SLU/Loyola Series History

Brighton

5 hours ago, Brighton said:

Not even close.

All time series is 22-24.  We have been playing Loyola since 1917.  Our last 15 games in the series we are 12-3.

Let's talk about that 1990 MCC conf tourney loss. What the hell happened there? Grawer apologists take notes.

Per the Post Dispatch (staff report, no named reporter), there were players who broke curfew but Grawer didn't discipline them and just played everybody after losing games earlier in the year after benching players

http://timday.net/slu-1990-loyola.jpg

Who was there? Who remembers? This is how Bonner went out. The NIT is a joke. Why did this season go so wrong?

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Let's talk about that 1990 MCC conf tourney loss. What the hell happened there? Grawer apologists take notes.

Per the Post Dispatch (staff report, no named reporter), there were players who broke curfew but Grawer didn't discipline them and just played everybody after losing games earlier in the year after benching players

http://timday.net/slu-1990-loyola.jpg

Who was there? Who remembers? This is how Bonner went out. The NIT is a joke. Why did this season go so wrong?

Where was Kevin Footes in that game?  He did not play everyone.

Footes was always in the Grawer dog house.

1-11 3 point shooting versus 10-24 for Loyola is hard to beat.

I don’t remember that game but in the first round NIT game Footes did not play and I sat near the bench and yelled at coach Grawer where is Footes.

I liked coach Grawer, he got me interested in SLU basketball.  I was a big Norm Stewart fan but SLU and Grawer changed me for the better.

For those of us that remember SLU before Grawer can appreciate that coach Grawer brought back interest in the program.

dennis_w likes this

11 hours ago, CBFan said:

I don’t remember that game but in the first round NIT game Footes did not play and I sat near the bench and yelled at coach Grawer where is Footes.

I liked coach Grawer, he got me interested in SLU basketball.  I was a big Norm Stewart fan but SLU and Grawer changed me for the better.

For those of us that remember SLU before Grawer can appreciate that coach Grawer brought back interest in the program.

No Footes and No Duff and they shot 1-11 from 3. No mention of either in the post article. It's almost like post dispatch mailed it in as much as the team.

Digging further, Duff had been out with mono and/or other injuries for a while. Footes was suspended for final games of the season that included Bonner's 45 point game at Loyola, Senior Night vs Marquette, and a 87-83 loss at Evansville to close out the regular season.

12 hours ago, CBFan said:

grawer saved billiken basketball, little support from the admin.

CBFan, SLU_Lax, brianstl and 1 other like this