Espn+ and a beer, Mizzou down 33-9

Aquinas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I was also concerned about this scenario a couple of weeks ago.  So, in a moment of weakness, I checked out Tigerboard to get their perspective and found this amazingly sane post:

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=17866228

He's got a better job whether anyone wants to admit it

Missouri has fallen to the depths, and its ineptitude is only surpassed by the unrealistic place in college basketball hierarchy its fan have for it.

MU is trending toward a dead fv<king last finish in the SEC this season and Ford has a job where he tells the AD what to do and when to get it done, runs the program as he sees fit and doesn't have to compete with football.

Why would he come to work for a hyphenated last name in a giant albatross of a gym where football runs the show?

He's been at that school, OSU, and it sucked.

One thing I thought was revealing in our first interview with Ford on the podcast is how he talked about the things he was looking for when he took the SLU job "as a place to finish my career". He's got the mentality of someone committed to a place long-term. A recent article from Stu suggested he's making $2MM+. It would take a lot for him to take another job like that.

That said, it's in our best interest to have at least a little stability at the larger in-state power conference school. Martin has a big buyout but these schools always seem to come up with the money when they want to. But I also don't think Ford is a splashy enough hire for them right now. It's not like SLU is coming off consecutive Sweet Sixteens.

I'm wondering what the sweet spot is for the next hire. Will they try to go big or will they feel constrained by the amount of the buyout? Marshall and Pitino both make sense as names people would be throwing around because they've both had high-level success and very public downfalls, so fans might be thinking they could grab them on the way back up for a discount. Who knows what the landscape looks like by the time the spring rolls around, though.

CBFan likes this

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Yes, it's ALWAYS the TOLERANT crowd who starts this crap.....and then they whine when they get pushback to their diatribe.....

It's always the same 4-5 snowflakes who get triggered on the "stick to sports" crowd whose posts are 90% non-sports related.

This one is truly bizarre to me because no one said anything against any religion or political belief. Just called out a lousy school. It's unreal that anyone here would take it personally. You're a sensitive lot. I genuinely don't see it coming most of the time, but I'm also not particularly interested in jumping on inane culture wars at every opportunity like you guys are. "I must defend the honor of Liberty University!"

BuiltFordBills likes this

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

One thing I thought was revealing in our first interview with Ford on the podcast is how he talked about the things he was looking for when he took the SLU job "as a place to finish my career". He's got the mentality of someone committed to a place long-term. A recent article from Stu suggested he's making $2MM+. It would take a lot for him to take another job like that.

That said, it's in our best interest to have at least a little stability at the larger in-state power conference school. Martin has a big buyout but these schools always seem to come up with the money when they want to. But I also don't think Ford is a splashy enough hire for them right now. It's not like SLU is coming off consecutive Sweet Sixteens.

I'm wondering what the sweet spot is for the next hire. Will they try to go big or will they feel constrained by the amount of the buyout? Marshall and Pitino both make sense as names people would be throwing around because they've both had high-level success and very public downfalls, so fans might be thinking they could grab them on the way back up for a discount. Who knows what the landscape looks like by the time the spring rolls around, though.

WestPineBills on twitter recently made a SS about all of the a10 schools on twitter and its def over 2m

EDIT:

Pistol and NextYearBill like this

38 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It's always the same 4-5 snowflakes who get triggered on the "stick to sports" crowd whose posts are 90% non-sports related.

This one is truly bizarre to me because no one said anything against any religion or political belief. Just called out a lousy school. It's unreal that anyone here would take it personally. You're a sensitive lot. I genuinely don't see it coming most of the time, but I'm also not particularly interested in jumping on inane culture wars at every opportunity like you guys are. "I must defend the honor of Liberty University!"

They want to be aggrieved so badly. It's obvious, and unfortunately, it works.

As much as we hate to admit it there are some really good reasons to go to Columbia as a coach.

1. Cheating is ok. Everyone else has already done it, so no one will really even notice

2. Ratio of meth to resident. 

3. Super nice trailer parks 

4. Easy access to truck stops with lot lizards

5. Gas Station Fried Chicken 

6. Plenty of seating options for family and friends at basketball or football games. 

7. Barbers experienced with the Mullet cut. 

8. Save on dentist bills, you don't want to stand out with a nice smile. 

9. Unique SPUMAC nickname that you can be proud of. 

10. Save on wardrobe expense as wife beater t's are on sale frequently at Walmart

46 minutes ago, Pistol said:

You’re embarrassing yourself Pete, do we really need to rehash your harsh comments and mockery for every Evangelical school in the country?? You’ve attacked Grand Canyon, Oral Roberts, Liberty and others... for you to imply there isn’t a bias  is disingenuous... 

17 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You’re embarrassing yourself Pete, do we really need to rehash your harsh comments and mockery for every Evangelical school in the country?? You’ve attacked Grand Canyon, Oral Roberts, Liberty and others... for you to imply there isn’t a bias  is disingenuous... 

I think GCU was Baptist at some point, but is just "Christian" now and doesn't necessarily prescribe to an evangelical dogma. The only real knock against them is that they have no business in the NCAA as a for-profit school - unrelated to any faith-based mission they may adhere to. 

Pistol likes this

42 minutes ago, Compton said:

I think GCU was Baptist at some point, but is just "Christian" now and doesn't necessarily prescribe to an evangelical dogma. The only real knock against them is that they have no business in the NCAA as a for-profit school - unrelated to any faith-based mission they may adhere to. 

https://www.courthousenews.com/formerly-for-profit-grand-canyon-university-seeks-recognition-as-nonprofit/ for those that might be interested

28 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

On cusomano today he talked about the vianney kid who plays for notre dame football. He texted that kids mom and ask if he would consider transferring to a certain missouri school. She said "not a chance". I like to read more into that response.

One school is Norte Dame, the other is Mizzou. No need to dig deeper than that.

52 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

On cusomano today he talked about the vianney kid who plays for notre dame football. He texted that kids mom and ask if he would consider transferring to a certain missouri school. She said "not a chance". I like to read more into that response.

Frank loves wasting his own time

BilliesBy40 likes this

2 hours ago, willie said:

I think people said that last year

His entire starting lineup was going into their senior year and he didn’t do anything in the NCAA tournament.  Coaches don’t typically leave in that situation.  The more strategic move is to raise your profile with another great season & hopefully a more successful NCAA run, then jump ship to a better landing spot / higher salary then you could have gotten the previous year.  Way better than being stuck in a rebuild making relative peanuts western NY.