Around the A10

brianstl

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Don't know who this guy is, but something to talk about besides vaccines and penalty kicks.

we have a guy in the conference named "Chuba"?   that alone might be a reason to get out of the A10

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Jimerson is technically a freshman and Nesbitt would technically be a second year freshman.

I think what he is talking about, is including only incoming freshmen..first semester playing college ball.  But I could be wrong.  Jimerson has played in 50 college basketball games and as we know a 'third year' freshman.  I think he's saying the A10 shouldn't include him or any other multiple year freshmen on for All-freshmen list. But the A10 will do what they want to do.

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I think what he is talking about, is including only incoming freshmen..first semester playing college ball.  But I could be wrong.  Jimerson has played in 50 college basketball games and as we know a 'third year' freshman.  I think he's saying the A10 shouldn't include him or any other multiple year freshmen on for All-freshmen list.

I figured that what he was talking about.  I was just pointing out that you don’t just have second year freshman.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Fordham has a pulse this year.  Perhaps, just maybe, they avoid the Pillow Fight?

Not sure if it's Fordham (who will likely be .500 on December 31) having a pulse or just that there could be a lot of really bad A10 teams this year, but either way, they might not play on Wednesday!

54 minutes ago, Compton said:

Not sure if it's Fordham (who will likely be .500 on December 31) having a pulse or just that there could be a lot of really bad A10 teams this year, but either way, they might not play on Wednesday!

It's really disappointing because this should be a really good year overall for the A10 with Fordham just bad instead of atrociously bad.  How many years in the past has the A10 been a really good conference if you excluded the 5,000 anchor of Fordham's 250+ ranking weighing the down?  This season, teams that are in the past were okay to good (St Joes & GW) or okay to mediocre (LaSalle & Duquesne) are all really bad.

Compton likes this

Four A10 teams have NET’s worse than Fordham’s, 3 significantly worse. So it is within the realm of possibility, perhaps even probability, that Fordham avoids the A10 PIG.  I'm not saying with certainty that Fordham PIG avoidance is going to happen, but it does seem more possible than in the past.  PIG avoidance would be an incremental stepping stone for Fordham.  That 158 NET so far is definite progress under rookie HC Kyle Neptune.

A10 NET’s:  Davidson 51, SLU 68, St. Bona 69, VCU 80, URI 86, Richmond 101, Dayton 107, Mason 131, UMass 142, Fordham 158, St. Joe’s 196, LaSalle 253, Duquesne 272, GW 275.

3 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

St. Bona plays UConn Saturday at 3:30 p.m Eastern on ESPN2 at the Prudential Center in Newark.  That's an opportunity for the A10 to get a big BE neutral court scalp.  Go Bonnies!

-for me the best part of a Bonnie win tomorrow is that it would be against Hurley, the rest is icing and ice cream on the cake

Uconn currently favored by 4.  No Lofton.  St. Joe's (-1) hosting Temple on Hawk Hill.  Temple is 6 and 3, the Joey's currently 5 and 4.  Duquense (-4.5) hosting New Hampshire.  Duquesne is 3 and 7; New Hampshire is 4 and 3.   La Salle (-2) hosting Penn.  La Salle is 4 and 4 while Penn is 3 and 9.  The Bonnies are 8 and 1 while Uconn is 8 and 2.  Umass (+4.5 is at North Texas.  Umass is 6 and 4 while North Texas is 4 and 3.  We've of course got Boston College at 6 and 3 and are listed as 8 point favorites.  Toledo (+9.5) is at Richmond.  Toledo is 7 and 2 while Richmond is 5 and 4.  Finally, VCU goes crosstwon to Old Dominion.  VCU (-^) is 5 and 4 while ODI is 5 and 5.

23 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

A10 NET’s:  Davidson 51, SLU 68, St. Bona 69, VCU 80, URI 86, Richmond 101, Dayton 107, Mason 131, UMass 142, Fordham 158, St. Joe’s 196, LaSalle 253, Duquesne 272, GW 275.

The team that runs the table in Washington in March will be the only one dancing this year. I don't think you will see much movement on the above through conference time.  Awful year for the A10 with 3 plus 250s with no top 25 team.

4 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

Dayton has a chance for a huge win against V-Tech. Up huge. V-Tech in the 30s in NET and KenPom. This is a huge boost for Dayton. Davidson about to close out Northeastern on the road. 

VTech is overrated at this point. Watched then lose by 19 at home to Wake. They’ve got Keve Aluma and a bunch of role players. Still a good win for Dayton but I’m expecting Tech to drop considerably before the year is out.