Cancun Challenge

Anyone else planning to go to the games in Cancun?  I will be close by in Mexico during that time and am trying to make it to a game or 2.  Was wondering how others were getting tickets.  Currently the only options I'm seeing is 200$ a person for one day (4 games) or 350$ for both days of games.  Wish I could just buy tickets for the SLU games.

11 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

So no one else gonna be there? Would at least like to drink with some bills fans before the game

Not sure about Old Guy but when I drink alone,  I prefer to be by myself.

26 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

More importantly, this is an opportunity to create new Bills fans. Be a Billikenbassador.

Senior year spring break some friends and I were in Cabo at the bar cheering on SLU beating Memphis at the NCAA tourney. We had everyone at the bar into the game. I like to think we created some new fans...

The Cancun Challenge and SLU. Two games to be played. First one against IL State (241 Team Rankings), and the second against either Buffalo (74 Team Rankings) or Stephen F Austin (206 Team Rankings). I already did an  analysis of the prior performance of IL State compared to the Vegas line and found them to be inconsistent with two wins and two losses. IL State has gone under the Vegas line in every single game they have played so far. Not a good team, I think we should win this one.

The opponents to the second game are Buffalo (74 Team Rankings) or Stephen F. Austin (206 Team Rankings). Buffalo is good, they have played 3 games with a Vegas line and lost one (against Michigan 17 as per Team Rankings). Every single game played by Buffalo they went over the Vegas line, including the game with Michigan. Good team, will be tough to beat. Stephen F. Austin, they have played two games with a Vegas line. One loss (against SD St 81 as per Team Rankings)and one win against Mid TN (253 as per Team Rankings). They went below the line by 10 pts against Michigan and 23.4 over the line against Mid TN. We should be able to beat SF Austin.

SLU is 54 as per Team Rankings. We have won 3 games and lost 1. The Harris Stowe game had no Vegas line. The game we lost was Memphis (17 when we played them) and went under the line by 5.4 pts. The other games (against lesser ranking opponents) have been won over the line.

I think the tough game will be against Buffalo, assuming we get to play them. The Vegas line will be indicative of what the street expects to see. I think the game with Buffalo will be 50-50 with fairly equal opponents. That is the way it looks to me. I think others may have different opinions.

@BuiltFordBills I'm not certain who is traveling with the team as far as media, but reach out to Stu and see if he is going. I remember him traveling to Brooklyn in 2020 and getting dinner and drinks with a variety of people before it was announced canceled and everyone returned home.  

BuiltFordBills likes this

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I still don’t fully understand Mexican geography but I think Cancun is in Riviera Maya, which is in Quintana Roo

Riviera Maya is like a suburb of Cancun. Maybe 30 minutes from downtown Cancun. If you are looking to vacation there the area is more sedate and less built up. 

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

@BuiltFordBills I'm not certain who is traveling with the team as far as media, but reach out to Stu and see if he is going. I remember him traveling to Brooklyn in 2020 and getting dinner and drinks with a variety of people before it was announced canceled and everyone returned home.  

@BuiltFordBills looks like Earl is down there already and I imagine he'd be a great person to have a beer and conversation with.  

The big touristy hub is Cancun, Riviera Maya is more Mexican and less touristy. If you are looking for things to do other than basketball and drinking, there are Mayan city ruins and ways to get to see them. Interesting stuff (Tulum and Chichenitza), and the scuba diving is great (Riviera Maya and Cozumel).

best resort i have ever been to is the secrets maroma beach resort in the riviera maya.   just beautiful in every way.  

18 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Xel Ha, Tulum, Chichen Itza and Isla Mujares.  All highly recommended.  Qunitana Rood is to Cancun what Missouri is to St. Louis.

If anyone takes the ferry to Isla Mujeres, do Playa Norte.  It literally translates to North Beach.  Amazing beach with tons of inexpensive beach clubs.  You can walk about 100 yards out into the water at waist level.