Around the A10

brianstl

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Clemson just pissed that lead away —— Bonnie’s now up one or two.  I don’t know if I’d credit Bonnie defense or Clemson going incredibly cold and missing open shots.

Stopped getting PJ Hall the ball

It's going to be so sweet to beat these mfers

22 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Kind of embarrassing to see the Bonnie’s being that kind of fan crowd to Charleston. Looks like no one is home in the Enchanted Mountains right now.  They’re all in SC.

I’ve been to some CofC games there. Bonnie fans are making way more noise. I guess STB FANS travel well. It’s 800 miles from the North Pole to C’ton. Same as St Louis. I wonder how we’d do? I’ll be there so that’s 1 and I can get loud. 

7 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Bonnie’s are who I said they are.  Osunniyi has no offensive game.  Putbacks.  Tips.  A few dunks.  Welch too streaky.  Two or three air balls from three.  Holmes is not as good as he thinks he is.  The real key is Adaway.  He sparks them.  Lofton is okay and a good PG.  I just don’t see him scoring much.

Coulibaly threw up a shot and got yanked. Brown a non-factor.  Adams came in with less than a minute left.  Let Schmidt grind them into the ground. 

They also find a way to win games.  They turn basketball into a war of attrition.  It's not aesthetically pleasing basketball but it works for them.

https://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thread/17725/bonnie-fans

Just scroll down on the post to the twitter post of the rabid Brown Indian fans.

Good teams find ways to Win!

I HOPE this will be a good game for Bonas vs Marquette. Looks as if the fans from both schools have shown up for the game.

PRIDE - for a small Franciscan University - this means more than you could even imagine. 

Go Bonnies

29 minutes ago, brownindians said:

https://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thread/17725/bonnie-fans

Just scroll down on the post to the twitter post of the rabid Brown Indian fans.

Good teams find ways to Win!

I HOPE this will be a good game for Bonas vs Marquette. Looks as if the fans from both schools have shown up for the game.

PRIDE - for a small Franciscan University - this means more than you could even imagine. 

Go Bonnies

That’s a crazy amount of fans. How can a safety school like St. Bona have such fan support?

14 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

That’s a crazy amount of fans. How can a safety school like St. Bona have such fan support?

I think they’re like Dayton fans. Only game in town so the whole community becomes fans. But that was an impressive contingent. I wonder if SLU would travel that well to Charleston.  I would hope so as Charleston is a destination spot for the whole family. 

I don’t think there’s any doubt that the Bonnies are a good team, but it’s hard for me to buy them as the overwhelming favorite in the A10 until they actually start showing up before the game is 75% over. You can only get away with that for so long before it comes back to bite you.

My fear is that we are quickly losing Q1 potential games in conference.  Both St. Bonnie games should be Q1 potential, but after that we are looking at only a handful of away games.  To be a Home Q1 game, the visitor needs to ranked in the top 30.  It doesn't look like any A10 opponent outside of St. B will fill that criteria.

The possibility of the A10 being a one bid league this season is on the horizon.

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

My fear is that we are quickly losing Q1 potential games in conference.  Both St. Bonnie games should be Q1 potential, but after that we are looking at only a handful of away games.  To be a Home Q1 game, the visitor needs to ranked in the top 30.  It doesn't look like any A10 opponent outside of St. B will fill that criteria.

The possibility of the A10 being a one bid league this season is on the horizon.

I mean, did we really expect any A10 teams other than Bona to be top-30 NET teams to begin with? I think @Boise St, Auburn, Drake on a neutral site, @Bona, @Mason, home against Bona, @Davidson, @Richmond, @Rhodey all at least the potential to be Quad 1 games. We’ve got plenty of quality matchups this year. We’ve just gotta win them.

20 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I mean, did we really expect any A10 teams other than Bona to be top-30 NET teams to begin with? I think @Boise St, Auburn, Drake on a neutral site, @Bona, @Mason, home against Bona, @Davidson, @Richmond, @Rhodey all at least the potential to be Quad 1 games. We’ve got plenty of quality matchups this year. We’ve just gotta win them.

Richmond was ranked very high preseason. Now they will be borderline Q1. Time will tell. Davidson will have to pick it up to get us a Q1 game at their house. 

Our Q1 possible A10 games HAVE taken a hit. 

37 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Richmond was ranked very high preseason. Now they will be borderline Q1. Time will tell. Davidson will have to pick it up to get us a Q1 game at their house. 

Our Q1 possible A10 games HAVE taken a hit. 

Oh for sure. The A10 outside of really Bona, SLU and maybe Mason has been awful so far. I’m just saying if we take care of our business, we’re gonna be in good shape. We just can’t step on any A10 land mines, and unfortunately for us, the Arch Baron Cup games this year could absolutely be land mines.

I have been looking at IL State vs SLU. IL State has played 4 games so far and of these they have lost 2 and won 2. Every single game IL State has played this season  they have come below the Vegas line win or lose. SLU has played 5 games so far, won 4 and lost 1. There was no Vegas line for the Harris Stowe game. For the remaining 4 games we have been over the Vegas line 3 times, and below the line (Memphis) 1 time.

Extending this to St. Bona, they have played 4 games, won all four. As far as the Vegas line goes, St. Bona has been over the Vegas line 2 times and under the Vegas line 2 times.

I think we should win over IL State without much trouble. The next SLU game will be against Boise St. and this game should be interesting because St. Bona beat them 11/18 by 6 pts (2.5 over the Vegas line). It will be interesting to see what the Vegas line is for this game, who wins, and by how much.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I have been looking at IL State vs SLU. IL State has played 4 games so far and of these they have lost 2 and won 2. Every single game IL State has played this season  they have come below the Vegas line win or lose. SLU has played 5 games so far, won 4 and lost 1. There was no Vegas line for the Harris Stowe game. For the remaining 4 games we have been over the Vegas line 3 times, and below the line (Memphis) 1 time.

Extending this to St. Bona, they have played 4 games, won all four. As far as the Vegas line goes, St. Bona has been over the Vegas line 2 times and under the Vegas line 2 times.

I think we should win over IL State without much trouble. The next SLU game will be against Boise St. and this game should be interesting because St. Bona beat them 11/18 by 6 pts (2.5 over the Vegas line). It will be interesting to see what the Vegas line is for this game, who wins, and by how much.

If the game were played today on a neutral court, Bills would be favored by 2.