GDT: vs Illinois State (Cancun Challenge)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slu72 said:

Just glad this cluster eff is over. I don’t know what we learned tonight. 

The take home lesson from this game is “Wake the fuock up.”

Four guys score ten or more.

Thought we looked bad offensively, but still scored 82.

I like tough games like this early on to prepare is for conference play.

Remember that power conference teams and A-10 teams are losing these games left and right.  Be happy that we are not.

rgbilliken likes this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I’m happy with the win. We lost plenty of those type of games in the past

Agreed. Any time we can get a win away from Chaifetz I’m happy. We were 2-6 away from home last year. This group needs experience winning these types of games.

Adman likes this

Williams has not shot the ball well the little bit he has played tonight so probably didn't matter which one was in.  The thing that bothered me all game was that IL State really went after rebounds and 50/50 balls.  Not sure what our problem was but we clearly were out hustled tonight.  How many 11 point leads do you have that you just seem to disappear and not only let them back in but twice I believe we found ourselves behind.  Tomorrow this team better come to play or else they will get what Buffalo got.  

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Hats off to ISU for mucking it up and forcing the ref to make a call and to Reeves for lighting up every Billiken that tried to guard him.  Nesbitt is talented enough to be money down the stretch even when he's learning on the job.  We were lucky to get out of this one alive. 

Why did Ford remove Nesbitt at crunch time? Please don’t say “defense.” Nesbitt won the game for us in the second half. An ISU friend was impressed with Nesbitt.