GDT: Eastern Illinois

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Casual fans come out to be entertained and seeing the end of the bench learn on the job is not entertaining.  It's a necessary step for this team to reach its potential but it's not entertaining.

They would have left anyway I have seen it for years and complain about it every game.

The game is done, a very nice win and with everyone, including Courtney, playing some time. As per the Vegas line we were expected to win by 21 pts, actually we won by 42 points! We are doing fine.

In my opinion, Traore is good but needs more playing time, he also has to improve his passing. I saw Lorentssen hit a very clean 3 pointer, I still think he needs to develop a more aggressive attitude. Among the top players, Linssen had a very good night with good scoring and rebounding. Okoro was very good. Everyone played well. Gone are the days when we had to play our main players for the full 40 minutes and fouling out by some player was a disaster.

I am pretty sure that we will advance in ranking tonight, after our win margin. One important point is that Eastern Illinois had tall players and people that could play and score. This was a much better team than Harris Stowe. Again, I think we can beat Memphis, it may not be an easy thing to do but I am sure we can pull it.

For me, player of the game was Linssen.  15 points in 15 minutes, including 3 steals and a block.  He got off 8 shots in the paint. Great hustle while on the floor.  There were numerous others with very nice games.

Hopefully an alarming trend of fouls from out 3 bigs will reverse itself against Memphis.  Nine fouls among the 3 in a total of 45 minutes.

Also of interest, all of our 'bigs' including Lorrentsson are from foreign countries. 

i think that after 4 on court views, the biggest positive takeaway thus far is our inside has become a strength.   1. legitimate argument/discussion who is our best bet for the inside as both linssen and okoro are appearing to be good options.   and 2. traore has turned out to be pleasant surprise and might turn into a legitimate player as well. 

of course we all have to be excited with the play of jimmerson.   what a turnaround from the end of the season

who's not excited about nesbitt all kind of visions of what this young man might turn into.

so with all of the above, it is easy to take forgranted yuri collins.   yuri has to be the best point guard in the A10 let alone in the discussion for America. 

i think billiken basketball is looking good.  but Tuesday will be instrumental in where we all take our future vision of this coming season.  

David King likes this

37 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think that after 4 on court views, the biggest positive takeaway thus far is our inside has become a strength.   1. legitimate argument/discussion who is our best bet for the inside as both linssen and okoro are appearing to be good options.   and 2. traore has turned out to be pleasant surprise and might turn into a legitimate player as well. 

of course we all have to be excited with the play of jimmerson.   what a turnaround from the end of the season

who's not excited about nesbitt all kind of visions of what this young man might turn into.

so with all of the above, it is easy to take forgranted yuri collins.   yuri has to be the best point guard in the A10 let alone in the discussion for America.

We undoubtedly will see Linssen and Okoro more or less split minutes, but I agree Traore will see a lot more action than what we all anticipated a week ago.  Linssen and Okoro just can't stop fouling.

My eyebrows are raised a tad when I look at blocked shots from those three.  In the three 'games' against weak opponents, Okoro has 3 blocks, Linssen 2 and Traore 0.  (Yes Hargrove and Nesbitt have 3 and 2).  I am looking for more rim protection that what we have seen to date.  The FT doesn't need comments.  It is beyond wonderful from the entire team, and particularly those 3.

Traore currently leads the team in FG% at 0.750, followed closely by Linssen at 0.722.  (I'm not listing Lorentsson's 3 for 3.)

Yep, I won't start taking any of this as meaning anything until we get at least through the Cancun Challenge.