I agree. So long as you agree that it's trending in the direction of dramatically. It may or may not ever get there, but I'm going to do what I can to ensure it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Bills By 40 said:

When you say dramatically, I agree. So long as you agree that it's trending in the direction of dramatically. It may or may not ever get there, but I'm going to do what I can to ensure it doesn't. 

Oh please. No one is forcing you to get vaccinated. But if you choose not to get vaccinated, some businesses may not let you onto their private property. That’s where we’re at. That’s it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to get vaccinated, nor should they. But all this melodrama about nazis and freedoms is tired. It’s just tired.

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

but it has changed our lifestyle.   constantly having to remember or go back to get the stupid face paper, having to endure the stares when you might have forgotten to put it on.   talking to people and you can tell they are having trouble understanding your muffled speech, 

look i have my shots.   but i admit i got them more to be able to avoid the stupid mask.   now i find out that meant nothing and i am still supposed to wear the face paper.   it's my GD life and i should be allowed to decide for myself how i go through it.   i am tired of politicians and "scientists" telling me what i have to do and that they think they are so much smarter they have to mandate how i act and what i say and do.   it's my GD life.   stay out of it politicians.  

slubillikens43 likes this

but it has changed our lifestyle.   constantly having to remember or go back to get the stupid face paper, having to endure the stares when you might have forgotten to put it on.   talking to people and you can tell they are having trouble understanding your muffled speech, 

look i have my shots.   but i admit i got them more to be able to avoid the stupid mask.   now i find out that meant nothing and i am still supposed to wear the face paper.   it's my GD life and i should be allowed to decide for myself how i go through it.   i am tired of politicians and "scientists" telling me what i have to do and that they think they are so much smarter they have to mandate how i act and what i say and do.   it's my GD life.   stay out of it politicians.  

Judgmental stares and muffled speech? Oh dear God no! I take it all back. I’m sorry everyone has had to endure such atrocities. It’s not like people have loved ones dying of Covid or anything.

Just now, Reinert310 said:

Judgmental stares and muffled speech? Oh dear God no! I take it all back. I’m sorry everyone has had to endure such atrocities. It’s not like people have loved ones dying of Covid or anything.

when you make a living talking to people and your main non work passion is meeting and smoozing people, it is a problem when they cant understand you.   

when you make a living talking to people and your main non work passion is meeting and smoozing people, it is a problem when they cant understand you.   

I’m sure you’ve made due and figured out how to communicate despite the thin piece of fabric hanging on your face. Imagine not having a husband or wife or father or mother, how much more that would change your life than wearing a mask has. 

23 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

it did not start with work camps and gas chambers, but it did end up there

You’re kidding me, right? You’ve got to be F-ing kidding me!

35 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

This is why I get a popcorn.  It’s easier to string out than nachos and less of a mess.  Just a piece here and there and I’m good to go.