Other College Basketball Games 2021-22

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

3 of the first 4 D1 teams we’ve beaten are really bad.

Today for example:

New Orleans 90 Central Arkansas 63

Albany 64 E. Illinois 62

and Mercer trails MTSU by 17 mid second half. The jury is still out on Ill. State.

Watching Auburn UConn and Auburn will give us trouble. Bills need to get it together and get the W tonight. 

These are all things we knew before the season started btw

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

If the game was today on a neutral court  we would be around a 2 point underdog according to Sagarin.

Check back next week.

51 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

These are all things we knew before the season started btw

We knew they were cupcakes but didn’t know they were cupcakes for cupcakes.

Fordham upholds A10 pride by steaming Rice by 10 and boiling the Vegas line by 16!!

Also, VCU beats the Cuse by 12. This may be the worst Cuse team since pre-WW2.

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Who’s gonna guard at any position? Without JP we’ve got no shot.

I would bet that if you had watched Auburn play South Florida you’d be singing a different tune.

They won that game 58-52 with slash line of 34/19/69.

You saw them on a hot night I wouldn’t freak out about it just yet.

3 star this is so right.   great observation.   he has changed the game of basketball over his career (for example he was the first i remember saying, if it isnt a dunk it better be a 3 point attempt.  everything else he considered a bad shot).  i watched him up close in the old conference usa days coach from the bench just feet away from him.   it was worth the price of admission alone to listen to him interact with the players and the assistant coaches.   

but man has he f'd up off the court.  

Boise State (45 TR) played against CSU Baskerfield (253 TR) tonight at their home court. They were expected to beat CSU Baskerfield by 15.5 pts.

Boise State lost the game 39-46. The game stats were interesting. Overall FGM 22.4% for Boise ST and 39.1% for CSU Baskerfield. 3pt attempts/ 3pt made 32/6 22.4% for Boise ST. and 10/3 30.00% for CSU Baskerfield. The majority of the FGAs made by Boise St., 55.17% were 3 pt attempts. CSU Baskerfield's FGA 3pt attempts were 21.74% of their total. The number of Rebounds, Assists, TOs, and Blocks was essentially the same for both teams. Boise ST had 6 Steals and 12 PFs vs CSU Baskerfield's 4 Steals and 10 PFs.

I did not see the game but the stats seem to indicate CSU effectively blocked access to the basket and forced Boise to take lots of 3 pt shots which they did not make as a way to win the game. I would love to see SLU doing a similar job on Boise St. next Tuesday.