NET Tracker 2021-22

Littlebill

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Obviously it's meaningless come selection time, but there's still something nice about being in the Top 68.

Top 68 doesn't cut it.   There are typically about 25 conferences that won't have a single team or only one team with a worthy at large team.  So you better be in the tip 40.   Very few teams at top 40 or better are left out

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In advance, I know today is Dec. 7, and we're halfway through the non-conference season.  I know there could be wide fluctuations in the NET the next month, there might be, not necessarily will be.

This being said, the trends are troubling.

Per the NET, of the 68 bids overall, 32 automatic and 36 at larges, a whopping 31 would be going to the Power 5 Conferences, broken down as follows:  Big Ten 9, SEC 8, Big XII 6, ACC 5, Pac-12 3.  Add the +1 Big East, with its 5 bids, and 36 of the 68 would come from the Power 5 + 1.

The WCC would have 4 (the WCC is not getting 4), the Mountain West 3 (unlikely), and the AAC 2.

Everyone else, 23 conferences in total, including the 11th NET ranked A10, would be Juan Bid.

There is significant work to do, starting tonight vs. Belmont.

• 2 weeks later...

Boise State has risen to a NET of 61, putting our win into the Q1 category. 

Bills are #71 today, right behind VCU at 70.  Davidson today sits at 46, Richmond at 80, Rhody at 93, Dayton 107 and St B 109.  (Getting picked in the A10 Pre-season poll as #1 is the kiss of death.) 

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Bills are #71 today, right behind VCU at 70.  Davidson today sits at 46, Richmond at 80, Rhody at 93, Dayton 107 and St B 109.  (Getting picked in the A10 Pre-season poll as #1 is the kiss of death.) 

-I hope this matters

On 12/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, Lando Griffin said:

Can we just fast forward to Late February, early March when we’re pissing and moaning about SLU’s 40ish NET?

I hate this system.

Editing this to add that not only will we be complaining about SLU’s 40ish NET but also comparing us to no less than 19 Mountain West conference teams in the bubble.

18 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Crappy we only get Davidson once, but it’s at their place so that’ll for sure be a Quad 1 oppt.  Unless their bottom falls out. 

SLU needs to do a Loyola Chi- like move and just start stacking wins bc those conf NETs are so bad.

AGB91 likes this

Juan Bid has entered the A10 footprint, is on the premises, with one foot already in the door.

A10 NET's through games played 12/29/21:

44 Davidson, 69 VCU, 73 SLU, 84 Richmond, 91 URI, 106 Dayton, 111 St. Bona, 115 Mason, 152 UMass, 166 Fordham, 184 St. Joe's, 225 Duquesne, 274 GW, 276 LaSalle.

Conference NET (per warrennolan.com):  1 Big XII, 2 Big Ten, 3 Big East, 4 SEC, 5 ACC, 6 Pac-12, 7- Mountain West, 8 American (AAC), 9 West Coast (WCC), 10 A10, 11 MVC, 12 Southern (SoCon), 13 C-USA, 14 Colonial, 15 WAC ...

On 12/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, Bay Area Billiken said:

A10 NET's through games played 12/29/21:

44 Davidson, 69 VCU, 73 SLU, 84 Richmond, 91 URI, 106 Dayton, 111 St. Bona, 115 Mason, 152 UMass, 166 Fordham, 184 St. Joe's, 225 Duquesne, 274 GW, 276 LaSalle.

top 10 davidson 44, VCU 69, 71 SLU, 94 Rhody, 103 GMU, 106 Richmond, 108 UD, 112 Bonnies, 122 Joeys, 148 Umass.  So Top 10 has improved since this ranking.

Others:

Auburn 6

Belmont 36

UAB 47

Memphis 52

Boise st 59

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

top 10 davidson 44, VCU 69, 71 SLU, 94 Rhody, 103 GMU, 106 Richmond, 108 UD, 112 Bonnies, 122 Joeys, 148 Umass.  So Top 10 has improved since this ranking.

Others:

Auburn 6

Belmont 36

UAB 47

Memphis 52

Boise st 59

I know what if's don't matter but it would sure be nice to have gotten W's against Belmont and UAB, both of which could have very easily happened.  Who knows, maybe with JP we would have added a W against Auburn.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, Bay Area Billiken said:

Juan Bid has entered the A10 footprint, is on the premises, with one foot already in the door.

Don't forget Juan's cousins Deux and Trois Bid, they may be shy and hiding now but can come out and show themselves before the A10 tournament is over.

17 minutes ago, bauman said:

I know what if's don't matter but it would sure be nice to have gotten W's against Belmont and UAB, both of which could have very easily happened.  Who knows, maybe with JP we would have added a W against Auburn.

Yep, Ive been saying since that week of those two games I was super annoyed because you HAD to win one of those they since they were at home they were very winnable if you consider your self a good team. 

Also playing #123 Buffalo over #164 SFA would have helped. Buffalo would likely be more like 115 had they won the first game.  And playing #87 drake. 

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Fwiw....Frank said again this morning that he is still hearing JP will be back next year. 

1 hour ago, bauman said:

You could just as easily have put Auburn in there as well. We had them on the ropes and let them off. 

bauman likes this