GDT: MSOC Elite 8 @ Washington

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Attendance: 3,629, including standing room, well over the 2,200 capacity. 

BAB, rough estimate of how many of that 3k were our fans? How’s our alumni group out there? I had one American Airlines and Hilton tab open as we watched in anticipation of booking a DFW-RDU weekend, but I guess now I’ll be off to Naples to celebrate my parents 44 years of wedded bliss. :) You win some, you lose some. 

24 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

BAB, rough estimate of how many of that 3k were our fans? How’s our alumni group out there? I had one American Airlines and Hilton tab open as we watched in anticipation of booking a DFW-RDU weekend, but I guess now I’ll be off to Naples to celebrate my parents 44 years of wedded bliss. :) You win some, you lose some. 

I wasn’t there. My observation was from watching the game stream and prior review of the “stadium” on the UW Huskies web site. A lot of fans were standing up, around the field past the small grandstand. The attendance figure was from the box score. 

I did look into going. Had the weather forecast been better, I may well have. Seattle is a 2 hour flight from the SF Bay Area. 

While I don’t know about Seattle, SLU has a decent amount of alumni here in the SF Bay Area. SLU has hosted several events when the Cardinals are out here playing the Giants and once the A’s.  Also one Sunday afternoon event some years ago before Cards vs. Giants WashU held an alumni event and they invited us to join them.