GDT: vs Illinois State (Cancun Challenge)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois St.'s five starters average 77 points per game. They average 84.2 total points per game. They have 9 players getting 11 or more minutes per game but their production is pretty limited to their starting five. 

Our fast pace and depth oughta run them out of the gym, especially if we can get anyone in foul trouble. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wouldn’t the championship be played at 7:30 and not 5 tomorrow? 

interesting, when I go to their website and click schedule it shows later games, but on the main portion of the site it says:

MBB / Nov 24 / 12:30 p.m. ET
TBA logo
TBA

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I can't believe nobody has dropped an ice cube reference.  Our last time playing in this tournament it was all the rage.

OK, by popular request, here it goes: "Mexican Ice Cubes of doom." When in Mexico, the Mexican ice cubes should be avoided, perhaps not in the Cancun resorts (these are supposed to have extensive filtering and water purification systems), but everywhere else. The cubes are generally made with tap water (when intended for the local market) and can result in bad cases of Monctezuma's Revenge. Stick to beer, bottled water, wine, burgers with fries, and steaks when in Mexico. I have been in the area many times primarily for scuba diving, and always carried a "just in case" Cipro (antibiotic) prescription with me when I went there. Mexico City, like St. Petersburg (ex Leningrad, home of the Hermitage) in Russia, are well known to be particularly bad cities for these GI run cases caused by tainted tap water because both cities were built long ago upon drained wetlands. They have unstable sub soils and ancient sewer and water systems which tend to leak.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

The games are aired on CBSSN. By the way Stadium TV is free if you have ROKU. That’s the network airing the Boise St game. 

If anyone still uses a regular antenna, Stadium is on "over the air" station in the St. Louis area, KDNLDT4 channel 30.4.

Note - this is for the Boise State game on 11/30 NOT for the game tonight.

2 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Any free stream for this? I've gotten spoiled with ESPN+.

for previous cbs sporting events, i have went to cbssports.com and clicked on the event in question and been able to watch on my computer by simply putting in my directtv credentials.   not saying this will work for tonight's game, but if you have no other options check it out.   i know i have been able to watch ncaa tourney games and the masters by doing this at work.  

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

for previous cbs sporting events, i have went to cbssports.com and clicked on the event in question and been able to watch on my computer by simply putting in my directtv credentials.   not saying this will work for tonight's game, but if you have no other options check it out.   i know i have been able to watch ncaa tourney games and the masters by doing this at work.  

It's those persnickety Direct TV credentials that many of us lack........we need @Go_Bills and his merry band of internet pirates......

Just now, Billiken Rich said:

It's those persnickety Direct TV credentials that many of us lack........we need @Go_Bills and his merry band of internet pirates......

i dont think if i remember correctly it was restricted to direct tv.   other sources like spectrum, dish, etc were included.   

20 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

If anyone still uses a regular antenna, Stadium is on "over the air" station in the St. Louis area, KDNLDT4 channel 30.4.

Note - this is for the Boise State game on 11/30 NOT for the game tonight.

it also on Plutotv. heretofore I thought they had no live sports. will have to tune in and see :)

28 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Some of us cut all of those cords.....

i'm not techy enough to do that.   and i sure as hell couldnt live without some sort of connection to the media world beyond the very few area antenna stations.  if you have, i admire your strength.  

1 hour ago, rgbilliken said:

Maybe try a free trial of YouTube TV? I think they have CBSSports

I just signed up for a free 7-day trial of Fubo TV, which carries CBSSN. I was able to set it to record our game tonightand tomorrow's games so should be able to watch again later in addition to live.