Other College Basketball Games 2021-22

31 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I have to think Gonzaga's status as a blueblood is lifting this league.

I think so re Gonzaga. USF had a strong tradition before the rise of the Zags, but that was before USF’s 3 year program shutdown in the ‘80’s. Gonzaga has owned the WCC for a long time. The success of the Gonzaga Men’s basketball team has put that school on the map, made it a trendy school.

Gonzaga and BYU both travel very well, bring lots of their fans with them on the road.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bay Area, any rumblings about WCC expansion?   Had seen speculation about Grand Canyon, Seattle and Denver being possible candidates

11 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Bay Area, any rumblings about WCC expansion?   Had seen speculation about Grand Canyon, Seattle and Denver being possible candidates

Those are the three that have been mentioned, this time I’ve read Grand Canyon or Seattle. The WCC will need at least one to replace BYU, which is Big XII bound. Seattle U is a former WCC member and a Jesuit school.

2 minutes ago, willie said:

I think we are game 3

We are. 

I think the infraction committee got this one right on the penalty.  I am not Pearl's biggest fan, but it appears through the FBI investigation that he wasn't involved in any way with the major violations. 

I think this recent run by Memphis concisely demonstrates what many of us felt about Penny Hardaway's coaching abilities.  He had an NIT champion team coming back intact and still went out and got some stellar pieces.  The story on ESPN is that there is disharmony in the Tigers' locker room and the one key piece Hardaway forgot in his recruiting was an actual point guard.  Emoni Bates ain't it.  

I suspect there will be addition by subtraction here shortly.  There are already 80 or so guys in the transfer portal per Verbal Commits including two from St. Joe's, and one each from Fordham and La Salle.

17 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I'd suggest not watching Nebraska at Auburn.  30 point game with 7 1/2 to play.

Maybe Auburn players will forget to bring their vax cards to Chaifetz next weekend.

[Final score, Tigers 99, Huskers 68]

Wasn't Brucie suspended for this game?

49 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Anyone have any thoughts on who in the world is going to guard Jabari Smith next Saturday? 6-10 plus athlete who can really shoot it. Possible #1 pick next year

Jordan obviously.