GDT: Boise State

Bills By 40

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

We can talk about the free throws being the difference maker but those prayers that Shaver hit made things closer than they should have been

Was coming here to say this. They shot out of character for the 3-5 min stretch in the second to keep it respectable. We run away with this one if he doesn’t go unconscious 

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Yes Yuri came on but the last three starts have been mind-boggling with the kid.  And don’t discount Deandre Jones first half effort.  He led the team back from the 11 -0 start.  

and again, we tried to make three point hero’s out of Shaver and the Serb turd.

I was beginning to wonder if his girlfriend broke up with him. His mind seemed to be elsewhere at times. 

Boise might not end up being great but that's the type of game that prior SLU teams would have lost and we'd be looking at it as a missed opportunity when we're on the bubble in March. 

Yuri has to clean it up. We can't get in an 11-0 hole against UAB. But Jones steadied the ship until Yuri found himself (somewhat). Jimerson might just be really really good.

Littlebill, Bizziken and Zink like this

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

Just checked the score box, they had more rebounds than we had, more blocks than we had, and more assists than we had. We won this game on FTs. Who would have thought last year that we would ever win a game because we made more FTs than the other team!

The foul was the best defensive play we had tonight.

Didn’t watch the game tonight because I was at the Blues game, but noticed some interesting stats:

Jimerson lead the team in points and assists.  Tied for 2nd in rebounds.

Yuri had five more shots (13) than anyone else on the Billikens.  I’d much prefer he lead the team in assists rather than shots.

We had 25 fouls called against us.  The depth Ford has brought to the team is huge in those situations.

We were 30-34 from the free throw line.  Hard to believe that’s real.  Definitely the difference in the game.

51 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Great win, but film study is going to be harsh when they see how many times we had two defenders chase a cutter or two guys close out a shooter. The defense was broken tonight.

Room for improvement for sure, I didn't like seeing Yuri switch on screens to cover their big man in the paint.  They didn't exploit it as much they could've. DJ and YC can't switch because size matters

Bizziken likes this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I mean this game isn’t close if shaver doesn’t hit 3-3 from 3 in like 2 minutes, right? Felt like that was everything 

Shaver is a career 33% 3 point shooter and IIRC one of those shots he hit was beyond NBA range.  He absolutely gave them a shot in the arm with those makes, but I don't necessarily think SLU's D was bad during that stretch.  Just kind of unlucky that an mediocre 3 pt shooter gets blazing hot briefly.