Other College Basketball Games 2021-22

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone Cold Lead  Pipe Lock

8 point spread for Texas over KSU.

KSU only 7 players maybe no Bruce Webber.  

My only concern is UT waited until today to travel because game was just a go as of this morning. 

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Oh wow, that certainly seems like easy $. I’ll be tracking it to see how it plays out. And if Kansas State covers I’ll edit this post and call you a moron for being wrong. I was looking at their roster earlier in the season, I had forgotten how many big time transfers Texas added, could be an interesting team to track the rest of the way as guys settle into roles.

11 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Oh wow, that certainly seems like easy $. I’ll be tracking it to see how it plays out. And if Kansas State covers I’ll edit this post and call you a moron for being wrong. I was looking at their roster earlier in the season, I had forgotten how many big time transfers Texas added, could be an interesting to track the rest of the way as guys settle into roles.

Yeah Disu (SEC leading rebounder for 2020) is just getting into the rotation after recovery from an injury.   Texas has trouble scoring but the Defense is legit.  They've played a weak schedule so far (except Zaga and SHU) but B12 is going to be tough with ISU emergence.

51 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

My only concern is UT waited until today to travel because game was just a go as of this morning. 

-when MB gave his locks he didn't have concerns

slufanskip likes this

55 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

6 scholarship players, 1 walk-on.

No Bruce Weber or Chris Lowery.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah Disu (SEC leading rebounder for 2020) is just getting into the rotation after recovery from an injury.   Texas has trouble scoring but the Defense is legit.  They've played a weak schedule so far (except Zaga and SHU) but B12 is going to be tough with ISU emergence.

You are spot on with regards to offense struggling to score, trailing 35-29 at the half. Andrew Jones is out for Texas which is certainly a key piece. Still pretty wild Kansas State finds themselves leading this one most of the way in the opening half. Good reminder for me to never bet!

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

You are spot on with regards to offense struggling to score, trailing 35-29 at the half. Andrew Jones is out for Texas which is certainly a key piece. Still pretty wild Kansas State finds themselves leading this one most of the way in the opening half. Good reminder for me to never bet!

This would be terrible.  But they can wear KSt down so we'll see.  Beard is a good coach.   Damn good thing I don't bet

11 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

70-57 beat the spread, like I said stone cold lead pipe lock

way closer than the score indicated

In a weird twist KSU’s football benefited last night from playing a depleted LSU squad who I believe by kickoff last night was down 37 players and 0 scholarship quarterbacks.

VCU (+3) is a go tonight at Dayton on cbssn at 7EST/6CST per the Dayton Daily news.  VCU hasn't played since 12/15.  Elsewhere, Dasvidson go to Hagan to take on the Joeys (+4.5).  And Umass (+10) is at Richmond.  Both of these game on ESPN+ starting same time as VCU/Dayton.  

Let's see how well our one at-large pic does against our auto qualifier (per Lunardi) tonight.  That seems like a large spread for Umass if you ask me.

6 hours ago, Taj79 said:

VCU (+3) is a go tonight at Dayton on cbssn at 7EST/6CST per the Dayton Daily news.  VCU hasn't played since 12/15.  Elsewhere, Dasvidson go to Hagan to take on the Joeys (+4.5).  And Umass (+10) is at Richmond.  Both of these game on ESPN+ starting same time as VCU/Dayton.  

Let's see how well our one at-large pic does against our auto qualifier (per Lunardi) tonight.  That seems like a large spread for Umass if you ask me.

-if Mooney wants to keep his job I agree

I doubt Lunardi mentions St. Joe's again this season as part of his "bracketology" bullshite.  The Joeys couldn't cover Foster Loyer.  Of curse, the Joey's couldn't cover any Davidson starter.  All in double digits with Brajkovic low man at 11.  Only two points off Davidson bench however.  I think Billy Lange is done on Hawk Hill come Spring.  

Umass covered the spread losing by 8.  They were down 23 right before a five point flurry before half.  They cut it to six with just over a minute to play but Richmond wasn't really playing by that point.  Gilyard, Burton, Cayo and (surprise) Sherod all in double figures.

VCU/Dayton was an exhibition in athletic talent with no real basketball skills.  VCU was 7 of 21 from distance; Dayton countered with 3 of 15.  DaRon Holmes is great ---- provided he dunks the ball.  Three made shots; all dunks.  Malachi Smith is great provided he can shoot layups.  Only 3 of 6 from there but even anlayst Chris Walker dared him to shoot.  Overplay him to his right.  And he's out of control most times.  Another strong bench exists at Dayton --- three points all from Brea on an and-one.  What has happened to Zimi Nwokeji?  Amzil continues to suck this year.  VCU's only scorer is Vince Williams.  The Rams were without Levi Stockard and Jayden Nunn due to COVID protocols.  Tsohonis appears to be a transfer bust and while Baldwin made the winning shot, he was zip for three from distance before squaring up with 6.6 ticks to go.  Willimas got knocked to the ground as the play developed so it was Ace or bust.  Truly a game where no one really won except the clock expired.

7 hours ago, lquarles said:

@Taj79and yet VCU and Dayton are still winning games, and will beat SLU. Again. 

as reliable as haley's comet.  quarrleis shows up to troll the billiken board.  he alone has made me hate all VCU fans. 

i watched most of the vcu dayton game.   i was impressed with the athletes for both.   however as the stats show, neither particularly good shooters.   ironic that a 3 pointer at the end won the game. 

it was disgusting to see the fouls not being called.   VCU shooting their first free throw almost at game end was terrible. 

25 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i watched most of the vcu dayton game.   i was impressed with the athletes for both.   however as the stats show, neither particularly good shooters.   ironic that a 3 pointer at the end won the game. 

it was disgusting to see the fouls not being called.   VCU shooting their first free throw almost at game end was terrible. 

Grant should be skewered for not fouling at the end with 2 fouls to give. 

billiken_roy likes this