Around the A10

brianstl

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davidson is Davidson.  It is a four man game or less at times.  Yesterday Mennenga took the night off and davidson's vaunted bench scored a lone bucket in support.  Meanwhile, after beating Duquesne at the new Palumbo Center, Weber State went to St. Petersburg, FL, to the Jersey Mike's Classic and down Umass 88 to 73.  I'd say the feel good vibes of beating Penn State at home were somewhat illusionary for the Minutemen.

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Davidson is Davidson.  It is a four man game or less at times.  Yesterday Mennenga took the night off and davidson's vaunted bench scored a lone bucket in support.  Meanwhile, after beating Duquesne at the new Palumbo Center, Weber State went to St. Petersburg, FL, to the Jersey Mike's Classic and down Umass 88 to 73.  I'd say the feel good vibes of beating Penn State at home were somewhat illusionary for the Minutemen.

Penn State basketball is awful. Who thought that was a good win?

STB’s cold. Check out the Bonnie fan with the Beer Mug hat. One thing STB’s does well is get back on D. But u wonder if their 5 are playing 35 mpg, how are they going to be in Feb and Mar. We saw that happen to us with in 2013-14 with Rick’s boys; tired and nicked up. 

Bonnie’s are who I said they are.  Osunniyi has no offensive game.  Putbacks.  Tips.  A few dunks.  Welch too streaky.  Two or three air balls from three.  Holmes is not as good as he thinks he is.  The real key is Adaway.  He sparks them.  Lofton is okay and a good PG.  I just don’t see him scoring much.

Coulibaly threw up a shot and got yanked. Brown a non-factor.  Adams came in with less than a minute left.  Let Schmidt grind them into the ground. 

Bonaventure reminds me a lot of our 2013-2014 team. Physically strong, elite half court defense, balanced scoring, no depth and play at a very slow pace.

The problem is that they don’t have a closer like Jordair Jett or an iso scorer as good as Evans was in the post. They need to figure out something ASAP if they want to live up to their preseason hype.

43 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

could y'all imagine the takes coming from us if we were down double digits at half, in a neutral site game, against an unranked (probably soon to be ranked, though) opponent, with the "best team" our school has ever had?? Thoughts and prayers to their message board.

You could probably find quite a few of those takes last year here.