GDT: Harris Stowe

Bills By 40

36 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-this reads like he was parked in the Weber lot, at that time of day there are guards in the booth, I guess they only check incoming

-embarrassing for The U

The post here says it was at the lot at 1 S Compton Ave which is NOT the Fred Weber lot.  That would be a surface lot just south of I-64.  Still embarrassing, but not quite as embarrassing as the guarded lot directly behind Chaifetz.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

The post here says it was at the lot at 1 S Compton Ave which is NOT the Fred Weber lot.  That would be a surface lot just south of I-64.  Still embarrassing, but not quite as embarrassing as the guarded lot directly behind Chaifetz.

1 S Compton IS Chaifetz. That walkway north of the building used to be Laclede Ave which is the N/S divider. I can't think of any other lot at 1 S Compton than the Weber lot.

3 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

1 S Compton IS Chaifetz. That walkway north of the building used to be Laclede Ave which is the N/S divider. I can't think of any other lot at 1 S Compton than the Weber lot.

...and I'm an idiot.  For some reason I thought N Compton was everything north of I-64 and S Compton was everything south of I-64.  That would make too much sense.  I guess Laclede is the divider though.

Jeezus.  I can't believe Frank's car was stolen off the Fred Weber lot.  SLU DPS has some explaining to do.

12 minutes ago, bauman said:

But can he do anything except dunk?  If so, I must have missed it.

He can defend and is fast but I get your point offensively.

He had a big moment against LSU at the close of the first half where he blocked a shot when we needed a stop.

When the team is in need of some defense I would have Strickland and Thatch out there with Nesbitt, Okoro and Collins.

2 hours ago, NH said:

Re-watched the game this morning. I agree with whoever said earlier in this thread that we somehow still take Yuri's passing for granted. I think he's the best college passer I've ever seen. He's definitely the best passer of any SLU player in my lifetime, and it's not particularly close (I guess Josh Fisher or Jordair Jett would be second, but there is a big gap). 

h is still the best billiken passer but yuri is in the conversation.  

others before your time, ernie D was unbelieveable.  pete maravich, magic johnson, bob cousy, the point is yuri isnt wearing any crowns............yet

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

This may not be strictly a GDT topic....but did others see Frank Cusumano had his car stolen for the Chaifetz lot yesterday.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/columns/joe-holleman/ksdks-frank-cusumanos-car-stolen-from-chaifetz-lot/article_4c428603-dfe9-5085-a83d-9ce5206aff22.html

In my younger days I’d hit the sauce a bit to hard take a cab home and forget where I parked my car the next day. 

Maybe that’s what happened to Frank.

51 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

h is still the best billiken passer but yuri is in the conversation.  

others before your time, ernie D was unbelieveable.  pete maravich, magic johnson, bob cousy, the point is yuri isnt wearing any crowns............yet

Sorry but I have to disagree about H being a better passer than Yuri. I loved H, He, Marquee, and J Harris were my fav Bills before JGood but Yuri was the better passer and imo it's not that close

Bills By 40, almaman and willie like this

I think H stands out, at least in my mind, because he was chucking passes neither the players nor the fans had seen a Billiken player make to that point.  I can't remember who the passes were to but I know on several occasions he hit players in the head and upper body with passes that they were not expecting because mere mortals could not have gotten the ball through the traffic..... 

billiken_roy likes this

12 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Sorry but I have to disagree about H being a better passer than Yuri. I loved H, He, Marquee, and J Harris were my fav Bills before JGood but Yuri was the better passer and imo it's not that close

See this is what I believe is wrong.  To say that H wasn't close to being as good a Yuri, not saying he is better or worse, is wrong.  They were/are both excellent.  Both had fantastic court vision.  You have to lump them both in the top tier.

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, HoosierPal said:

See this is what is wrong.  To say that H wasn't close to being as good a Yuri, not saying he is better or worse, is wrong.  They were/are both excellent.  Both had fantastic court vision.  You have to lump them both in the top tier.

This.

I won’t argue if someone says one is better than the other but the “not even close” is crazy.

I would say….tied for first. 

CBFan likes this

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This.

I won’t argue if someone says one is better than the other but the “not even close” is crazy.

I would say….tied for first. 

Exactly.  Pick whichever one you want.  They are both great.  "not even close" to me says you really don't remember H.

Billiken Rich likes this

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

See this is what I believe is wrong.  To say that H wasn't close to being as good a Yuri, not saying he is better or worse, is wrong.  They were/are both excellent.  Both had fantastic court vision.  You have to lump them both in the top tier.

I appreciate that you disagree. I remember H very well. And I still stand by my statement. H was a very good passer with very good vision. Yuri is elite. 

10 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

Very embarrassing. I am embarrassed to tell any one

I have heard a rumor that the whole story isn’t being reported here. There’s a reason it was so easy to steal Frank’s car that has nothing to do with SLU’s security. That’s not to say they shouldn’t be more diligent, I’m just saying certain details have been left out. 

22 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I have heard a rumor that the whole story isn’t being reported here. There’s a reason it was so easy to steal Frank’s car that has nothing to do with SLU’s security. That’s not to say they shouldn’t be more diligent, I’m just saying certain details have been left out. 

I’m sure he left it running

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I’m sure the university gains nothing from throwing a huge advocate for the school like Frank under the bus. I’m also sure the arena and it’s lots have cameras. They’ll let the police sort it out. But there’s more to the story than what’s in that article.

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Frank talked about it in his opening monologue today. He was by the loading dock and not far from security... he said the car was actually located but police said they were no longer allowed to recover it...

https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

Reinert310 likes this