Bills By 40

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Thanks.

After doing some digging It looks like stadium might be available on the Roku channel?

It is. But it’s really screwed up. It had the game listed as yesterday. We’ll see. Davidson v Charlotte I’m at 7:00pm est. We’re listed as 9:00 est. 

36 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

Take an old set of rabbit ears from the ancient TV you have in your storage room and plug it into the back of your flat screen, then use the tv's remote and put it on 30-4.  Works for me. 

I assume this is a serious comment and serious advice.  I just really do not know.  So please forgive my ignorance.

Does this really work?

1 minute ago, SLU_Lax said:

I assume this is a serious comment and serious advice.  I just really do not know.  So please forgive my ignorance.

Does this really work?

yes a thousand times yes.assuming u r in old school tv range. I have 1/2  tv'sall  have some antenna and all work. real expensive ones might be better but anything that u can attach to the coax input will boost your signal. once attached u will have to scan for channels after prompting & then run through c what u got. sometimes u may have  to adjust & rescan if  channels are missing. once u have them u still  may have picture  issues so just adjust till satisfied. even old school fm stereo antennas work to a degree.

rgbilliken and SLU_Lax like this

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

Didn't we have a guy used to post streaming links - ah, the good old days.

Wasn't long ago when you'd have to go through 33 links and 573 pop-up ads before finally finding a link that worked...sort of. Oregon State in Corvallis was one of the last struggles I remember. Think I went through a case of Red Dogs that night out of frustration. 2017 if memory serves me...

4 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Wasn't long ago when you'd have to go through 33 links and 573 pop-up ads before finally finding a link that worked...sort of. Oregon State in Corvallis was one of the last struggles I remember. Think I went through a case of Red Dogs that night out of frustration. 2017 if memory serves me...

The last one I remember was @Washington for that game that started at like 1030 central

2 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

To set the record straight for future historians reading this thread, he was born in Boise and went to high school there but did not play for Boise State.

I was referring to Central Arkansas, not his HS. 

-I found my antenna yesterday that I bought some years ago at Best Buy, haven't used in a while, hooked it up, had the tv scan for antenna (was on box), took probably 5 minutes to get all of the stations and came on playing Stadium, picture was great, didn't change a thing and turned off the tv, hope it's there tonight

-not to get ahead of ourselves, but the next puzzle might be what is Flo Hoops?

-not complaining as I should have a way to watch the Bills tonight with a good picture

-screw the Broncos, Let's Go Bills!

You could rig up a rusty wire antenna and some tin foil and catch the game if you had to, O.T.A. signals and antennas are a crazy technology. Or you can go to Stadium's website on your computer and connect it to your TV via HDMI. 

I'm a custom technology integrator by trade and therefore consider me a professional on the matter. Your experience using a computer and an HDMI cable is going to be easier and in higher resolution that way than by streaming via any other variety or using an antenna. My $.02. 

David King likes this

1 minute ago, Bills By 40 said:

You could rig up a rusty wire antenna and some tin foil and catch the game if you had to, O.T.A. signals and antennas are a crazy technology. Or you can go to Stadium's website on your computer and connect it to your TV via HDMI. 

I'm a custom technology integrator by trade and therefore consider me a professional on the matter. Your experience using a computer and an HDMI cable is going to be easier and in higher resolution that way than by streaming via any other variety or using an antenna. My $.02. 

count  on barrage of ??s in the future here :)

I think the Boise home court advantage will be less of a factor than some (bookmakers, ESPN, etc..) are making it out to be. 

ExtraMile Arena is all of 3 miles from Boise Airport. With 6 days rest/break/travel/acclimation time, I just don't think it'll be as big a factor as regular season games where there's a 3-day turnaround. 

Also, Boise St. has a single home win this year - Utah Valley.

1 hour ago, Adman said:

For those of you with Samsung smart TVs with Samsung TV Plus, you're good to go.

Navigate to Samsung TV Plus, then tune to Channel 1159 - Stadium. All set at 9pm ET / 8pm CT from ExtraMile Arena in Boise, ID.

First time I am going to watch anything through Samsung TV Plus.

4 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

Yes, I found the Stadium channel for my Roku as well.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/40f1fa93eb630caa8ce59dbf83073474/stadium

i found it on the Roku channel guide very quickly.   started on the Roku channel then clicked on live tv channel guide.   then channel 227.   i assume i am set.   what started out as a hopeless pissed off feeling wouldnt see the game tonight unless just some tiny picture on my computer to now on our best tv in the house.   i'm having a celebration beer now. 

dennis_w, BilliKat and brianstl like this

1 hour ago, Compton said:

I think the Boise home court advantage will be less of a factor than some (bookmakers, ESPN, etc..) are making it out to be. 

ExtraMile Arena is all of 3 miles from Boise Airport. With 6 days rest/break/travel/acclimation time, I just don't think it'll be as big a factor as regular season games where there's a 3-day turnaround. 

Curious, what does the distance between the arena and airport have to do with anything?  
A bad driver can hijacker’s a bus no matter what the distance. 

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Only one home win would normally be significant. Boise has only played two home games, however.

Most concerned about SLU coming out flat due to holiday tourney hangover and Boise getting after it due to subpar previous game. SLU D must stop their ball movement and wide open 3 attempts.