GDT vs UAB.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic Defensive rebounding aside, we could not run our set offense in the second half.

Our three point shooting in the first half did nothing to open the floor for us in the second half. Far too often do our ball-handlers poorly use the ball screen then dribble to the block and pick up their dribble without being a threat to score. Lead to many disjointed possessions and several turnovers. 

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

The look Jimerson got when we were down 2 was as good as you can ask for. I'd take that look again 10 more times. I never thought rebounding would cost us a game but it did tonight. 

On to soccer (or whatever they're calling this sport played on this field)

Idk if it’s just me but it seems like Jimerson misses open threes when it would really shift the momentum. He’s a good shooter overall but doesn’t usually hit them in the big moments

If you take Jones out f the equation, we shot 3-for-12 from three.  And one of the three was from Thatch.  Conversely, we again made three-point stars out of Walker and Ertel.  Ertel alone beat our collective effort by making three himself.  And they were all pure.  Counter conversely, the beautiful open shot by Jimerson to take the lead at the end looked horrible, and Collin  should never shoot a decisive three.  The rebounding woes are to be expected ---- it what we get with the departure of board Zambonis Goodwin and French.  

Shoulda, coulda, woulda been a nice resume win.

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Yuri needs to fix some things, but he isn’t why we lost this game.

You’re right he isn’t the reason we lost.  But he was a decent part of it.  I like Yuri but the last several games his decision making hasn’t been great.  I think he’s trying to do to much to help make up for Perkins not being there.  I trust he’ll return to form.

Look, the only way we’re making the dance is going 10-3 in non con, winning the A10 reg season Championship and we finish 25-6, or winning the A10 tournament (auto bid). That’s the long and short of it. Can we do any of these two is the question?  I think we can, but we’ve got to bring our A game every night. That’s hard to do  over the next 23 games.