NET Tracker 2021-22

Littlebill

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Actually, it will get us a top 25-ish NET ranking. 

I hope your are right, but with only two teams ahead of us in the current NET-Davidson, 38, VCU 53- I find it hard to believe we can get close to top 25.  While the Wiz might be the only poster who can figure out NET, I think we need some better wins than our remaining schedule would allow, to get to top 25 land.  If we can go 15-3 or better in Conference then we will see. 

If we go 15-3 in conference play a shot and a beer on me for everyone that joins me at the new and improved Humphrey's for our first round match up in the NCAA tourney. Play your cards right and I may throw in a wine cooler.

Wine Coolers Are Making a Comeback - Bartles & Jaymes Selling Canned Wine  Drinks

Crewsorlose likes this

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If we go 15-3 in conference play, a shot and a beer on me for everyone that joins me at the new and improved Humphrey's for our first round match up in the NCAA tourney. Play your cards right and I may throw in a wine cooler.

Wine Coolers Are Making a Comeback - Bartles & Jaymes Selling Canned Wine  Drinks

in

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If we go 15-3 in conference play a shot and a beer on me for everyone that joins me at the new and improved Humphrey's for our first round match up in the NCAA tourney. Play your cards right and I may throw in a wine cooler.

By the way, which one's Bartles?

• 2 weeks later...

SLU's NET improved to 68 after games of 1/23/22.  That NET would translate to the 16th of the 32 NIT teams, the fourth of the four 4 seeds. 

The NET yields the Power 5 + 1 (Big East), aka the Power 6, 35 of the 68 NCAA bids.  The Big XII and Big Ten would have 8 NCAA bids, the SEC 7, the Pac-12 4, the ACC only 2, and the Big East 6.  The Mountain West and WCC would still have 4 NCAA bids, and the OVC 2.  There would be 23 one bid leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

NET will continue to climb. A double-digit win on Saturday probably lands us around 50. A win of any kind gets us to the 55-53 range. Either probably brings us into Lunardi's "next 4 out." NC SOS ranked 38 will make the committee happy.

1 Quad 1 game left, 4-5 Quad 2 games. Closing out the regular season 8-2 probably means we breathe easy on Selection Sunday. 

50 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

NET will continue to climb. A double-digit win on Saturday probably lands us around 50. A win of any kind gets us to the 55-53 range. Either probably brings us into Lunardi's "next 4 out." NC SOS ranked 38 will make the committee happy.

1 Quad 1 game left, 4-5 Quad 2 games. Closing out the regular season 8-2 probably means we breathe easy on Selection Sunday. 

I agree but those 2 losses would likely have to be @Davidson, @St Bona, or vs VCU. Can’t afford losses to La Salle or St Joes down the stretch 

Big opportunity for SLU today.

Here’s an example of what some think SLU needs to do to get in. 

Discussed below, Bracketville doesn’t have SLU in the same category yet as Davidson, VCU, and Dayton. Their reasoning is not enough good wins. (They like Dayton’s wins over Kansas, Miami, Virginia Tech, Belmont) Not included, they believe SLU needs wins at Davidson and over VCU as well as today. 

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/building-the-field/

2 hours ago, courtside said:

Big opportunity for SLU today.

Here’s an example of what some think SLU needs to do to get in. 

Discussed below, Bracketville doesn’t have SLU in the same category yet as Davidson, VCU, and Dayton. Their reasoning is not enough good wins. (They like Dayton’s wins over Kansas, Miami, Virginia Tech, Belmont) Not included, they believe SLU needs wins at Davidson and over VCU as well as today. 

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/building-the-field/

I agree with that analysis they need to win the conference.

I think SLU has benefited from the non conference schedule and they should be rewarded for playing a tough schedule.

There are typically about 20 conferences that get awarded a spot that have no teams that are worthy of a spot outside of the fact they won their conference.   So they would not be considered close to the 49 - 52 (first 4 out) top teams.

49 minutes ago, almaman said:

so 69th?

They were 76 in Fox Sports Bracketology prior to today. Bracketville isn't as high on them based on wanting to see more quality wins. (upcoming at Davidson, vs VCU). It's reasonable to say SLU is considered just on the outside looking in right now. They have a good opportunity with 8 regular season games left and the conference tourney. Have to keep getting results.

8 minutes ago, courtside said:

They were 76 in Fox Sports Bracketology prior to today. Bracketville isn't as high on them based on wanting to see more quality wins. (upcoming at Davidson, vs VCU). It's reasonable to say SLU is considered just on the outside looking in right now. They have a good opportunity with 8 regular season games left and the conference tourney. Have to keep getting results.

oh right I thought I read first not fourth. we do indeed control our destiny. got to sweep this goofy upcoming 4 pack and we can really start looking thru tap shoe catalogues. have 2b in last 4 in with that accomplishment.