The Bills over C Ark by 25

The Wiz

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Look guys, if the only reason we are playing Harris Stowe is to get our team some extra playing time to tune up for Memphis, we can go ahead and play them with our second string, let the starters rest during this game and find out what players like Strickland, Williams and Lorentssen can do when left playing against a real opponent for a long time.

That was probably the original intent for this game, when it was scheduled months ago, and our potential A10 player of the year was still healthy. That’s no longer the case. Our guys, including the starters, need every minute of live game action they can get to gel. That would’ve been the case even if Perkins was healthy. You don’t squeeze this game into the schedule just have all your starters not play. That defeats the purpose. Will Strickland, Williams, Lorentsson and Traore end up playing a lot in the 2nd half? Jesus, I hope so. But that doesn’t make this game any less important for the starters going forward.

35 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

As noted, a benefit of playing Harris-Stowe is the repetitions.

Another benefit of playing NAIA Harris-Stowe is the game does not count in the NET, so it is not a NET killer just by playing a low rated opponent.

This. If we played a team like Chicago State and whooped them our NET and SOS would take a major hit, but by playing Harris Stowe, those are not impact led at all while still letting our team develop early on in the season. Lots of teams have a game like this for that reason

10 hours ago, almaman said:

was this first half of a home/away series ?

I think there is a third, neutral court game.  Hoops will be set up on Compton for a Sunday noon game in 2023.  Each team will keep their own score.  Players call their own fouls.  Benches will be the curbs, we get the west curb, they get the east curb.  Foot trucks will be available.

basebill123 likes this

54 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I think there is a third, neutral court game.  Hoops will be set up on Compton for a Sunday noon game in 2023.  Each team will keep their own score.  Players call their own fouls.  Benches will be the curbs, we get the west curb, they get the east curb.  Foot trucks will be available.

Finally. Compton Chaos. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

So basically Hoop-It-Up at the collegiate level?

I think there is a third, neutral court game.  Hoops will be set up on Compton for a Sunday noon game in 2023.  Each team will keep their own score.  Players call their own fouls.  Benches will be the curbs, we get the west curb, they get the east curb. 

This is crazy...

Foot trucks will be available.

NVM I'm in!