GDT: vs Central Arkansas

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminder: Get there a little early to catch the pregame memorial for Ford Stuen. Scheduled start time for it is 6:50.

Pro tip: Play it safe and get there at 4:00 for the women's game. Back-to-back season openers and you won't miss the Stuen ceremony.

Interesting from Stu's article. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/more-about-slu-as-it-prepares-for-three-games-in-four-days/article_06cc988c-d7c9-507a-90ec-69688fdc09fb.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

That being said, Ford has indicated he has a core eight-man rotation in mind. The belief is that it includes Yuri Collins, Gibson Jimerson, Terrence Hargrove Jr., Fred Thatch Jr., Jordan Nesbitt, Marten Linssen, Francis Okoro and Deandre Jones. Any remaining minutes will be a tussle between Rashad Williams, Markhi Strickland, Andre Lorentsson and Lassina “Basile” Traore.

Ford said. “But who starts is useless. It’s more about flow and who needs to come in. There’s no such thing as a top five. It’s a feel about what’s coming next.”

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting from Stu's article. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/more-about-slu-as-it-prepares-for-three-games-in-four-days/article_06cc988c-d7c9-507a-90ec-69688fdc09fb.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

That being said, Ford has indicated he has a core eight-man rotation in mind. The belief is that it includes Yuri Collins, Gibson Jimerson, Terrence Hargrove Jr., Fred Thatch Jr., Jordan Nesbitt, Marten Linssen, Francis Okoro and Deandre Jones. Any remaining minutes will be a tussle between Rashad Williams, Markhi Strickland, Andre Lorentsson and Lassina “Basile” Traore.

Ford said. “But who starts is useless. It’s more about flow and who needs to come in. There’s no such thing as a top five. It’s a feel about what’s coming next.”

Think Rashad has been cold in practice, too? If he proves his ability to come out and knock down 3's the way we were led to believe he would then there's most definitely situational minutes available for him. 

Traore will be a foul trouble guy, and that's it, but that might be more often than we think. 

Andre vs. Markhi will never be anything but matchup based and do we need offense or defense? 

58 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Maybe I’ve been drinking a little too much of the ol’ blue Kool Aid, but I feel pretty confident we’re gonna come out victorious tonight!

well that's a brave pick.  😁

Reinert310 likes this

Draftkings has SLU as -2500 favorites. Spread -22 and O/U 146.5. I think we cover but hit the under because we will play at a fast tempo but defense will be the #1 priority. Don't expect shooting troubles to have disappeared overnight but I would love to be proven wrong. 

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Reminder: Get there a little early to catch the pregame memorial for Ford Stuen. Scheduled start time for it is 6:50.

Pro tip: Play it safe and get there at 4:00 for the women's game. Back-to-back season openers and you won't miss the Stuen ceremony.

Anyone think stuen is going to get a banner in the rafters? At the exhibition games there was a rolled banner next majerus'.

17 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

Anyone think stuen is going to get a banner in the rafters? At the exhibition games there was a rolled banner next majerus'.

Not really - sorry he died and it was a tragic situation for his family my heart goes out to them but how can you expect a banner for him - he really did not earn it through years of service or accomplishment.  Not trying to sound harsh but banners are for those who place a historical imprint on the program.  Could the banner be for the NIT appearance last year?

Old guy likes this

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Not really - sorry he died and it was a tragic situation for his family my heart goes out to them but how can you expect a banner for him - he really did not earn it through years of service or accomplishment.  Not trying to sound harsh but banners are for those who place a historical imprint on the program.  Could the banner be for the NIT appearance last year?

I agree, on coach Ford.  And do we do NIT banners?  I never look up at banners so I have no clue. 

20 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

You're overthinking this. It doesn't affect anyone. I think you asking if its an NIT appearance on a banner is further out of the realm of possibility than one for Stuen. What are we, the Indianapolis Colts?

I think the banner is for him. He clearly meant a lot to staff and players. Do it.

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

You're overthinking this. It doesn't affect anyone. I think you asking if its an NIT appearance on a banner is further out of the realm of possibility than one for Stuen. What are we, the Indianapolis Colts?

I think the banner is for him. He clearly meant a lot to staff and players. Do it.

This. Megan Boken has a banner in the Pavilion and I think the kind of people they were and how they affected the University and those around them are similar.

AGB91 and rgbilliken like this