NET Tracker 2021-22

Littlebill

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

to my surprise and amazement we only dropped one spot in the net to 61.   Dayton switched spots with us.  i guess we run the table leading up to DC, who knows.   with the tough remaining schedule, we might have a chance yet.  surely cant lose anymore.  but i have no computer understanding.   

Road losses to decent teams don’t hurt as much in the NET.

Crewsorlose likes this

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2022 at 10:08 AM, billiken_roy said:

to my surprise and amazement we only dropped one spot in the net to 61.   Dayton switched spots with us.  i guess we run the table leading up to DC, who knows.   with the tough remaining schedule, we might have a chance yet.  surely cant lose anymore.  but i have no computer understanding.   

Pretty sure 99% of this board (including myself) said we had no shot at an at-large after losing @ UMASS yet we found ourselves in consideration just 2.5 weeks later. We run the table and lose in the A10 championship game we end at 25-9 with a NET that, depending how other teams finish,  I would assume would be in the 40s so who knows indeed. Now if we can win the A10 tourney I really like our chances.

There's still some glimmering, maybe fainting, hope for an NCAA At Large.  The latest NET rankings for the A10:

55 Dayton, 56 SLU, 60 Davidson, 64 VCU, 86 St. Bona, 88 Richmond, 105 Mason, 123 URI, 166 St. Joe's, 177 UMass, 186 Fordham, 231 GW, 246 LaSalle, 262 Duquesne.

The A10 is ranked 10th in Conference NET.   Conference NET's of relevance:  1 Big XII, 2 Big Ten, 3 SEC, 4 Big East, 5 ACC, 6 Pac-12, 7 American Athletic, 8 Mountain West, 9 WCC, 10 A10, 11 MVC, 12 Southern (for place in order only), 13 C-USA (due to 2 NCAA contenders), 21 Ohio Valley (due to 2 NCAA contenders).

19 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

There's still some glimmering, maybe fainting, hope for an NCAA At Large.  The latest NET rankings for the A10:

55 Dayton, 56 SLU, 60 Davidson, 64 VCU, 86 St. Bona, 88 Richmond, 105 Mason, 123 URI, 166 St. Joe's, 177 UMass, 186 Fordham, 231 GW, 246 LaSalle, 262 Duquesne.

The A10 is ranked 10th in Conference NET.   Conference NET's of relevance:  1 Big XII, 2 Big Ten, 3 SEC, 4 Big East, 5 ACC, 6 Pac-12, 7 American Athletic, 8 Mountain West, 9 WCC, 10 A10, 11 MVC, 12 Southern (for place in order only), 13 C-USA (due to 2 NCAA contenders), 21 Ohio Valley (due to 2 NCAA contenders).

Bonnies getting to #75 would be very nice

7 minutes ago, courtside said:

Former SLU assistant Porter Moser has the Oklahoma Sooners competing for an NCAA Tourney invite in his first season, despite a lot of roster turnover. 

28 KenPom, 39 NET. 

Some have the Sooners as last 4 in, some have them first four out. 

14-12 record and 4-9 in conference FWIW

24 minutes ago, courtside said:

Former SLU assistant Porter Moser has the Oklahoma Sooners competing for an NCAA Tourney invite in his first season, despite a lot of roster turnover. 

28 KenPom, 39 NET. 

Some have the Sooners as last 4 in, some have them first four out. 

One would hope. That OU program has made the tournament 7 times out of the last 8 possible years. Really smart job to take by him, but one that comes with much higher expectations in the first few years because he didn't take over from a coach that was fired.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:23 AM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Pretty sure 99% of this board (including myself) said we had no shot at an at-large after losing @ UMASS yet we found ourselves in consideration just 2.5 weeks later. We run the table and lose in the A10 championship game we end at 25-9 with a NET that, depending how other teams finish,  I would assume would be in the 40s so who knows indeed. Now if we can win the A10 tourney I really like our chances.

I assume your last sentence is meant to be a joke.  You do know that if we win the A 10 tourney that means we get an automatic bid to the NCAA.

5 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Regarding at-large: SLU has to beat VCU and Davidson to get back on the bubble.  Can’t lose to St Joe’s and RI.  Could they do all of that and maybe get away with a loss at Richmond? They’d probably have to get to the A-10 Championship and have plenty of other conf chalk. 

41 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Regarding at-large: SLU has to beat VCU and Davidson to get back on the bubble.  Can’t lose to St Joe’s and RI.  Could they do all of that and maybe get away with a loss at Richmond? They’d probably have to get to the A-10 Championship and have plenty of other conf chalk. 

This whole season:

• We're rolling! Lose to UAB and Belmont.
  • We're rolling! Lose to UMass.
  • We're rolling! Lose to The Bonnies.

Props to the guys for battling back each time, but damn.

14 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

The remaining schedule doesn't seem tough, but it's 3 Q2 games (although URI is dropping like a lead balloon) and 1 Q1 game. If we win all 5 our NET will likely be in the low 40s going into the tourney.

6 weeks ago people thought 15-3 wouldn't get us an at-large. Things have worked in our favor though (thanks Boise St., Auburn, and late Memphis surge), and 14-4 will do it. Damn that UMass loss hurts. 

14 hours ago, bauman said:

I assume your last sentence is meant to be a joke.  You do know that if we win the A 10 tourney that means we get an automatic bid to the NCAA.

Yes it is a joke. Yes I know that if we win the A10 tourney we get the auto bid. 

Rule of thumb for my posts: Don't ever take them seriously. It's my way of coping with the crippling hostility and anger permeating this board on a daily basis.

3 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

The remaining schedule doesn't seem tough, but it's 3 Q2 games (although URI is dropping like a lead balloon) and 1 Q1 game. If we win all 5 our NET will likely be in the low 40s going into the tourney.

6 weeks ago people thought 15-3 wouldn't get us an at-large. Things have worked in our favor though (thanks Boise St., Auburn, and late Memphis surge), and 14-4 will do it. Damn that UMass loss hurts. 

There are probably 1 or 2 teams we can afford to lose to in the tourney assuming we win out. Losing a close game to Dayton in the A10 finals likely doesn't drop us much if at all going into selection Sunday (assuming they continue playing well). Fingers crossed the George Masons of the A10 don't get hot come tourney time...

17 hours ago, Compton said:

This whole season:

• We're rolling! Lose to UAB and Belmont.
  • We're rolling! Lose to UMass.
  • We're rolling! Lose to The Bonnies.

Props to the guys for battling back each time, but damn.

I get your sentiment and do not disagree with it, but what you described is only avoided by going undefeated.  If you don't go undefeated, you are going to have losses that break up your win streaks.

rgbilliken likes this

3 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Yes it is a joke. Yes I know that if we win the A10 tourney we get the auto bid. 

Rule of thumb for my posts: Don't ever take them seriously. It's my way of coping with the crippling hostility and anger permeating this board on a daily basis.

So you are saying I shouldn't take your "rule of thumb" seriously? 🤨

7 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

If we win all 5 I could see a championship game appearance getting us in.  We’ll DEFINITELY be on full bubble watch.

God I would hate for bubble blow up again.