Vaccine Requirement at Chaifetz

STLHoopsFan

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Let’s start the countdown, how long will it take before this thread melts down?

I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t already.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That might be the sh!t part of this. I don’t care what they require but you can’t give someone a requirement that’s impossible to meet by the start date. 

Sounds like a negative test would also be accepted if for some reason you aren't vaccinated.  You can get tested at Walgreens or an urgent care.

Just now, JGR6396 said:

14 days after the second shot of the 2 dosers; 14 days after the single shot J&J

^on SLUs website 

That really isn't a full vaccine requirement then and it is just theater.  I got my shots, but these policies are idiotic.  The vaccine wears off in different people at different rates.  Most people with no booster aren't going to be very immune or unable to spread the virus at this point.

The only policy that would make sense if your goal was to stop spread would be to require a recent antibody test with a required minimal level of antibodies in your system.  That said, these policies aren't about stopping the spread of the virus.

JMM28 likes this

SLU was / is / will continue to be in a no win situation with this.  Unfortunately COVID is a giant political quagmire for any business or organization hosting the public.  No matter what you do in terms of health/safety protocols, you're going to a have a relatively large group of very vocal partisans screaming that you're doing too much or too little.

As a school with such a large medical school & healthcare footprint, IMO it makes sense for SLU to err on the side of public health.  This is a step in that direction and it was sort of baffling to me that they chose to have less stringent requirements than the Blues in the first place.

bauman and Crewsorlose like this

How dumb is this AT THIS POINT?  Why didn't they make this the rule, like the Blues did, before starting the season?  It hasn't hurt the Blues attendance.  I don't know who is making the call on this, Dr. P ; C May ; or the Board of Trustees but doing it now is like declaring someone half-pregnant

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That might be the sh!t part of this. I don’t care what they require but you can’t give someone a requirement that’s impossible to meet by the start date. 

The vaccines have been available to the public for around 9 months now. If you work in an industry that was prioritized on vaccines, even longer than that. Frankly I don’t think that many people are going to get vaccinated now because of the SLU requirement. For those that are, get vaccinated and get tested before games until the 14 day wait period ends. As someone suggested, you can go to Walgreens or an urgent care. Walgreens has been fairly slow with test results lately, at least compared to this summer. I went to Walgreens for a test in June as it was a requirement for a trip to Hawaii, and I had my results in 45 minutes. My fiancée has had to get 2 tests in the last 6 weeks because her job is fairly strict with potential covid cases, and now the results have been taking 2-3 days to come back. 

4 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

The vaccines have been available to the public for around 9 months now. If you work in an industry that was prioritized on vaccines, even longer than that. Frankly I don’t think that many people are going to get vaccinated now because of the SLU requirement. For those that are, get vaccinated and get tested before games until the 14 day wait period ends. As someone suggested, you can go to Walgreens or an urgent care. Walgreens has been fairly slow with test results lately, at least compared to this summer. I went to Walgreens for a test in June as it was a requirement for a trip to Hawaii, and I had my results in 45 minutes. My fiancée has had to get 2 tests in the last 6 weeks because her job is fairly strict with potential covid cases, and now the results have been taking 2-3 days to come back. 

Easier to just get a refund on the tickets than get tested every week, sometimes twice a week. This will cost the university plenty of money.

i dont have an email announcing such.   i also dont see anything about it at slubillikens.com    

like 05 said, you would think they wouldnt give such a demand 2 days before a game.   

27 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Sounds like a negative test would also be accepted if for some reason you aren't vaccinated.  You can get tested at Walgreens or an urgent care.

It also costs now to be tested. I also do not care how long the shot has been available, that’s not my argument. All I’m saying really is that either they should have given this requirement well ahead of the season or say January 1st. I’ve been pro-covid “vaccine” since they were released, but the addition of the mask requirement has never calculated in my head.

billiken_roy likes this

8 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

This will cost the university plenty of money.

I'd be shocked if this cost the university any material amount of money.  For all the people who are outraged & won't go, there are people who will go now because there is a vax mandate in place.  Both groups are probably small enough not to matter anyways, but both are way more vocal than the average fan who just wants to watch basketball.