Espn+ and a beer, Mizzou down 33-9

Aquinas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ACE said:

CBFan, enjoy your posts as well, but frankly I'm surprised at the response to a very mild jab taken at that place. it's not like I had the audacity to take a shot at Jerry Falwell Jr. I had no idea so many folks on a SLU message board felt so passionately about Liberty University.

With the amount of hypocrisy and corruption there, not sure why anyone would want to defend that place regardless of your political affiliation. For example, there are quality conservative schools like Wheaton College that I wouldn't take shots at.

And regarding keeping things you deem "political" off this board, if you are going to go down that road, be consistent. If you truly believe that, call it out when it is going the other direction too. We've seen plenty anti-political talk crusaders on this board go silent when there are political posts that align with their view.

Happy Friday to you as well!

tough room ACE. I 2 was amazed @ the responses. 

ACE likes this

Mizzou fell to 150 in Sagarin, last in the SEC. They are going to get killed in the SEC this season. 

I have to agree that we benefit from Martin staying there. 

He has a crazy record at Mizzou.

On one hand, 2 ncaa appearances in four seasons. On the other hand, 2 going on 3 losing seasons and this is shaping up to be the worst.

Criticisms of Liberty aren't shots at anyone's politics. We've talked about the place here before. Rampant corruption in the family that runs (ran?) it, an online diploma mill used to fund capital projects, and currently a brutal story based on a long-term investigation about sexual assault reports being silenced and punished.

If simply calling it a "school" feels like a shot at your politics or beliefs, it might be time for a little self-reflection.

FWIW, I like when power conference schools go on the road and play these games. As SLU fans, we all should. Big schools refusing to do so is a loser's mentality that makes the sport less compelling. But I personally wouldn't want anything to do with this particular institution.

Just now, Pistol said:

Criticisms of Liberty aren't shots at anyone's politics. We've talked about the place here before. Rampant corruption in the family that runs (ran?) it, an online diploma mill used to fund capital projects, and currently a brutal story based on a long-term investigation about sexual assault reports being silenced and punished.

If simply calling it a "school" feels like a shot at your politics or beliefs, it might be time for a little self-reflection.

FWIW, I like when power conference schools go on the road and play these games. As SLU fans, we all should. Big schools refusing to do so is a loser's mentality that makes the sport less compelling. But I personally wouldn't want anything to do with this particular institution.

Here we go again....so when the board blows up, just remember where it started.🙄

billiken_roy likes this

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Why would the board blow up? Did anyone here go to Liberty?

This is so weird.

Lol...the guy who always claims to have me on ignore is always the first to respond.  You make no secret of your disdain for evangelical Christians and, frankly, many find it offensive.  Give me the list of universities that have had no incidents of scandal...no corruption, no hypocrisy, no sexual immorality. I am waiting. You condemn an entire university and ignore the incredible contributions of their tens of thousands of graduates. 

I want to discuss basketball, not your leftwing politics. 

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Why would the board blow up? Did anyone here go to Liberty?

This is so weird.

Weird not least because I don't think anyone from Liberty would really stick up for any of us. I went to grad school with a girl from an evangelical school and not kidding was told they were "surprised I wasn't satanic" because that's what a lot of hardcore evangelicals are taught about Catholics. not all of them, but many are taught some off the wall things about catholics, especially Jesuits, from a young age at church.

Bizziken likes this

2 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Lol...the guy who always claims to have me on ignore is always the first to respond.  You make no secret of your disdain for evangelical Christians and, frankly, many find it offensive.  Give me the list of universities that have had no incidents of scandal...no corruption, no hypocrisy, no sexual immorality. I am waiting. You condemn an entire university and ignore the incredible contributions of their tens of thousands of graduates. 

I want to discuss basketball, not your leftwing politics. 

Religion does not equal politics. If you or anyone else think they are the same thing, you need to reevaluate the core tenants of whatever religion you follow.

People like Jerry Falwell Jr. are a disgrace to the Christian faith. Calling that out is pro-Christianity, not anti-Christianity.

hmart23 and RUBillsFan like this

4 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Religion does not equal politics. If you or anyone else think they are the same thing, you need to reevaluate the core tenants of whatever religion you follow.

People like Jerry Falwell Jr. are a disgrace to the Christian faith. Calling that out is pro-Christianity, not anti-Christianity.

i agree falwell jr is a disgrace, but why paint the whole university as such because of him. we certainly do not condemn all priests because of a few child abusers. lets be fair

billiken_roy likes this

32 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I believe it is a 2 for 1. 

8 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i agree falwell jr is a disgrace, but why paint the whole university as such because of him. we certainly do not condemn all priests because of a few child abusers. lets be fair

1. The Catholic Church was rightly condemned for failing to take appropriate action against known child abusers.

2. The Falwell family were in charge of Liberty from Day 1. It is fair to criticize the school and the family. People are not criticizing some other school with zero affiliation with the Falwell’s or Liberty.

12 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

Weird not least because I don't think anyone from Liberty would really stick up for any of us. I went to grad school with a girl from an evangelical school and not kidding was told they were "surprised I wasn't satanic" because that's what a lot of hardcore evangelicals are taught about Catholics. not all of them, but many are taught some off the wall things about catholics, especially Jesuits, from a young age at church.

I like to joke that I didn't go to a Catholic school I went to a Jesuit school. 

So if mizzou were to move on from Couzo, would they look at a former player, who went on to play at Kentucky, so knows about the SEC, and has recruiting ties to St. Louis???

Who knows if they would even be interested, seem to have it pretty good where they are now

I'm not sayin', just sayin'

12 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Condemning an entire university over the actions of a few is a disgrace.  Funny I never see the level of venom directed towards secular universities. And finally, Pistol as a defender of the Christian faith? 🤣🤣🤣

On Tiger board they are posting Greg Marshall or Slick Rick Patino.

Marshall seems like a viable option but Patino is not going to live in Columbia Mo.

They want Martin out now.

Reinert310 likes this

4 minutes ago, CBFan said:

On Tiger board they are posting Greg Marshall or Slick Rick Patino.

Marshall seems like a viable option but Patino is not going to live in Columbia Mo.

They want Martin out now.

I'm surprised people want Marshall. My in-laws are from Wichita and while they liked his results on the court he was NOT well-liked in the community and most were glad to see him go (according to them). No matter his results I wouldn't want Marshall within 10 feet of any of our guys after him putting his hands on a coach and players at WSU. 

8 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

So if mizzou were to move on from Couzo, would they look at a former player, who went on to play at Kentucky, so knows about the SEC, and has recruiting ties to St. Louis???

Who knows if they would even be interested, seem to have it pretty good where they are now

I'm not sayin', just sayin'

I was also concerned about this scenario a couple of weeks ago.  So, in a moment of weakness, I checked out Tigerboard to get their perspective and found this amazingly sane post:

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=17866228

He's got a better job whether anyone wants to admit it

Missouri has fallen to the depths, and its ineptitude is only surpassed by the unrealistic place in college basketball hierarchy its fan have for it.

MU is trending toward a dead fv<king last finish in the SEC this season and Ford has a job where he tells the AD what to do and when to get it done, runs the program as he sees fit and doesn't have to compete with football.

Why would he come to work for a hyphenated last name in a giant albatross of a gym where football runs the show?

He's been at that school, OSU, and it sucked.

CBFan likes this

14 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

I'm surprised people want Marshall. My in-laws are from Wichita and while they liked his results on the court he was NOT well-liked in the community and most were glad to see him go (according to them). No matter his results I wouldn't want Marshall within 10 feet of any of our guys after him putting his hands on a coach and players at WSU. 

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don’t think there is any chance Mizzou’s AD hires Pitino or Marshsall.  That isn’t going to happen.

I agree the fans are in melt down mode and not thinking we have dealt with that on this board when you know who was our coach.

That is an interesting take on Marshall with the in-laws.  I wondered why Marshall was cut loose and know I know more about it.

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I was also concerned about this scenario a couple of weeks ago.  So, in a moment of weakness, I checked out Tigerboard to get their perspective and found this amazingly sane post:

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=17866228

He's got a better job whether anyone wants to admit it

Missouri has fallen to the depths, and its ineptitude is only surpassed by the unrealistic place in college basketball hierarchy its fan have for it.

MU is trending toward a dead fv<king last finish in the SEC this season and Ford has a job where he tells the AD what to do and when to get it done, runs the program as he sees fit and doesn't have to compete with football.

Why would he come to work for a hyphenated last name in a giant albatross of a gym where football runs the show?

He's been at that school, OSU, and it sucked.

Along those lines, I think there's one SEC school Coach Ford aspires to coach, and it certainly ain't Mizzou.