Other College Basketball Games 2021-22

9 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

# 4 UCLA 67 @ Marquette 56, in a game UCLA led 33-10.

OMG the Bruins must have got sloppy at the end.  They won but Marquette is not a top tier team.  Just kidding - my point is when you have a big lead it is not uncommon for the team with the big lead to let up.  This is in reference to the GDT BC thread not to you.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I know it hurts the Bills but I do get a little enjoyment out of watching Memphis implode.

Nesbitt has to feel validated about his decision to leave that dumpster fire.  Penny's horrendous locker room management makes me feel better about the rumblings / rumors of Nesbitt having issues.  It's seems pretty clear now that Penny is the one with issues.

That being said, I do hope for the sake of our resume that they turn it around & start playing like a top 10 team.

This Memphis win does not surprise me. They are a different team at home vs. on the road, which is pretty common for teams that rely on young players or guys who haven’t played together much. I wouldn’t want to face Memphis in the FedEx Forum, but I am guessing they will still have some disappointing performances away from home.

They did a better job of sharing the ball, but I still think their lack of a point guard was glaring. 

All of Penny Hardaway’s Memphis teams have been really good defensively, and I thought they showed flashes of being an elite defensive team this evening. 

Im still a little confused on why so many on this board seem to dislike or root against Penny Hardaway as a coach. It seems to me that his biggest sin is not recruiting a point guard, but otherwise is a generally stand-up guy. 

17 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Nesbitt has to feel validated about his decision to leave that dumpster fire.  Penny's horrendous locker room management makes me feel better about the rumblings / rumors of Nesbitt having issues.  It's seems pretty clear now that Penny is the one with issues.

That being said, I do hope for the sake of our resume that they turn it around & start playing like a top 10 team.

Although it’s good that Memphis is giving Lil’ Penny an opportunity to get his lil’ degree. 

6 hours ago, NH said:

This Memphis win does not surprise me. They are a different team at home vs. on the road, which is pretty common for teams that rely on young players or guys who haven’t played together much. I wouldn’t want to face Memphis in the FedEx Forum, but I am guessing they will still have some disappointing performances away from home.

They did a better job of sharing the ball, but I still think their lack of a point guard was glaring. 

All of Penny Hardaway’s Memphis teams have been really good defensively, and I thought they showed flashes of being an elite defensive team this evening. 

Im still a little confused on why so many on this board seem to dislike or root against Penny Hardaway as a coach. It seems to me that his biggest sin is not recruiting a point guard, but otherwise is a generally stand-up guy. 

It’s more about a general disdain for the program and the university as a whole. How they sold their soul to the devil (Calipari) and have a win-at-all-cost mentality. They are a public school Dayton. Their fans believe their feces are void of odor and they root for players they probably wouldn’t hold the door for en route to Sunday brunch at the Peabody.

8 hours ago, NH said:

Imagine a Billiken program with, at a minimum, twice the talent of our current squad.  Imagine that program being a perennial NIT team.  That coach would be a laughingstock.

cgeldmacher likes this

8 hours ago, NH said:

I think the disdain here for Memphis is more generational too. I think we’re similar age, and I was only 12 when the Bills moved to the a10. I wasn’t really old enough to have that bad taste in my mouth.

The only knock on Penny in my mind is how he kind of on Nesbitt on his way out. He handled that pretty badly so I can get hating him for that