Good Opening Night for the A10

The A10 went 13-1 on Opening Night, the sole blemish being LaSalle losing at home in OT to Sacred Heart 86-81.  Fordham has the Villanova Assistant as its new Head Coach, looks improved, won at Rose Hill Gym over Columbia of the Ivy League 77-67.  

Meanwhile, the Missouri Valley went 4-6, including Drake's Win over D-3 Coe College, which does not count in the NCAA NET.  The MVC lost to the Sun Belt, the MAC, the AAC, the OVC, the Southland, and the Summit in a disastrous, NET killing, Opening Night.  Included were Missouri State losing at home to SEMO, SIU losing at Little Rock, and Bradley losing at South Dakota State.

SIUe, fresh off losing an exhibition game to the D-2 Quincy University Hawks, gave Marquette all it could handle in Milwaukee, had the game in single digits, 2 possessions at crunch time, before succumbing at the end 88-77.  

The Western Illinois Leathernecks hit a 3 pointer at the end to down Nebraska (of the B1G) in Lincoln 75-74.

52 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Phill Russel played 25 minutes for SEMO. He had 3 pts 3 rebs and 2 assists.

I wish the best for Russel and I hope he becomes a big contributor but I like Jones a lot better and the incoming Juco player next season.

someoneelse likes this

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Fordham has the Villanova Assistant as its new Head Coach, looks improved, won at Rose Hill Gym over Columbia of the Ivy League 77-67.  

Hopefully, although Columbia hadn't played D1 basketball in over 18 months and is currently picked to finish dead last in the Ivy. Letting them "make it interesting" in the closing minutes wasn't a good look. 

9 minutes ago, Compton said:

Hopefully, although Columbia hadn't played D1 basketball in over 18 months and is currently picked to finish dead last in the Ivy. Letting them "make it interesting" in the closing minutes wasn't a good look. 

Dude, it's Fordham...

41 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Yep.....cheer if they beat Columbia College of Pharmacy at the buzzer.....

If I were a Fordham fan, I’d be cheering every single win I got. But mark my words, Fordham will NOT finish last this year. I think they have the potential to…finish outside the pillow fight. (dramatic gasp)

27 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

If I were a Fordham fan, I’d be cheering every single win I got. But mark my words, Fordham will NOT finish last this year. I think they have the potential to…finish outside the pillow fight. (dramatic gasp)

I got a troll post for this? Of all the stupid things I say on this board, THIS is a troll post? 

almaman likes this

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

I got a troll post for this? Of all the stupid things I say on this board, THIS is a troll post? 

The idea that Fordham would finish outside the pillow fight is so outrageous and absurd and insulting to every other A10 team and really anyone remotely interested in college basketball, that yeah, it's an absolute troll post.

5 minutes ago, Compton said:

The idea that Fordham would finish outside the pillow fight is so outrageous and absurd and insulting to every other A10 team and really anyone remotely interested in college basketball, that yeah, it's an absolute troll post.

I’d argue that St. Joe’s, LaSalle and GW are all worse than Fordham right now. It’s not at all out of the question that 1 of Duquesne/UMass/Mason underachieve or deal with a key injury or 2 to push Fordham outside of the pillow fight. There are several reasons for optimism since they hired their new coach. I really have no interest in the argument of “Fordham has always been comically bad, so that means they always will be comically bad.” In the immortal words of the band Cinemechanica in their song “Yen”, “You can’t say it can’t happen here/Just that it hasn’t happened yet”

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

I’d argue that St. Joe’s, LaSalle and GW are all worse than Fordham right now. It’s not at all out of the question that 1 of Duquesne/UMass/Mason underachieve or deal with a key injury or 2 to push Fordham outside of the pillow fight. There are several reasons for optimism since they hired their new coach. I really have no interest in the argument of “Fordham has always been comically bad, so that means they always will be comically bad.” In the immortal words of the band Cinemechanica in their song “Yen”, “You can’t say it can’t happen here/Just that it hasn’t happened yet”

Man I wish I was trying to write a novel in West Palm.....

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Man I wish I was trying to write a novel in West Palm.....

Actually about to move back to the ol’ STL. Turns out West Palm is the type of place that is fun to visit for vacation or if you can afford a Bentley. I’m not even kidding, the amount of Bentleys and Rolls Royces down here is mind blowing. But I found out I’m nowhere near fancy enough to live in south Florida. Lol