Other College Basketball Games 2021-22

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

I wish our admin of years past had a win at all cost approach to athletics, because we probably would be in the Big East today.

i hope SLU never prioritizes winning over running a proud clean program that will not cheat, will not minimize academics and develops great young men off the court as well as on the court.   

winning does not eliminate the above.   a team can have it both.

as to the BoT, their job is to give the athletic department the resources to win.   their involvement beyond that should be at a very minimum.  

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i hope SLU never prioritizes winning over running a proud clean program that will not cheat, will not minimize academics and develops great young men off the court as well as on the court.   

as to the BoT, their job is to give the athletic department the resources to win.   their involvement beyond that should be at a very minimum.  

Roy aren't you being inconsistent here? Weren't you all over the BOT for not being involved in the situation? I totally agree with your above statement. 

4 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

It’s more about a general disdain for the program and the university as a whole. How they sold their soul to the devil (Calipari) and have a win-at-all-cost mentality. They are a public school Dayton. Their fans believe their feces are void of odor and they root for players they probably wouldn’t hold the door for en route to Sunday brunch at the Peabody.

Are you saying that Dayton is a public school? They are not they are a Marianist school like the Chaminade HS in St. Louis.

Lando Griffin likes this

1 minute ago, willie said:

Roy aren't you being inconsistent here? Weren't you all over the BOT for not being involved in the situation? I totally agree with your above statement. 

No exactly the opposite.   The BoT was very involved in the situation and sided with the wrong people in charge of that circus.    If anything if the BoT was going to be involved, they should have at minimum punished everyone concerned equally.  Instead they allowed the situation leader and instigator to get off scott free and only punished our players.  

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

No exactly the opposite.   The BoT was very involved in the situation and sided with the wrong people in charge of that circus.    If anything if the BoT was going to be involved, they should have at minimum punished everyone concerned equally.  Instead they allowed the situation leader and instigator to get off scott free and only punished our players.  

I am not sure where you have gotten your information. I know a couple of BOT members and they have told me that had nothing to do with the outcome. Strictly university process. I was critical to them that they should have been involved. 

12 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Are you saying that Dayton is a public school? They are not they are a Marianist school like the Chaminade HS in St. Louis.

Come on. He's saying they act like Dayton (in regards to how above us all they think they are) but are a public school. Gee whiz.

18 minutes ago, willie said:

I am not sure where you have gotten your information. I know a couple of BOT members and they have told me that had nothing to do with the outcome. Strictly university process. I was critical to them that they should have been involved. 

maybe not officially, but i was told (granted third party) that members of the BoT were definitely consulted.  

regardless thus the reason for my comment on the thread you originally responded to.   

Belmont leading 9-1 Chattanooga in the 2nd half..

K C Hankton listed as a junior on Chattanooga 's roster..Looked like his is averaging 5 ppg

5 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

If nominated, I will not run.

If elected I will not serve.

Not that anyone is clamoring for my input on anything......

Man William Tecumseh Sherman has some amazing quotes.  My favorite other than the above is:

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast"

Love the guy........

brianstl and Lando Griffin like this

On 12/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, billiken_roy said:

Disagree. I want a university the basketball team can be proud of.

For The Wiz, if he sees this in time:

Ms. BAB and I are headed to The City by the Bay, Ms. BAB's hometown, for this afternoon's matinee matchup between the SIUC Salukis and the USF Dons.  Game time is 2 p.m. Pacific, 4 p.m. Central. 

Wiz, do you have time to give us a line, just for fun and tracking purposes?

This time I told Ms. BAB in advance to not wear maroon, as she once unwittingly wore the deepest purple to a USF home game vs. Portland (purple).

Although my Mom and Dad's hard earned Illinois taxpayer dollars went to fund that school in Carbondale, we have to support our Jesuit brethren from The City, whose patron saint is St. Francis of Assisi, 11-1, NET 33, in this one.

https://usfdons.com/news/2021/12/21/mens-basketball-back-home-to-face-siu.aspx

Evidently, the game is still ON.  This game is my consolation prize for the lost trip/cancelled game in Las Vegas, where the Billikens were to play Drake in the rodeo arena.  I am wearing my Billiken blue SLU jacket to this game.  I was once stopped at a USF game wearing that jacket by a USF Season Ticket holder lady who told me her mother was Fr. Reinert's secretary at SLU.

10 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

For The Wiz, if he sees this in time:

Ms. BAB and I are headed to The City by the Bay, Ms. BAB's hometown, for this afternoon's matinee matchup between the SIUC Salukis and the USF Dons.  Game time is 2 p.m. Pacific, 4 p.m. Central. 

Wiz, do you have time to give us a line, just for fun and tracking purposes?

This time I told Ms. BAB in advance to not wear maroon, as she once unwittingly wore the deepest purple to a USF home game vs. Portland (purple).

Although my Mom and Dad's hard earned Illinois taxpayer dollars went to fund that school in Carbondale, we have to support our Jesuit brethren from The City, whose patron saint is St. Francis of Assisi, 11-1, NET 33, in this one.

https://usfdons.com/news/2021/12/21/mens-basketball-back-home-to-face-siu.aspx

Evidently, the game is still ON.  This game is my consolation prize for the lost trip/cancelled game in Las Vegas, where the Billikens were to play Drake in the rodeo arena.  I am wearing my Billiken blue SLU jacket to this game.  I was once stopped at a USF game wearing that jacket by a USF Season Ticket holder lady who told me her mother was Fr. Reinert's secretary at SLU.

Sorry I didn't see your post in time....I had USF by 10.....

USF Chance to Dance...53%....does not include the SIU game...but it will not change much with the SF win....USF did what it was supposed to do...

Interestingly enough ...I ran some additional numbers ....If USF had played The Bills in Vegas....the game would have been even