GDT: MSOC Elite 8 @ Washington

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone within the SLU travelling party took pictures of the field yesterday and sent them to a buddy of mine.  From what I saw, UW and the NCAA should be embarrassed to play a tourney game there.  I've seen CYC fields look better.  Mud and standing water in several spots.  Poorly placed sod where someone tried to at least have enough grass to line the goal box.  From the photos, best case scenario is that the match will be a s**t show with the distinct probability of the being decided by a fluke rather than skill or strategy.  Worst case scenario is that someone gets really hurt.

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m going to be honest here. I’m not super trusting that any of the advertised bars showing the game will have it. Can we crowd source calling, Beffas, Field House and Amsterdam to make sure they’ve test Pac12 +? 

heard some bogus Pac12 cards out there

27 minutes ago, House said:

Someone within the SLU travelling party took pictures of the field yesterday and sent them to a buddy of mine.  From what I saw, UW and the NCAA should be embarrassed to play a tourney game there.  I've seen CYC fields look better.  Mud and standing water in several spots.  Poorly placed sod where someone tried to at least have enough grass to line the goal box.  From the photos, best case scenario is that the match will be a s**t show with the distinct probability of the being decided by a fluke rather than skill or strategy.  Worst case scenario is that someone gets really hurt.

From what people had been reporting I was afraid this would happen.  The NCAA should move the game somewhere else in Seattle - to late to move it somewhere else.

The way I understand it, since the game’s stream is produced by the UW athletic department and not the PAC 12 Networks, no subscription is required to watch the stream.  I just tested this with the current ASU women’s basketball game and I am able to stream that game despite not having a subscription to a service that provides the PAC 12 Network.

Matty Light likes this

2 hours ago, Matty Light said:

Is there any history of the Sounders playing a home game the day before tge Seahawks? What is the minimum turn around time for converting a pro soccer pitch into an NFL field?

Does anyone know?

They can go from football to soccer within a day. Going soccer to football takes longer. More lines to paint, goalposts, etc.

Matty Light likes this