• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, BillikenBeep said:

What channel is the game on tonight?  The Gameday tweet just says @stadium 

Is it picked up locally?  

That probably depends on where you live. My understanding is it will be on the 30.4 over-the-air KDNL subchannel in St. Louis.

https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

KNDL is carried by Spectrum St. Louis, channels 12 and 721. I do not know if KNDL carries sports events for Stadium or not, they may have something similar to ESPN+ but it is worth a try. KNDL St. Louis is, I believe, channel 31 if you use an antenna.

If none of these work for you Stadium carries a game and pregame discussion feed at:   https://watchstadium.com/live/

13 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Given they notoriously slow the game down, do we just have Yuri send things into hyperdrive? I know Bakersfield had success leaning into the slow play, but I like our team running and gunning.

I'm with you, let's impose our will and control the game. Run and gun, don't play their game. Take it to them in their own house and send a message. 

I mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see us try the 1-3-1 defense again. It was shot down by somebody but I like the idea because they don't shoot well (or often) from outside the perimeter, they don't rebound all too well, and they play slow - all reasons to believe they would fail to pick it apart and if we run it well it will create easy transition offense that allows us to control the tempo the way we want to. Force turnovers, create transition points. That should be the gameplan - but outside of a full court press into the 1-3-1 with the way Boise plays I don't see much opportunity to play that way. 

billiken_roy and TheOne like this

26 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I'm with you, let's impose our will and control the game. Run and gun, don't play their game. Take it to them in their own house and send a message. 

I mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see us try the 1-3-1 defense again. It was shot down by somebody but I like the idea because they don't shoot well (or often) from outside the perimeter, they don't rebound all too well, and they play slow - all reasons to believe they would fail to pick it apart and if we run it well it will create easy transition offense that allows us to control the tempo the way we want to. Force turnovers, create transition points. That should be the gameplan - but outside of a full court press into the 1-3-1 with the way Boise plays I don't see much opportunity to play that way. 

I think we press, mix up defense throughout the game to throw them off, and attack.

3 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

That probably depends on where you live. My understanding is it will be on the 30.4 over-the-air KDNL subchannel in St. Louis.

https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

KNDL is carried by Spectrum St. Louis, channels 12 and 721. I do not know if KNDL carries sports events for Stadium or not, they may have something similar to ESPN+ but it is worth a try. KNDL St. Louis is, I believe, channel 31 if you use an antenna.

If none of these work for you Stadium carries a game and pregame discussion feed at:   https://watchstadium.com/live/

Anybody know if Stadium is on YouTube TV? 

44 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Boise is 84th (of 350+) in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage.  They're not SLU level (8th), but they get after it on the offensive glass a bit.  I like trying to speed them up / force turnovers, but I'd be worried about rebounding out of the 1-3-1.

I'm also not that certain Boise has to play slow.  They've played a bunch of teams that like playing slow so far this season which IMO has skewed the numbers a bit.  Last season with many of the same players, they played at an above average tempo.

6 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

It is on the sports plus package. I'm upgrading for tonight then canceling

6 minutes ago, NH said:

I’m fairly certain it is

Thanks.

After doing some digging It looks like stadium might be available on the Roku channel?

15 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Thanks.

After doing some digging It looks like stadium might be available on the Roku channel?

Yes, I found the Stadium channel for my Roku as well.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/40f1fa93eb630caa8ce59dbf83073474/stadium

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet.  This game is a homecoming game for DeAndre Jones, so that's pretty cool:

Tuesday’s game is a homecoming for Borah High School star DeAndre Jones, who joined the Billikens prior to the season as a transfer from Central Arkansas. Jones is averaging 5.1 points in 17 minutes off the bench. He’s expected to have 30-plus family and friends in attendance. 

https://www.bronconationnews.com/game-day-breakdown-saint-louis-6-1-at-boise-state-3-3/

Pistol likes this

31 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Boise is 84th (of 350+) in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage.  They're not SLU level (8th), but they get after it on the offensive glass a bit.  I like trying to speed them up / force turnovers, but I'd be worried about rebounding out of the 1-3-1.

I'm also not that certain Boise has to play slow.  They've played a bunch of teams that like playing slow so far this season which IMO has skewed the numbers a bit.  Last season with many of the same players, they played at an above average tempo.

I'm not a rocket scientist but I wonder if there's a correlation between their slow tempo (# of possessions in a game) and their rebounding percentages?? They're certainly better than I thought, my mistake there, but their rebounding #s could be skewed due to factors like competition and sample size of possessions aka if we run the tempo and double the # of possessions in the game, do they double their rebounding #s or do they not know how to handle it?? 

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet.  This game is a homecoming game for DeAndre Jones, so that's pretty cool:

https://www.bronconationnews.com/game-day-breakdown-saint-louis-6-1-at-boise-state-3-3/

Not to steal your thunder but it was mentioned in a different thread or a tweet, I saw it somewhere. Hoping that means a Billiken fan section - and a high production game from DJ. 

Pretty cool that he got to play his former school and in his hometown this nonconf. Gotta think that was a factor in his recruiting. 

23 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Thanks.

What's the Roku channel? Does anyone with a Roku have this? I don't know how any of this works...

I do know the Directv app does not carry Stadium so I need to find the game somehow. If I have to crash a stranger's house so be it:

NoCost-anza at his choosiest and beggariest in this episode. :  r/ChoosingBeggars

19 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Not to steal your thunder but it was mentioned in a different thread or a tweet, I saw it somewhere. Hoping that means a Billiken fan section - and a high production game from DJ. 

Pretty cool that he got to play his former school and in his hometown this nonconf. Gotta think that was a factor in his recruiting. 

To set the record straight for future historians reading this thread, he was born in Boise and went to high school there but did not play for Boise State.

I have direct tv but over a year ago I bought a local antenna from Best Buy & learned to hook it up.  It doesn’t stay up because I have to tape it to a window & my won’t let me leave it there 24/7.  

Anyway, it’s hooked up now & the guide shows 30-4 but the time is on eastern 🤔 & it shows Davidson playing someone at 7. 

we’ll see how this plays out.

18 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

I have direct tv but over a year ago I bought a local antenna from Best Buy & learned to hook it up.  It doesn’t stay up because I have to tape it to a window & my won’t let me leave it there 24/7.  

Anyway, it’s hooked up now & the guide shows 30-4 but the time is on eastern 🤔 & it shows Davidson playing someone at 7. 

we’ll see how this plays out.

Davidson plays at 7:00 eastern on Stadium, followed by SLU at 9:00 eastern. 

https://watchstadium.com/schedule/