GDT: Belmont

Bills By 40

You can call me a troll as much as you want but it’s time for Ford to go. These last two games at home against teams that are going to be in the mix with us were absolutely horrible

He doesn’t even know who needs to be on the floor and I run better offenses sets with my middle school team That I coach

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NH said:

I was just asking where you got that very specific number from. It looks like we led 18-3 with 31 minutes to go so assuming that’s where?

I mean the 31 wasn’t specific but maybe 28,29, 32, during there. I noted a few times in the first half we would lose if we didn’t pick it up given how the first 10 min went 

18 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

How about what?  We’re not going to win every game.  This was a tough one and we lost.  I’m still not going to be okay with bashing all the 18-23 year old kids on our team over each and every play and bashing our coach every time a play or a game doesn’t go our way.  Still comfortable with everything I said.

I bashed the guy getting paid 7 figures who can’t watch a basketball and adjust to the level of any middle school basketball coach.  

Ford puts the players in position to succeed or fail and tonight he failed to a level more than I thought possible.  We had the 4 most talented players on the court and the last 16 mins was a clinic in what not to do…and you could see it in real-time! It wasn’t hindsight.  I mean this with absolute  seriousness… I played high school basketball and my dad played D1 and have been around basketball and grew up with it. I with 100% confidence can coach a basketball game better than Travis Ford.  This game may be a harbinger of a collapse to come…it was that bad. 

Bizziken likes this

Just now, wgstl said:

I mean the 31 wasn’t specific but maybe 28,29, 32, during there. I noted a few times in the first half we would lose if we didn’t pick it up given how the first 10 min went 

I’m not arguing or anything I was just curious as 31 minutes seemed very particular haha. I dont disagree with your point

The double teamed fall away 3 that Jimerson hit with under 2 minutes to play to cut the lead to 2 is the type of shot that opposing teams always seem to hit against us. It was an incredible shot and at that point I thought we would win. We scored 1 point the rest of the way despite being gifted the ball 3 times by Belmont

It would seem Travis’ whole off season was figuring he’d run the shot clock down to ten and then have Yuri pass the ball to Perkins to play hero ball.  That’s how unprepared we seem to be.  Of course, I have questioned Travis’ offense over the years for years now.

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

It would seem Travis’ whole off season was figuring he’d run the shot clock down to ten and then have Yuri pass the ball to Perkins to play hero ball.  That’s how unprepared we seem to be.  Of course, I have questioned Travis’ offense over the years for years now.

Well in fairness the Yuri pick and roll offense came to the forefront after Javonte got hurt, so you can’t blame Travis for not using the off-season correctly. Our offense has actually been very good this year so I don’t think we can totally blame the offense. That said, I really don’t understand why we shoot so few threes when we have a good three point shooting team.

My main complaint about Travis is that he loses his composure in stressful moments, and the team takes on his personality.

slufan13 likes this

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Nesbitt just happens to be the best defensive player on the team, too.

I agree with this but Nesbitt was pulled at the 9 minute mark not because of a turnover but because he was beat back door twice. His sub was waiting at the table. 

21 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

That was one of the most disgusting losses I’ve seen in person in a long time…. Absolutely terrible. I’m gonna step away from this board for a couple of days.  Later dudes!

I’m hurtin’ and may do the same. See y’all after a W (or four W’s.. who knows).

We were outplayed, we had less assists, less blocks, less steals and more TOs than they had. The stat that hurts is that we did not make FT points at the level we had for the rest of the season. This explains our loss tonight. The coach can explain the plays but cannot throw the ball. We also scored a lower percentage of our FG attempts than they did.  This loss hurts.

Just now, HoosierPal said:

This sort of contradicts Ford yelling at Okoro after allowing his man to score and immediately saying “take him out” in the second half. I guess it’s just coincidence that he had two fouls in one minute in the first half along with Linssen’s foul trouble? Im not buying it but at least Ford is protecting his players and not publicly blasting them. 

3 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I appreciate Yuri taking the responsibility but don’t know how to take this. It seems Ford has put too much pressure on him, like I’ve been saying for a few games in a row

Maybe sitting for a game or at least not starting might be worthwhile.

Not as a punishment but to let him get his head straight. He needs to take a deep breath and relax. From these quotes it sounds like the game isn’t much fun for him right now. He needs to get back to having fun on the  court and let the game come to Tim

NoCoBillsFan likes this

10 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I appreciate Yuri taking the responsibility but don’t know how to take this. It seems Ford has put too much pressure on him, like I’ve been saying for a few games in a row

"Coach told me and the team knows everything that happens bad is on me.“

That can’t be what Ford told him.  

34 minutes ago, dlarry said:

How are they going to win any game by 20?

Who is going to score enough to make that happen?

This team is lacking offensive talent.

The can out athlete “directional state U” but when they play an actual NCAA caliber team they won’t score enough to blow anybody out.

I get your point, but whatever the plan was for this game, it did not capitalize on the talent and strengths that our players have. We were playing Belmont's game, and they are better at that than we were. I don't think our players lack skill. Hargrove and Nesbitt need to be bigger part of the offense. Slowing down the game did not work.