GDT: SLU vs. SFA

17 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Nah

You prefer watching him Turn the ball over, or getting trapped? Big fan over here, but the last few minutes ain’t it.  Williams can also fill that role, and dribble better. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

We were favored by what 3-4 points? We win by 11, and are up 4-9 or so points most of the 2nd half and you’d have thought we played terribly. Yep it was an ugly physical poorly called game, in fact both games were but we won and won today by a lot more than the spread. 

While I agree with everything you say what makes me nervous is that the Bills looked terrible against the pressure SFA was applying. 
That isn’t going to work when they play more talented teams. 

Im glad they got the win but I would have like to have seen a lot more poise. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Who isn’t Dehydrated when going to Mexico 

Coach mentioned it. The concern is he has a history of cramping which caused him to miss a year.

My turn. Second half was not like the first half, they just could not make FGs. Bad news. Very physical, very dirty game with lots of uncalled contact, very poor refs, a drought on FGs and we won the game. Not only did we win but we went close to twice the Vegas line. We won this game on  defense and FTAs made. Amazing, a year ago who could have suspected that we would win a game with over 80% Field Goals made. Great effort, some people were off, but still great effort, great win.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

You prefer watching him Turn the ball over, or getting trapped? Big fan over here, but the last few minutes ain’t it.  Williams can also fill that role, and dribble better. 

You're probably right. I just prefer him out there for FTs and not coming cold off the bench.

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Who isn’t Dehydrated when going to Mexico 

Hate to say this but Fred was not dehydrated, he has mitochondrial myositis, a disease that does not go  away. I think he was pushing himself beyond his limit and started getting symptomatic once more.  This is not good, Fred cannot do this and expect to play a full season, not with the kind of disorder he has.

3 minutes ago, Compton said:

Bills first Q3 win this season. 5-1 in DI games halfway through the DI non-conference schedule, with the only loss to a Top 10 team. Great start. 

Right now Mercer is also a Q3 win. 

https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2022/team-net-sheet?team=Saint-Louis

Compton likes this

1 minute ago, billikens747 said:

You're probably right. I just prefer him out there for FTs and not coming cold off the bench.

More TO points given up than FTs made in that situation but, hey can’t change what you feel 

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

My turn. Second half was not like the first half, they just could not make FGs. Bad news. Very physical, very dirty game with lots of uncalled contact, very poor refs, a drought on FGs and we won the game. Not only did we win but we went close to twice the Vegas line. We won this game on  defense and FTAs made. Amazing, a year ago who could have suspected that we would win a game with over 80% Field Goals made. Great effort, some people were off, but still great effort, great win.

blah blah vegas blah blah blah blah blah blah vegas blah blah blah blah blah vegas blah blah blah............

billikenfan05 likes this

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Hate to say this but Fred was not dehydrated, he has mitochondrial myositis, a disease that does not go  away. I think he was pushing himself beyond his limit and started getting symptomatic once more.  This is not good, Fred cannot do this and expect to play a full season, not with the kind of disorder he has.

Maybe. I’m just making light of “being Dehydrated cause on vacation in Mexico”

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

That’s why they couldn’t put him back in late and why there’s some concern about it.

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

That’s why they couldn’t put him back in late and why there’s some concern about it.

Both you and old fraud might be correct or or might be talking out your assets...........neither of you have any freaking idea........both of you are just sad.......

dennis_w likes this

2 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Both you and old fraud might be correct or or might be talking out your assets...........neither of you have any freaking idea........both of you are just sad.......

Coach said on the post-game interview with Rammer & Earl that Thatch was dehydrated, and that that was the reason they couldn't play him as much as they would have liked to down the stretch. 

dlarry likes this

9 minutes ago, dlarry said:

While I agree with everything you say what makes me nervous is that the Bills looked terrible against the pressure SFA was applying. 
That isn’t going to work when they play more talented teams. 

Im glad they got the win but I would have like to have seen a lot more poise. 

I somewhat agree with the caveat that is pretty tough to stay composed when the game is allowed to be that physical. They were called for 24 fouls which was about 10-12 lite. 

Yuri had 6 turnovers but he was getting beat up pretty good. He also got doubled a couple of times and everyone just stood and watched. He lost quite a few assists also, 2 I can remember near the end where Linnsen got fouled and got to the line. He ended up with 11 points. If you get fouled and get to the line and make 2, you don’t get credit for a fg but you get the same 2 points. He was 7 of 8 from the line. While I agree it wasn’t a good game, it wasn’t as bad as its being made out to be. Jones was not pressured when running the point the same as Yuri was. And speaking of Jones, what a pass to end the half

16 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Didn’t Jerry have that in “The Parking Garage” episode?

thetorch likes this

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I somewhat agree with the caveat that is pretty tough to stay composed when the game is allowed to be that physical. They were called for 24 fouls which was about 10-12 lite. 

Yuri had 6 turnovers but he was getting beat up pretty good. He also got doubled a couple of times and everyone just stood and watched. He lost quite a few assists also, 2 I can remember near the end where Linnsen got fouled and got to the line. He ended up with 11 points. If you get fouled and get to the line and make 2, you don’t get credit for a fg but you get the same 2 points. He was 7 of 8 from the line. While I agree it wasn’t a good game, it wasn’t as bad as its being made out to be. Jones was not pressured when running the point the same as Yuri was. And speaking of Jones, what a pass to end the half

Our Bully Ball teams before this year would have made that game more physical than the average MMA fight card.

38 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

LOL, you’re the worst poster on the board and seem to not know sh!t about much. Are you a healthcare professional? Did you listen to the postgame? If not, then STFU.

TheA_Bomb and slu72 like this

The negativity in these threads is crazy to me. We just won two neutral site games against real opponents. Don’t get me wrong, there are many areas we can improve on. But I’m ecstatic to be 6-1 right now. We lost our best player and have responded in a really positive manner. Roll bills.

7 hours ago, NH said:

The negativity in these threads is crazy to me. We just won two neutral site games against real opponents. Don’t get me wrong, there are many areas we can improve on. But I’m ecstatic to be 6-1 right now. We lost our best player and have responded in a really positive manner. Roll bills.

Saying it louder for the people in the back.