Signed Recruits' Thread

WVBilliken

9 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Potential 2022-2023 rotation:

Perkins (fingers crossed, but wouldn't blame him if he goes)

Yuri

Jnez

Okoro

Fred

Gibson

Parker

TJ

(another big from the portal, defense, defense, defense, is all we need)

(another PG from the portal)

Thames

Kramer

---

I am sadly expecting some players to leave the program... I would assume they'd be some combo of Williams, the swede, and Strickland... With that potential reality, if we're able to bring in the two big pieces above in a 4/5 and a backup PG, we are better next year (a lot better). I fully expect a huge Travis Ford offseason which, thus far, is by far the most fun part of being a billiken fan.

Respectfully I understand your feelings about Travis Ford recruiting in the off season.

Win or lose the best part of being a Billikens fan is attending games.  My wife gets so excited she wants to get in Chaifetz as early as possible to watch the Billikens practice.  All of the home games have been so exciting we have had a lot of fun this season in spite of the losses.

I am never comfortable about talking about players leaving.

I think the Swede, Andre can still be that stretch 4 we want if he puts on muscle.  I watch him at practice Andre has a nice 3 point shot.  Andre needs to have a Conklin summer and come back strong.  He still has 3 years of eligibility left.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Respectfully I understand your feelings about Travis Ford recruiting in the off season.

Win or lose the best part of being a Billikens fan is attending games.  My wife gets so excited she wants to get in Chaifetz as early as possible to watch the Billikens practice.  All of the home games have been so exciting we have had a lot of fun this season in spite of the losses.

I think the Swede, Andre can still be that stretch 4 we want if he puts on muscle.  I watch him at practice Andre has a nice 3 point shot.  Andre needs to have a Conklin summer and come back strong.  He still has 3 years of eligibility left.

Totally get all the above.. Sadly don't live in STL or midwest, so rarely make it to games. On the fortunate occasion that I do, it is by far the best. 

I also agree that it's probably bad form to talk about players leaving, but the landscape and attitude has also changed drastically over the last two years it's hard to ignore. I don't want anyone to leave team blue. I simply listed the three most likely candidates in my eyes but it could be anyone or no one.

26 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Totally get all the above.. Sadly don't live in STL or midwest, so rarely make it to games. On the fortunate occasion that I do, it is by far the best. 

I also agree that it's probably bad form to talk about players leaving, but the landscape and attitude has also changed drastically over the last two years it's hard to ignore. I don't want anyone to leave team blue. I simply listed the three most likely candidates in my eyes but it could be anyone or no one.

Agree with what your thinking and I do not think anyone is bad for mentioning who they think is leaving I am not comfortable doing myself and I don’t mind knowing what posters like yourself is thinking.

Taj has the best description of me when he said in a post and it’s true that I believe all Billiken recruits are good and that I want so bad for every recruit succeed in spite of their play on the court.

The wife and I enjoy watching the players interactions during the warm ups before the game.  Andre Lorentsson works out with Hargrove’s little brother for example.  Andre will feed the ball to the little guy to take a shot and Andre will get the ball from him and take shots.

Pattonville beat Francis Howell Central 69-37 and will face Francis Howell on Thursday at 6:30 at home. 1-seed Chaminade and 4-seed Hazelwood Central are on the other side of the District 3 bracket. Thames had 12 points (6-7, 0-1, 0-0), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, and 1 turnover. He also had at least one highlight reel dunk (his Instagram stories are always worth checking).

SLUH hosts Oakville tomorrow at 7. Winner gets the Jackson-Poplar Bluff winner in the District 1 title game.

Moberly, the Region 16 winner, will host Triton, the Region 4 winner, on Saturday at 7:00 for the Midwest district title. My understanding is that the 16 District winners get automatic bids to the national tournament, which has 24 spots and therefore 8 at-large bids. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

thetorch likes this

7 hours ago, Pistol said:

Pattonville beat Francis Howell Central 69-37 and will face Francis Howell on Thursday at 6:30 at home. 1-seed Chaminade and 4-seed Hazelwood Central are on the other side of the District 3 bracket. Thames had 12 points (6-7, 0-1, 0-0), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, and 1 turnover. He also had at least one highlight reel dunk (his Instagram stories are always worth checking).

SLUH hosts Oakville tomorrow at 7. Winner gets the Jackson-Poplar Bluff winner in the District 1 title game.

Moberly, the Region 16 winner, will host Triton, the Region 4 winner, on Saturday at 7:00 for the Midwest district title. My understanding is that the 16 District winners get automatic bids to the national tournament, which has 24 spots and therefore 8 at-large bids. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is correct. Looks ike Moberly should have a decent shot at an at large bid.

Fun fact - Moberly is tied with two other schools for the most NJCAA titles with 4.

Pistol likes this

Kramer had 16 in a 48-33 win over Oakville in the District 1 semifinals last night. SLUH will host Jackson on Friday at 3:00.

Pattonville hosts Francis Howell tonight at 6:30 in the District 3 semis.

Go see the kids play if you can.

my grandson had a 9u select tourney last weekend that was played at francis howell.   i was amazed at the school.   we turned off 64 after the bridge and drove through the busch wildlife grounds i.e. there was nothing for miles.    then all at once out of nowhere pops up this gorgeous large high school.   we get in the building and it is just beautiful.   

so those of you that know.   explain to this kid for the illinois hicks, where did the money come to build that school?   who the hell goes there as like i said, we didnt see anything once we turned off he interstate till we got to the school.  

is that all beer money?   

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

my grandson had a 9u select tourney last weekend that was played at francis howell.   i was amazed at the school.   we turned off 64 after the bridge and drove through the busch wildlife grounds i.e. there was nothing for miles.    then all at once out of nowhere pops up this gorgeous large high school.   we get in the building and it is just beautiful.   

so those of you that know.   explain to this kid for the illinois hicks, where did the money come to build that school?   who the hell goes there as like i said, we didnt see anything once we turned off he interstate till we got to the school.  

is that all beer money?   

St. Charles tax dollars hard at work.  https://fhhstoday.com/2646/archive/howell-celebrates-new-building/ 

51 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

is that all beer money?   

I hate to tell you this but that school is not much different than any of the other schools built in the same time frame in the area.  Schools are built usually by bond issues that the voters approved at some point that technically can age out.  Operating taxes are a levy that voters agree to that stay in place indefinitely unless a sunset clause was inserted which is possible but rare.  I do not know the attendance  lines for the school.  I am sure the location was selected because the land was cheaper and they could get enough of it.  Usually a high school requires up to 80 acres so you need a pretty good chunk.  Can you build on a smaller sight of course but the smaller the site the more land has to be more fully useable.  Fields and parking take a lot of space.

dont get me wrong.   i was very impressed with the campus and the inside of the building.   i just couldnt believe out in the middle of nowhere was this beautiful school.   my first inclination was the busch's donated land or something.   but it makes sense that deserted totally undeveloped land could be had inexpensively and other than running utilities probably fairly cheap to set up the development.  thanks everyone.   it's been driving me crazy since we visited there last saturday.  

The season came to an end last night for Thames and Pattonville in a 56-46 overtime loss against Francis Howell in the District 3 semifinals. FH will now take on Chaminade in the district final; Chaminade just edged out Hazelwood Central on the other side. Thames finished with 17 points (7-19, 2-5, 1-3), 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers. Francis Howell had a steal and made a half-court heave at the halftime buzzer. Booker Simmons from FH had 15 in the fourth and OT and Pattonville couldn't hit a shot in OT.

Kramer and Parker are still playing, with both SLUH and Moberly in action tomorrow.

CBFan likes this

On 3/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, billiken_roy said:

dont get me wrong.   i was very impressed with the campus and the inside of the building.   i just couldnt believe out in the middle of nowhere was this beautiful school.   my first inclination was the busch's donated land or something.   but it makes sense that deserted totally undeveloped land could be had inexpensively and other than running utilities probably fairly cheap to set up the development.  thanks everyone.   it's been driving me crazy since we visited there last saturday.  

It is an incredible high school until you realize that is about a football throw from the Weldon Springs nuclear waste site. Brilliant location decision. Can’t see anything going wrong with this one. 

Kramer led SLUH to a District 1 title tonight, scoring 24 in a 55-39 win over Jackson. Their reward is a quarterfinals match against CBC, which beat SLUH soundly in both meetings this season. Third game is always a dangerous one, though.

Don't have stats yet but Parker and Moberly beat Triton 83-74 tonight to seal an automatic bid to the NJCAA D-I tournament in Hutchinson, Kansas this month. I'll update when I have Parker's numbers.

On 2/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, CBFan said:

I get that.  But it can be done respectfully.  And sometimes it looks like it’s really good for the player.  Take Russel for instance.  Having a great year and getting a free education.

I don’t think the Swede is fast enough.  Obviously we haven’t seen him play much.  But I think he’d get beat on defense quite a bit.  I’ve never watched a practice.  So those of you that have am I wrong?  Please correct me if I am.

6 hours ago, Slowry said:

I get that.  But it can be done respectfully.  And sometimes it looks like it’s really good for the player.  Take Russel for instance.  Having a great year and getting a free education.

I don’t think the Swede is fast enough.  Obviously we haven’t seen him play much.  But I think he’d get beat on defense quite a bit.  I’ve never watched a practice.  So those of you that have am I wrong?  Please correct me if I am.

Sure it can I am not comfortable is all.

The wife and I get really emotionally invested in the players.  We stay after the games to cheer them off the court and we normally show as soon as the doors open up at Chaifetz.

I guess I did not articulate very well about not being comfortable about the subject I am just speaking for myself not  about other posters.

You could be right about Andre not being fast enough I do not think he is strong enough yet and needs a Conklin summer.  Andre can really shoot that 3 in the shoot around before games.

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

Kramer led SLUH to a District 1 title tonight, scoring 24 in a 55-39 win over Jackson. Their reward is a quarterfinals match against CBC, which beat SLUH soundly in both meetings this season. Third game is always a dangerous one, though.

Don't have stats yet but Parker and Moberly beat Triton 83-74 tonight to seal an automatic bid to the NJCAA D-I tournament in Hutchinson, Kansas this month. I'll update when I have Parker's numbers.

Moberly on quite a run back to back victories against top 15 teams in the country.

Watched the second half of the game last night where Parker did most of his damage (19 of his 23 points). One nice tidbit came with about 2-3 minutes left and Triton had clawed back to be down 4 and the announcers say that this is when they need Parker to make some big buckets and right on queue he makes a nice driving layup and 2 FTs on another possession to help put the game back out of reach. Eerily similar to Perkins for us the past 2 years. Also both teams employed a full court press for the whole time I was watching, is this common in JUCO? It made the game very hectic.

Also this was a nice play (from his IG story): https://instagram.com/stories/sinnyboii.21/2788114795547961586?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Full games can be found here: 

https://youtu.be/l35KXYzXZTk

Pistol likes this

8 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Watched the second half of the game last night where Parker did most of his damage (19 of his 23 points). One nice tidbit came with about 2-3 minutes left and Triton had clawed back to be down 4 and the announcers say that this is when they need Parker to make some big buckets and right on queue he makes a nice driving layup and 2 FTs on another possession to help put the game back out of reach. Eerily similar to Perkins for us the past 2 years. Also both teams employed a full court press for the whole time I was watching, is this common in JUCO? It made the game very hectic.

Also this was a nice play (from his IG story): https://instagram.com/stories/sinnyboii.21/2788114795547961586?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Full games can be found here: 

https://youtu.be/l35KXYzXZTk

Thanks for the rundown. They still haven't put up full stats for Moberly yet. https://njcaaregion16.org/sports/mbkb/2021-22/boxscores/20220305_86rz.xml?view=boxscore